sdsuphilip4

Lets try to rank em again!

On 2/12/2024 at 12:06 PM, UNLV2001 said:

As of this posting, Lunardi at ESPN Bracketology has FIVE MWC teams in the NCAAT

CSU 6 Seed

BSU 9 Seed as Automatic Qualifier 

SDSU 5 Seed

USU 7 Seed

UNM 9 Seed 

The odd thing about the above prognostication is...........if BSU is the AQ from the MWC, that means they probably beat some of the other MWC NCAA teams, so why is BSU a NINE SEED & SDSU a FIVE SEED.........also there's a decent chance SDSU could finish 3rd to 6th in the MWC depending on the outcome of the rest of the season ...........but the way the MWC is going, there's potentially SIX teams could be 1st to 6th in the MWC ?!?!

Brace yourselves, gird your loins & secure your DEPENDS* for what might be a wild ride the rest of the MWC schedule 

*No compensation was provided to UNLV2001 or the MWC Board ownership for the product placement in the above post 

Because it's Lunardi and he rarely gets any of it right until the dance is over.

• Haha 1

On 2/12/2024 at 11:06 AM, UNLV2001 said:

As of this posting, Lunardi at ESPN Bracketology has FIVE MWC teams in the NCAAT

CSU 6 Seed

SDSU 5 Seed

USU 7 Seed

UNM 9 Seed 

The odd thing about the above prognostication is...........if BSU is the AQ from the MWC, that means they probably beat some of the other MWC NCAA teams, so why is BSU a NINE SEED & SDSU a FIVE SEED.........also there's a decent chance SDSU could finish 3rd to 6th in the MWC depending on the outcome of the rest of the season ...........but the way the MWC is going, there's potentially SIX teams could be 1st to 6th in the MWC ?!?!

Brace yourselves, gird your loins & secure your DEPENDS* for what might be a wild ride the rest of the MWC schedule 

*No compensation was provided to UNLV2001 or the MWC Board ownership for the product placement in the above post 

Lunardi is usually pretty bad, so how he keeps his job is a mystery. 

kat.jpg

The conference is tough. I originally thought 3-4 loss teams would win a of the share the conference regular season. I'm changing to 5-6 could get you a piece of the title. As a usu fan I'd be tickled pink to go 2-1 over the next 3. 0-3 or 1-2 are definitely possible. Wyoming is playing great at home. CSU is playing great and have the best take over player in the MWC in my opinion. SDSU plays a real tough physical style that bothers USU. I feel lucky we aren't playing UNLV or Nevada a 2nd game. The last game of the season is going to be hard with NM. Man the last few weeks are going to be crazy. Fun to have so many good teams. I hope we get rewarded. I'm worried as we beat up on each other we drop some teams from consideration though.

On 2/12/2024 at 12:06 PM, UNLV2001 said:

CSU 6 Seed

SDSU 5 Seed

USU 7 Seed

UNM 9 Seed 

Because Boise sucked OOC 

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 2/13/2024 at 1:09 PM, toonkee said:

What team would you most not want to play right now?

Rebels are on a hot streak right now winning 4 straight including a road win in the Pit. Rebels have shown they can play with, beat and compete against the top teams in the MW. Rebels lost to both USU and CSU by a combined total of 4 pts. Win those 2 games and The Rebels are 8-2 and sitting alone in 1st place. So I’d say the Rebels are the team nobody wants to play right now or meet in the MWCT.

• Cheers 1

On 2/14/2024 at 5:47 AM, Gator 82 said:

Rebels are on a hot streak right now winning 4 straight including a road win in the Pit. Rebels have shown they can play with, beat and compete against the top teams in the MW. Rebels lost to both USU and CSU by a combined total of 4 pts. Win those 2 games and The Rebels are 8-2 and sitting alone in 1st place. So I’d say the Rebels are the team nobody wants to play right now or meet in the MWCT.

Agreed. Typical Rebels- high ceiling, low floor. The tourney being at home always adds an extra interesting element. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

On 2/14/2024 at 1:11 PM, Someone Else said:

To me, it's a toss up between UNLV & UNM.

I'm a UNM fan and I'd say UNLV. UNM has been pretty consistently good. When they've lost, it's because teams have been better than them that night. Rebels have top 3 talent in the conference and got skull dragged at home by AF and Southern. They also destroyed a really good Creighton team, swept UNM, were robbed @USU and beat Boise on the road. They are easily the most schizophrenic team in MWC history. 

• Like 1

On 2/14/2024 at 4:47 AM, Gator 82 said:

Well, until UNLV changes the trajectory against them, Aztecs are more than happy to play the Rebels. (Except when Aztecs are 26-0 and hanging conf championship banners pre-game) 😬

On 2/14/2024 at 1:06 PM, MissionTrails said:

Well, until UNLV changes the trajectory against them, Aztecs are more than happy to play the Rebels. (Except when Aztecs are 26-0 and hanging conf championship banners pre-game) 😬

Aidy Bryant Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

On 2/13/2024 at 11:00 PM, Spaztecs said:

Because Boise sucked OOC 

Would love to see how any other team in the MWC would have done with that east coast trip of 10+ days. 

Good news is, Boise beat St Mary's.   How'd you guys do again?  Right, 25 point blowout loss.   We sure suck.

• Super-Mega Idiot 1

On 2/14/2024 at 1:54 PM, roughrider said:

Would love to see how any other team in the MWC would have done with that east coast trip of 10+ days. 

Good news is, Boise beat St Mary's.   How'd you guys do again?  Right, 25 point blowout loss.   We sure suck.

You might want to check that again. SDSU beat St. Mary's 79-54. That looks more to me like a 25 point blowout WIN. 😜

• Haha 1