Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UofNPackFan

chances both TCU/BSU are in NC game?

It would take things like a 2-loss SEC champ ... every other confrence champ has 1 loss ...

VT wins the ACC and finished 12-1 ... Oregon State wins the Pac-10 and finishes 10-2 ...

Utah finished 11-1 with an only loss to TCU ... wins over three BCS schools ... BYU 10-2 with losses to Utah and TCU ....

Fresno State finishes 11-1 and in the Top 15 with wins over 3 BCS schools ...

Given all that -- its still 50-50 ...

Yes it would all have to look like that. But if they end up 1 and two, then they end up one and two regardless.

I think people would start effing around with their votes to help their conference mates and screw over BSU and TCU.

That is a very high possibility. In fact, BSU is really lucky to start 3 and TCU 6, but as the season goes on, even if they stay undefeated, Conference pride will set in a bit. But the computers are not effected and the Harris poll voters might be swayed to keep them both in the top 5 provided they keep winning.

I have to side with Coach Pete though, we haven't accomplished anything yet. We still have to go into a hostile environment in two weeks (LOL Wyoming). To be honest though, Wyoming always plays us tough. Pete also said the Target on our backs grows every week. Who doesn't want to knock off the #3 in the nation??? One game at a time. If the chips fall, then they fall well. Otherwise the Fiesta and Rose Bowl are also possibilies this year. GO BRONCOS!

Its a lot more probable that if they both run the table, one of them will be in the national championship game and the other will be in a bcs bowl, even possibly the rose bowl. If BSU or TCU qualifies as #1 or #2, then the way the rules are written, the Non AQ rule would still be in effect because the team playing in the BCS championship game is qualifying based on being #1 or #2, not using the non AQ rule. So, one more probably scenario would be BSU v. Ohio St in the Fiesta Bowl while TCU plays Oregon in the Rose Bowl.

I am bumping this thread because there is still a 25% chance that both teams play for the NC! As it is Auburn may lose and with a blow out they will not make it to the NC game, so that leaves OU and LSU (also the VOTERS) in the way of both BSU and TCU making the NC game (assuming both win out) and Stanford outside shot with OU/OKU winner/ winout should equal 25% chance!!!

It was funny how Tim Brando just talked about "BCS Armageddon" and projected a re-match of the 2008 Poinsettia Bowl in this year's BCS Championship game. I'd say the chances are still pretty low, even if Auburn loses, but they are not beyond the realm of possibility.

If BOTH TCU and BSU go to the NC; it will be the WORST thing that can happen to a Non-AC conference.

1. No one wants to see another rematch of TCU/BSU. It wasn't the best watched game last year; this one would be no different.

2. The ONLY reason TCU/BSU played in the BCS last year against each other, was because it was the ONLY way the BCS could appease both teams, but NOT have to have a BCS play them and possibly loose. E.g. Utah vs Alabama

3. If TCU and BSU play each other for the NC, the BCS conferences, teams, fans, and pundits will simply say it was a way to make the non-AQ conferences happy. They know after this year, this scenario will never happen again. (TCU/BSU will be in the same conference, and both can't be undefeated).

The only way to truly have the respect we need, is for BOTH teams to play a BCS game, against BCS teams, and win. I'd give up a NC to ensure both teams got to play BCS bowls against BCS teams.

27fb3675e6bf8bbd155cf063ad59994d.jpg

still has to be more than 2.5% these two are to close to #1 for this not to be a SERIOUS consideration, if you don't think so then YOU are a FOOL!

A fool maybe but with a much greater grasp on reality than you have

One of the Final Five..........

My reality is just fine! I am more rational, that might be a better word! You saying 2.5 chance is like all the other BCS BONERS!

You want to revise that +++++++ statement of 25% yet?

The thing about 'statistics' is it assumes the parts being surveyed are all equal. Even you can't be that stupid.

Or maybe you can.

One of the Final Five..........