Jump to content
quickdraw

UNLV Runnin’ Rebel Roster 2024 - 2025

Recommended Posts

On 4/18/2024 at 8:37 AM, B_Lootz said:

4’s got some kind of beef with Leon, apparently. 

Hopefully, what Whiting lacks in athleticism he brings some needed maturity and leadership to this squad. 

Yep, but is @Swoll Cracker the only one that gets what I’m saying? 
 

And yeah, not a fan of Leon, but it was a joke, lol. Kind of. The guy really hasn’t accomplished a ton for having been there for 15 years. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/17/2024 at 7:12 PM, RebelRobert said:

You guys obviously aren't familiar with Jerry Cherry, but you soon will be.

He’s going to be a good player for us next year.  I’ve been saying that for a while, and I’m glad to see you on board as well. 😊

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/18/2024 at 1:04 PM, RebelTexan said:

 

Its clear that Cherry has talent. But he has no experience at D1.

And I'm a big fan of jucos. We should sign a juco sg if they are the best option.

But will Bear come in and be clearly better than Kalib in year one?

That was my point. He could be, but it's not automatic that he's going to come in and be better than a guy who played p5 3 years before UNLV.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/19/2024 at 9:55 AM, qwelish said:

Its clear that Cherry has talent. But he has no experience at D1.

And I'm a big fan of jucos. We should sign a juco sg if they are the best option.

freestar

But will Bear come in and be clearly better than Kalib in year one?

That was my point. He could be, but it's not automatic that he's going to come in and be better than a guy who played p5 3 years before UNLV.

I expect him to play about 20 MPG and give us physicality inside.  Basically a bigger version of Robert Whaley Jr.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/23/2024 at 2:09 PM, mundyc3 said:

 

Really wanted him last go around. Didn't do great at Butler but should develop. 

 

Seems like a lot of project players.

Would love to see someone with a high ppg avg at any level added.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/23/2024 at 7:39 PM, qwelish said:

Seems like a lot of project players.

Would love to see someone with a high ppg avg at any level added.

I agree but he is a more dynamic player and much better shooter than stats suggest. He was on the Big East all-freshman team for a reason. 

In the below game, he scored 19 points against #4 Marquette. 

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/boxscore/_/gameId/401599528

As much as I want to get established scorers, I find it hard to not give him a look. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/23/2024 at 11:32 PM, mundyc3 said:

I agree but he is a more dynamic player and much better shooter than stats suggest. He was on the Big East all-freshman team for a reason. 

In the below game, he scored 19 points against #4 Marquette. 

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/boxscore/_/gameId/401599528

As much as I want to get established scorers, I find it hard to not give him a look. 

Looking at his stats he also went 2-20 on 3pt attempts in combined games from mid-December to the end of January although he put up better numbers in February, but he’s definitely a project player. Would much rather see us make a concerted push on a proven SG like Shulga but perhaps Bisjack is the best we can do at this point.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We are in bizness. 
 

I think Bizjack is a good pickup, we need scoring next to DJ. 
 

Interesting that we’re picking up BigEast players now and not Big12 anymore. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...