Nevada Convert

The Empty Adderall Factory: 600 Million Missing Doses

On 2/19/2024 at 3:07 PM, Stealthlobo said:

Interesting stuff. Didn't know about the manufacturer warehouse shortage. But a lot that is true. I've denied 3 stimulant Rxs just today due to only telehealth patient-provider relationships.

I didn’t think it was even legal for telehealth to prescribe controlled substances. 

kat.jpg

On 2/19/2024 at 5:33 PM, Nevada Convert said:

I didn’t think it was even legal for telehealth to prescribe controlled substances. 

Exceptions were made during the pandemic due to patients not going to see their providers physically, but it got crazy abused like the article mentions. 

Now a days it's okay to see your provider through telehealth for therapy, but in order to have a proper patient-provider relationships the MD needs to be able to perform their physical assessment of you every so often.

• Like 1

Just looked it up, apparently not at least until the end of 2024. Very surprising. 

When it comes to pain killers, I’m very libertarian. There is no opioid crisis when it comes to pain killers, especially those with that have 325mg of Tylenol in them. You’ll be in the ER with Tylenol toxicity before you overdose on them. The opioids that are causing the crisis is Fentanyl and Heroin. Prescription pain killer deaths have remained pretty much flat. 

The reason I’m libertarian on it is because cracking down on bogus pain killer scripts always has an affect of scaring good docs into under-prescribing to those that really need it, especially cancer patients. I would rather let a lot of people die of overdose stupidity than make one person suffer because of being under prescribed or not subscribed at all. 

kat.jpg

I was going to say, Donnie probably bought them all up.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 2/20/2024 at 10:58 AM, bsu_alum9 said:

Fine. I’ll go the eastern Europe route for my stimulants and narcolepsy medication. 

Or you can establish a proper patient-provider-pharmacy relationship. :shrug:

I'm not putting my license on the line and potentially shorting my established patients (who I have a repertoire with) their medication due to the shortage because of a random customer who randomly saw a telehealth nurse practitioner one time.

Either way, no concern to me if you wanna go in the "eastern European" route. As long as I'm not involved.

• Like 1

On 2/20/2024 at 10:25 AM, Stealthlobo said:

Or you can establish a proper patient-provider-pharmacy relationship. :shrug:

I'm not putting my license on the line and potentially shorting my established patients (who I have a repertoire with) their medication due to the shortage because of a random customer who randomly saw a telehealth nurse practitioner one time.

Either way, no concern to me if you wanna go in the "eastern European" route. As long as I'm not involved.

I was just joking. I recently read a book where the author went on a chapter-long tangent about Modafinil and how great it is as a mind enhancer and how 90% of the prescriptions for it are off label and many more than that manufactured and sold in countries way exceeding the population’s need (obviously resold to the West). And the manufacturer turns a blind eye because they are selling product.

Anyway, the book was pretty rambling and not very logical and was supposed to be philosophical but actually more like the author was on a 3-day Modafinil during most of the writing.

On 2/20/2024 at 11:38 AM, bsu_alum9 said:

I was just joking. I recently read a book where the author went on a chapter-long tangent about Modafinil and how great it is as a mind enhancer and how 90% of the prescriptions for it are off label and many more than that manufactured and sold in countries way exceeding the population’s need (obviously resold to the West). And the manufacturer turns a blind eye because they are selling product.

Anyway, the book was pretty rambling and not very logical and was supposed to be philosophical but actually more like the author was on a 3-day Modafinil during most of the writing.

Oh my bad. You can tell I'm kinda sensitive and frustrated with the situation. I get so many entitled patients a day who I've never seen, never came to us before demanding their stimulants. It gets tiring sometimes.

On 2/20/2024 at 1:46 PM, Stealthlobo said:

Oh my bad. You can tell I'm kinda sensitive and frustrated with the situation. I get some many entitled patients a day who I've never seen, never came to us before demanding their stimulants. It gets tiring sometimes.

medical grade starbucks

• Like 2

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard.