Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheTedfordTrain

Brent Brennan

On 1/17/2024 at 5:57 PM, crixus said:

I've been banned from that homer board for over a decade now. They don't like it if you speak the truth. No loss, this board is much better anyway.

Thats impressive.

i lurk over there every once in awhile to see the delusional posts by some of our fans and get a good laugh. I found it mind boggling and also comical that a lot of the homers believed Brennan wasn’t leaving. 

On 1/17/2024 at 4:04 PM, Beaver-Poke said:

Does UNLV own Sam Boyd Stadium? Does UNLV own Allegient Stadium? 

We can feed our players breakfast and have enough money left over to water our grass. 

On 1/17/2024 at 7:37 PM, Rosegreen said:

We can feed our players breakfast and have enough money left over to water our grass. 

You don't own any grass.  But, that's a trivial point.  Carry on.

On 1/17/2024 at 5:52 PM, babigos said:

Doesn’t the Las Vegas Stadium Authority own Allegiant Stadiun and UNLV and the Raiders lease it? This article implies that.

https://thenevadaindependent.com/article/executive-financing-of-allegiant-stadium-not-threatened-by-raiders-upheaval#

Reading the Wiki links I posted. Yes LVSA owns Allegiant and Raiders and UNLV lease it. UNLV gets paid to not play in the SBS for a number of years, I forget how many but someone here knows. I love Allegiant. What a spectacular venue.

Sooner or later UNLV will probably sell SBS or repurpose it. The area around it has been developed now so the property value just keeps going up. 

On 1/17/2024 at 5:56 PM, babigos said:

The real star was Alonso Carter. He was the one recruiting above our weight class. Hope they can figure away to keep him around. Old Clappy hands was a horrible game manager. 

I lurked your homer board, and they’re completely trashing Carter. Surprising considering the guy has given 7 years to SJSU and has done a lot of good. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

On 1/17/2024 at 7:34 PM, TheTedfordTrain said:

I lurked your homer board, and they’re completely trashing Carter. Surprising considering the guy has given 7 years to SJSU and has done a lot of good. 

Lots of delusional idiots over there. Creepy is their leader.

On 1/17/2024 at 6:10 PM, babigos said:

Thats impressive.

i lurk over there every once in awhile to see the delusional posts by some of our fans and get a good laugh. I found it mind boggling and also comical that a lot of the homers believed Brennan wasn’t leaving. 

Oh Babs knew all along....hey, got any jokes you little serious angry guy?! Never been easier to see a terrible personality through a message board. Babs never been invited anywhere, ever.  

On 1/17/2024 at 6:37 PM, Rosegreen said:

You're instilling weakness. That's why we beat you.

Alan Tudyk Dancing GIF by DOOM PATROL

On 1/17/2024 at 8:12 PM, creeper86 said:

No way on Carter.....only reason Babs likes him is cuz he's only 4 inches shorter than him...dudes a shrimp. 

See, this dude is the king of idiots 

On 1/17/2024 at 6:10 PM, babigos said:

. I found it mind boggling and also comical that a lot of the homers believed Brennan wasn’t leaving. 

Well I didn't think that he was leaving.  Not because of loyalty or anything like that.  But just because I couldn't imagine Arizona offering the job to a G5 coach with a pretty mediocre resume.  I guess that his Arizona background really helped him, along with the fact that he's a pretty likeable guy.  Plus I hear that AZ is in some financial difficulties, so he is probably cheaper than some of the more well know P4 coaches that might be available.    

Anyways, I wish him the best, and thank him for all that he did for SJSU.  I'm also hopeful that we will bring in a better X's & O's coach.  This could end up being addition by subtraction.  

On 1/17/2024 at 11:28 PM, SpartanDude said:

Well I didn't think that he was leaving.  Not because of loyalty or anything like that.  But just because I couldn't imagine Arizona offering the job to a G5 coach with a pretty mediocre resume.  I guess that his Arizona background really helped him, along with the fact that he's a pretty likeable guy.  Plus I hear that AZ is in some financial difficulties, so he is probably cheaper than some of the more well know P4 coaches that might be available.    

Anyways, I wish him the best, and thank him for all that he did for SJSU.  I'm also hopeful that we will bring in a better X's & O's coach.  This could end up being addition by subtraction.  

I can respect that take. Not sure some over there thought that though. Brennan is a pretty likable guy on the surface, so it’s not surprising he nailed the interview. He was the runner up last time around. I never loved him as a coach though. He benefited off of the good recruiting and some solid assistants. 

As far as coaches - we need to somehow keep Alonso Carter. Dude can flat out recruit and has a great reputation in California as a recruiter. Not sure he’s head coach material, but we need to get this man paid so he sticks around. 

On 1/17/2024 at 11:35 PM, babigos said:

I can respect that take. Not sure some over there thought that though. Brennan is a pretty likable guy on this surface, so it’s not surprising he nailed the interview. He was the runner up last time around. I never loved him as a coach though. He benefited off of the good recruiting and some solid assistants. 

As far as coaches - we need to someone keep Alonso Carter. Dude can flat out recruit and has a great reputation in California as a recruiter. Not sure he’s head coach material, but we need to get this man paid so he sticks around. 

Thanks, and I agree on coach Carter, on both counts. 

On 1/17/2024 at 2:56 PM, babigos said:

It honestly discredited the Mercury News as a legitimate “news” source by adding him on there as a candidate. Why, because he showed up at a couple of practices to see his buddy at work?

Okay Señor Hyperbole.  Way to ignore context.   Shaw appeared in their “Long Shot” section.

On 1/18/2024 at 12:37 AM, King Spartan said:

You're instilling weakness. That's why we beat you.

No more Brennan, Cordeiro, Kairie, Secondary and O-Line diminished from Graduation. Hope there isn't too much of an exodus in the portal!

you guys are doneee back to 2017 form unless your admin is half smart and hires Marion or someone big

Marion has got the talent to be a HC, I think the reason he got passed up by SDSU was he doesn't have the connections yet to build a strong staff and be 'the man' yet---he would be a great cheaper option than ponying up $3 mill for someone proven

id be gutted if Marion left UNLV at this point btw

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

On 1/18/2024 at 6:31 AM, ---I GREEN INFECTION I--- said:

Oh ya…height is so important in coaching.

It was a key factor for Napoleon at Waterloo.

Alan Tudyk Dancing GIF by DOOM PATROL