Jump to content
Bronco7454

Some recent departures from Boise State football team

Recommended Posts

I noticed some players who were on the Boise State football roster last month who are no longer are on the current roster as of July 1st.

TE - Cayden Dawson - 6' 4" 240 lbs - Was going to be a RS Freshman for the 2024 season

DT - Howard Brown - 6' 3" 303 lbs - 6' 3" 303 lbs - Was going to be a RS Junior for the 2024 season.  He was involved in the betting scandal at Iowa State and I'm surprised he stayed on the roster as long as he did.


There's also a 2024 CB transfer from Washington named Davon Banks who WAS on the roster (as # 6) but he's not on it now.

There may be others.  These are just the ones that I saw as no longer on the roster this morning.

What struck me as odd is I've seen NOTHING about these departures in the local Boise area media.   But I could have missed it I suppose.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/1/2024 at 11:33 AM, Bronco7454 said:

 

 

I see Soupslam has taken this info and posted it as his own over on the 247 forum.

I'm not at all sure that Banks was ever on the Boise State roster.   So that part of what I wrote here is probably incorrect.  I only included him because I had him listed as # 6 but that was his jersey number at Washington and I probably listed him as # 6 because there is no player on the Boise State roster who is wearing # 6 (on defense or offense).

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What is status/condition of the blue/rug in Boise??

When my kid played up there are few years ago, it was quite thread-bare with very poor infill/cushion and overall in very bad shape - to the point of being a legit safety/risk concern to the players.

I hope among all of BSU's aspirations, they are concerned about the safety and well-being of players first and foremost!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/8/2024 at 2:25 PM, agswin said:

What is status/condition of the blue/rug in Boise??

Your kid must be uncoordinated.

Turf has been replaced in 2010 and again in 2019 (with FieldTurf®).Typically most artificial surfaces last 8-10 years. Should be in good shape now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/8/2024 at 9:04 PM, bsu_alum9 said:

Your kid must be uncoordinated.

Turf has been replaced in 2010 and again in 2019 (with FieldTurf®).Typically most artificial surfaces last 8-10 years. Should be in good shape now.

Vomit Lol GIF by Where's My Challenge?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/2/2024 at 7:12 AM, Bronco7454 said:

 

I see Soupslam has taken this info and posted it as his own over on the 247 forum.

I'm not at all sure that Banks was ever on the Boise State roster.   So that part of what I wrote here is probably incorrect.  I only included him because I had him listed as # 6 but that was his jersey number at Washington and I probably listed him as # 6 because there is no player on the Boise State roster who is wearing # 6 (on defense or offense).

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/8/2024 at 3:25 PM, agswin said:

What is status/condition of the blue/rug in Boise??

When my kid played up there are few years ago, it was quite thread-bare with very poor infill/cushion and overall in very bad shape - to the point of being a legit safety/risk concern to the players.

I hope among all of BSU's aspirations, they are concerned about the safety and well-being of players first and foremost!

 

What on Earth does what you wrote here have ANYTHING to do with the topic of this thread?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/1/2024 at 10:33 AM, Bronco7454 said:

I noticed some players who were on the Boise State football roster last month who are no longer are on the current roster as of July 1st.

TE - Cayden Dawson - 6' 4" 240 lbs - Was going to be a RS Freshman for the 2024 season

DT - Howard Brown - 6' 3" 303 lbs - 6' 3" 303 lbs - Was going to be a RS Junior for the 2024 season.  He was involved in the betting scandal at Iowa State and I'm surprised he stayed on the roster as long as he did.


There's also a 2024 CB transfer from Washington named Davon Banks who WAS on the roster (as # 6) but he's not on it now.

There may be others.  These are just the ones that I saw as no longer on the roster this morning.

What struck me as odd is I've seen NOTHING about these departures in the local Boise area media.   But I could have missed it I suppose.

Just heard on BJ Rains interview of SD, banks got into town a couple weeks ago.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/12/2024 at 3:23 PM, bsu_alum9 said:

Just heard on BJ Rains interview of SD, banks got into town a couple weeks ago.

He's on the recently updated Boise State football team roster as is 6th year Senior RB & excellent punt returner transfer from Utah State by the name of Cooper Jones.  Banks is # 20 on the new roster and Jones is # 18.   There are a number of other new players listed on this newly updated roster.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...