Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pelado

How does Kellen Moore rate among all-time QB's

12 members have voted

1. 1. How does Kellen Moore rate among all-time college QBs?

I understand your point and it's a good one.

Still, the number of days scheduling two bowl teams was running out. TCU fans should know this. Boise State's window of trying to make the MNchampionship will be a pipe dream in 2012 with most of the starters leaving. Including the best college QB in history. Sure they could have waited, but it wouldn't have done any good IMO. Scheduling Fresno State and Nevada made sense under the circumstances.

What other choices did I miss?

You'd have to put him in that category of "not winning the Heisman" QB's. As much as I think he will end up as one of the best QBs in history, statistically speaking, I don't think you can realistically put him in that discussion. NFL may be about rings, and there may not be a fair comparison in college, but I don't honestly feel that he has put up the numbers against the competition on a weekly basis. Now its not his fault 3 years in the WAC, but still he has been 3 years in the WAC.

No kiddin', I have a hard time comparing football players that played in different eras.

So I have a tough time comparing him to John Elway or Sonny Sixkiller or Sonny Gibbs, or a bunch of others that I could name.

But I think among his peers there is no one better than Moore, and I won't change my opinion if the Heisman voters don't agree with me.

I actually thought it might be "All of the above".

But after reading on this board about all the awesomeness in recruiting that Boise gets every year, it kinda takes away something from him. If Boise wasn't a conduit to the NFL in every position (except FG Kicker.... of course), it would be more impressive. But now it looks like he's just riding on the coat tails of all that NFL talent.

5810035788_0136d8168b_b.jpg

Second best midget QB after Doug Flutie.

Thats pretty good.

The question of where to rank him, is a tough one. I think the wac has to be taken into consideration. But at the same time what makes hin so good is his decision making and accuracy, Would that change so much if he were georgias qb? All in all i think he is a very good college qb with very little chance of sticking in the nfl.

"but we only lost to Stanford by 3."

I just wonder how good he'd be facing elite or even above average defenses each week. Too bad we'll never know.

4-0 vs AQ teams

10-3 Oregon #9

10-3 Oregon #11 PAC-10 champs

11-3 Va Tech #15 ACC champs

5-7 Oregon St

From a quick search, no non-AQ QB has ever beat 3 top 15 AQ teams in the BCS era.. His 5 wins vs ranked teams are also the most as well, and he still has a year to go with 4 of the 12 teams on the schedule finished in the top 25 last year.

It's impossible to compare QB's over time as the game changes.. But I think it's a pretty safe bet to call him the best non-AQ Qb in the BCS era.

4-0 vs AQ teams

10-3 Oregon #9

10-3 Oregon #11 PAC-10 champs

11-3 Va Tech #15 ACC champs

5-7 Oregon St

From a quick search, no non-AQ QB has ever beat 3 top 15 AQ teams in the BCS era.. His 5 wins vs ranked teams are also the most as well, and he still has a year to go with 4 of the 12 teams on the schedule finished in the top 25 last year.

It's impossible to compare QB's over time as the game changes.. But I think it's a pretty safe bet to call him the best non-AQ Qb in the BCS era.

Safe bet to who?

In two years Alex Smith had nearly double the AQ wins, a better winning pct in a tougher conference (21-1), 2-0 in bowls, a BCS victory (in a time when a non AQ had to finish in the top 6 of the BCS to make it--much tougher than the current rules), he finished the same in the Heisman Vote as Kellen did, and he was the #1 pick for the NFL draft. Yeah I know he has not done much on the pro level, and I don't think there is anything wrong in thinking Kellen Moore is the best non-AQ QB in the BCS era.

But to act like it is a no-brainer, and no other QB has compared---ridiculous.