Jump to content
Bronco7454

A sneak-peek at what $60 million is getting Boise State for their north endzone remodel

Recommended Posts

On 4/14/2024 at 4:02 PM, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Tell me about it. Our entire football campus cost ‘only’ $55m to build in 2006, now it’s $88m for one tower.  City of Orlando trying to put a $400m roof structure over a $100m Citrus Bowl is silly economics too.  

just like 220 million to renovate half the Liberty Bowl when it cost 5 million to build and 19 million to 'totally renovate' in 1989.

  • Haha 1

mem skyline sig.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/14/2024 at 2:57 PM, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Currently #14 ranked recruiting class for 2025, so it looks you may be right for once!

If UCF were to successfully create an outdoor metal structure in Florida that didn’t build rust over time then it would be considered a modern engineering marvel.  You need to see more stadiums before you get all judgy.  

Reading that article, looks like whatever cheap, shady construction company you paid under the table took massive shortcuts not up to code with the coatings. 

“Coating delaminations were found on many of the stadium’s steel support structures, allegedly due to subpar coating selection and application techniques. Photo courtesy of TLC Engineering” 

The scariest part is you folks childishly named this dump “the bounce house”. Given the current problems in the article, I don’t think it’s safe for 30k rednecks to be jumping around in that shitbox. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/14/2024 at 6:41 PM, utenation said:

Reading that article, looks like whatever cheap, shady construction company you paid under the table took massive shortcuts not up to code with the coatings. 

“Coating delaminations were found on many of the stadium’s steel support structures, allegedly due to subpar coating selection and application techniques. Photo courtesy of TLC Engineering” 

freestar

The scariest part is you folks childishly named this dump “the bounce house”. Given the current problems in the article, I don’t think it’s safe for 30k rednecks to be jumping around in that shitbox. 

Imagine if it was actually next to a beach, Daytona Speedway doesn’t have the same issue.  

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/14/2024 at 6:41 PM, utenation said:

 

The scariest part is you folks childishly named this dump “the bounce house”. Given the current problems in the article, I don’t think it’s safe for 30k rednecks to be jumping around in that shitbox. 

You overestimate your traveling fanbase.

  • Troll 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/14/2024 at 6:40 PM, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

You overestimate your traveling fanbase.

I can promise you this. UTAH would NEVER schedule UCF if it were our choice.  They should put a sign at all the ticket gates requiring proof of recent tetanus shots to enter and “ bounce” at your own risk. 
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/14/2024 at 8:58 PM, utenation said:

I can promise you this. UTAH would NEVER schedule UCF if it were our choice.
 

 

Schools that know they’ll lose tend to do that, I don’t blame you to be honest.  Unluckily for you Utah isn’t in a position to have any say what gets done to them.  Its doubly unlucky that you hired a complete dimwit for an AD that’s running you into the ground just like the last place he was at.

  • Troll 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/15/2024 at 12:53 AM, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Schools that know they’ll lose tend to do that, I don’t blame you to be honest.  Unluckily for you Utah isn’t in a position to have any say what gets done to them.  Its doubly unlucky that you hired a complete dimwit for an AD that’s running you into the ground just like the last place he was at.

Lol at all of this. You guys finished at the bottom of the B12 and below .500

Trust me, there isn’t one team in FBS that fears “powerhouse” UCF in any sport.  
 

I don’t think any Utah fan is disappointed with Mark Harlan. Last year our football team made $92+ million(Top 15 in rev) and $17 million for hoops.  The $92 million is more than your entire budget. I think we’ll keep our AD.
 

Maybe you guys should fix your stadium before someone gets hurt or even killed when all your bleacher seats fall to the ground in a cloud of rusty dust. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/14/2024 at 2:57 PM, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Currently #14 ranked recruiting class for 2025, 

lol, are you really bragging about recruiting rankings this early? You have what 5 guys?

Get back to me at the end of the recruiting season. 

Any of your players worth a damn will just transfer anyways. How’s Gabriel these days? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/15/2024 at 3:24 AM, utenation said:

Lol at all of this. You guys finished at the bottom of the B12 and below .500

Trust me, there isn’t one team in FBS that fears “powerhouse” UCF in any sport.  

Could I interest you in some socks?

IMG_1981.webp

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/15/2024 at 2:47 AM, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Daytona speedway has rust all over, it’s still an institution.  

Daytona Speedway is experiencing a delaminating issue that is questioning its structural integrity?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/15/2024 at 4:17 AM, tailingpermit said:

Daytona Speedway is experiencing a delaminating issue that is questioning its structural integrity?

No, but neither is UCF’s stadium.  UCF filed that suit nearly 9 years ago (article above is over 8 years old) before a clause in their UCFAA contract expired in order to get a certain builder to return 10m in lost penalty payments.  While there is still rust any issues that could’ve led to structural integrity were long ago remediated as UCFAA has had to reinsure the property in order to get reno financing approved.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/15/2024 at 3:43 AM, utenation said:

lol, are you really bragging about recruiting rankings this early? You have what 5 guys?

Get back to me at the end of the recruiting season. 

Any of your players worth a damn will just transfer anyways. How’s Gabriel these days? 

I got back to you when you said the same thing with the last recruiting cycle, you went silent.  You’ll do the same thing again ;)

And yes, I’m bragging about our recruiting trajectory.  Anyone else here would if they were pulling these classes with our resources.

May peace be with Gabriel, glad he could recreate his success he was given from us elsewhere.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/15/2024 at 3:24 AM, utenation said:

 

I don’t think any Utah fan is disappointed with Mark Harlan. Last year our football team made $92+ million(Top 15 in rev) and $17 million for hoops.  The $92 million is more than your entire budget. I think we’ll keep our AD.
 

Maybe you guys should fix your stadium before someone gets hurt or even killed when all your bleacher seats fall to the ground in a cloud of rusty dust. 

It’s actively happening, kinda painful to watch honestly.  He’ll leave right before the collapse, 2 maybe 3 years left.

Our revenue and budget will be higher than Utah this season.  Good for you for having barely more revenue after being in a power league for years though.  I guess enjoy the last season right?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/15/2024 at 5:36 AM, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

No.

Good to hear the rednecks of America will be safe this summer!

I will pray for UCF’s visiting fans, a little more rust might be the beginning of the Crumble House.  

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/15/2024 at 3:36 AM, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

No, but neither is UCF’s stadium.  UCF filed that suit nearly 9 years ago (article above is over 8 years old) before a clause in their UCFAA contract expired in order to get a certain builder to return 10m in lost penalty payments.  While there is still rust any issues that could’ve led to structural integrity were long ago remediated as UCFAA has had to reinsure the property in order to get reno financing approved.

So it’s a”safe” shitbox?

Thanks for confirming. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/15/2024 at 3:54 AM, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

It’s actively happening, kinda painful to watch honestly.  He’ll leave right before the collapse, 2 maybe 3 years left.

Our revenue and budget will be higher than Utah this season.  Good for you for having barely more revenue after being in a power league for years though.  I guess enjoy the last season right?

Barely more revenue?  $126 mill vs $88 mill is “barely more” LMAO. I guess $38 million is small.  Like I said, just our football rev was more than your entire budget.   

Clearly you need help with math. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/15/2024 at 3:45 AM, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

I got back to you when you said the same thing with the last recruiting cycle, you went silent.  You’ll do the same thing again ;)

And yes, I’m bragging about our recruiting trajectory.  Anyone else here would if they were pulling these classes with our resources.

May peace be with Gabriel, glad he could recreate his success he was given from us elsewhere.

I guess when you finish 3-7 in conference and 2 of those wins were against your turd AAC buddies Houston and Cincy, you have to try to find moral victories with pre mature recruiting rankings. Lol. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...