Jump to content
---I GREEN INFECTION I---

Frmr UNR QB Carson Strong back at CSU for Spring Ball 2024.

Recommended Posts

On 4/2/2024 at 6:40 PM, BacksThePack said:

Good to see him get work after he wasn't retained by the new HC here.

 

On 4/2/2024 at 6:58 PM, Headbutt said:

Agree.  You did pick up Matt Lubick though, and that's a good get.  Hopefully, UNR is his last stop before he gets a HC shot.  Hopefully he's not there long.  Things are definitely looking up in Reno.

 

@BacksThePack - @Headbutt speaks the truth.

Y'all have a special one there in Matt Lubick.  He's held the same position at Oregon, Washington (Co-OC) & Nebraska.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/2/2024 at 7:58 PM, Headbutt said:

Agree.  You did pick up Matt Lubick though, and that's a good get.  Hopefully, UNR is his last stop before he gets a HC shot.  Hopefully he's not there long.  Things are definitely looking up in Reno.

What has Lubick shown to think he is HC material and is that even one of his goals?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/2/2024 at 2:51 PM, ---I GREEN INFECTION I--- said:

 

Lookin’ frwd to the last 8th Grade Dance?

 

He is?  Odd.  The stuff you dirty hippy stoners come up with these days...back away from the bong, and take a shower, it will clear your mind.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/3/2024 at 7:58 AM, Iam4wyo said:

He is?  Odd.  The stuff you dirty hippy stoners come up with these days...back away from the bong, and take a shower, it will clear your mind.

 

Nice narrative.  At least your stale witless erroneous material comes from your lower class men yrs of HS.

I’m tested by multiple consortiums.  Haven't smoked weed in decades.  

You’ll be SHOCKED.  The “dirty hippies” are in boulder county.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/3/2024 at 9:15 AM, ---I GREEN INFECTION I--- said:

 

Nice narrative.  At least your stale witless erroneous material comes from your lower class men yrs of HS.

I’m tested by multiple consortiums.  Haven't smoked weed in decades.  

You’ll be SHOCKED.  The “dirty hippies” are in boulder county.

 

 

Whoa there, easy brah.  Just having fun.   

I will say though, you are right about Boulder, but FC has taken on the dirty hippy look quite well the past decade +.  Maybe the difference is the hippies in Boulder are riding on trust fund money, while the hippies in FC live on the streets and panhandle for some happy smoke & meth?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/3/2024 at 11:12 AM, Iam4wyo said:

Whoa there, easy brah.  Just having fun.   

I will say though, you are right about Boulder, but FC has taken on the dirty hippy look quite well the past decade +.  Maybe the difference is the hippies in Boulder are riding on trust fund money, while the hippies in FC live on the streets and panhandle for some happy smoke & meth?

Meh, most of that stuff in FC has toned down a lot.  Still too much, but Denver and Greeley have become much more inviting destinations so a lot of those issues have headed that way.  Your not wrong about the hippie factor though.  It's just that they have jobs, own homes, and from what I can tell it's more about weed and shrooms than meth.  It's not the Fort Fun I went to school in.  I know several area cops.  They tell me that  if you get about a mile out of the I-25 and Hwy 85 corridors things are in pretty good shape.  Those corridors (including into Wyoming) are really bad though.  Really, I-80 and Cheyenne are where the big trafficking busts happen.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/2/2024 at 11:30 PM, Wyobraska said:

What has Lubick shown to think he is HC material and is that even one of his goals?  

Whether it's a goal of his is really an assumption on my (and many other's part).  He's had experience as an OC at the highest levels of CFB, and NFL coaching experience.  His path has been similar to Jay Norvell's, who worked pretty much everywhere before UNR gave him a shot.  If it is a goal, I think he'll get his shot.  Maybe not P4 of course, but G5 or FCS to start.  I don't know if he's on an intentional career path to achieve that end, or if he's just put in enough time to be considered in that group.  He was a pretty hot commodity until cancer derailed his career.  Now that he's whipped that evil villain, he appears to be working his way back. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/3/2024 at 5:04 PM, Headbutt said:

Whether it's a goal of his is really an assumption on my (and many other's part).  He's had experience as an OC at the highest levels of CFB, and NFL coaching experience.  His path has been similar to Jay Norvell's, who worked pretty much everywhere before UNR gave him a shot.  If it is a goal, I think he'll get his shot.  Maybe not P4 of course, but G5 or FCS to start.  I don't know if he's on an intentional career path to achieve that end, or if he's just put in enough time to be considered in that group.  He was a pretty hot commodity until cancer derailed his career.  Now that he's whipped that evil villain, he appears to be working his way back. 

He was out of football for a few years before Frost hired him at Nebraska and then was let go from that staff (although we probably shouldn't hold that against him as Frost's tenure was disaster due to Frost).  Then he had his unfortunate cancer diagnosis, which obviously meant he couldn't coach full time.  

I know he is regarded as a good offensive mind but it seems like it has been quite awhile since he has had meaningful success as a position coach or coordinator.  

Hopefully he can be a great asset at Nevada and prove that his a great OC but I think that remains to be seen.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/3/2024 at 7:38 PM, Wyobraska said:

He was out of football for a few years before Frost hired him at Nebraska and then was let go from that staff (although we probably shouldn't hold that against him as Frost's tenure was disaster due to Frost).  Then he had his unfortunate cancer diagnosis, which obviously meant he couldn't coach full time.  

I know he is regarded as a good offensive mind but it seems like it has been quite awhile since he has had meaningful success as a position coach or coordinator.  

Hopefully he can be a great asset at Nevada and prove that his a great OC but I think that remains to be seen.

I'll just comment on your last sentence.

Hopefully he completely sucks at Nevada, but some team that I like sees his potential and gives him a shot.  😄

I do think he's legit and has the resume to step up to the next level.  He's a good guy.  I remember him at practice at CSU back when his dad was HC, (and I was attending a bunch of practices) and you could see the passion and the knowledge.  I do hope he gets his shot.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/3/2024 at 7:58 PM, PackNation said:

Assuming that other world doesn't want you so wakes you up?

At sunrise I fight to stay asleep ‘cause I don't wanna leave the comfort of this place.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...