TheTedfordTrain

Group Of Five Fan Bases

I know Fresno's hoop loss against UCSB the other night looked packed with close to 1500 or so. What was announced, probably like 7500 or so?
But, I'm proud of you, Lil Re-treadford train, this is what I meant in the other thread, be the leader, ring wearing fan you are and uplift your Fresno fanbase during this very ugly time of losing football games, and hoop games, and no fundraising despite such an incredible award that's been bestowed upon the little red wave that you point out. Very good timing for you guys. Hang in there and make us proud!

On 11/29/2023 at 12:33 PM, TheTedfordTrain said:

IMG_2477.jpeg

https://www.d1ticker.com/2023-fbs-attendance-trends/

Fun fact according to the data Montana would be next on the list in the G5 rankings:

#11. Montana: 26,269 

#12. James Madison: 25,372

#13. Tulane: 25,021

#14. San Diego State (don't believe this): 24,832

#15. UConn: 24,659

• Like 1

On 11/29/2023 at 2:33 PM, Iam4wyo said:

I call bullshite on all attendance data.  I mean, really, how about counting actual butts in seats for fuxs sake.  Looking at you in particular CSewe.  

Cuz schools don't give a shit if you buy a ticket and don't show up.

• Like 1

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

So proud of the Boise fan base this year.  100% capacity and staying full late into the 4th quarter.  Stadium loud and more raucous than it has ever been.  It seems like the fan base has taken all this shit personally.  Proving that the Big 12 added .500 G5 trash and NOT the best program available, @RSF

• Haha 1

On 11/29/2023 at 4:05 PM, Iam4wyo said:

If that.  And they all know it.  Attendance data is all BS.

I'd say the CSU attendance numbers are pretty close.  We generally take a while to get into the stadium so it tends to look pretty empty at the start, but early in the season we fill it up very well (and remember that we seat a ton of people upstairs at Canvas).  Later in the season attendance really is an issue because of weather and fans have given up on us being worth a shit by then.  For some reason, even if we're ahead, there's a massive bailout in the second half of folks trying to beat the traffic back to Denver.  The primary view shown is the east side.  That's all students on the lower level and most of the upper level are either single game seats, or season tickets an opposing fan buys and goes to their game and try's to sell the rest on the market.  I know that CSU doesn't do a lot of giveaways.  The students get 10,000 which helps a lot, but that is a fee that they pay to make those available.  Game 1 they pack in there.  Thanksgiving week we're lucky if 800 show up.  They do probably still count all 10K though.

We do have some attendance issues, but nothing like poke fan try's to pretend.

• Like 1

On 11/29/2023 at 3:52 PM, Bob said:

CSU top 10? lmao. Anyone with eyeballs can see their stadium is 1/4 full every game

Yep. Same with South Florida.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

On 11/29/2023 at 6:18 PM, Bob said:

I’ve got eyeballs. The stadium is far from full. Ever. Like 1/3 full. It’s SDSU -level lying

You've either got broken eyeballs, or you're full of shit.  1/3 full?  LMAO.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/29/2023 at 6:14 PM, Headbutt said:

I'd say the CSU attendance numbers are pretty close.  We generally take a while to get into the stadium so it tends to look pretty empty at the start, but early in the season we fill it up very well (and remember that we seat a ton of people upstairs at Canvas).  Later in the season attendance really is an issue because of weather and fans have given up on us being worth a shit by then.  For some reason, even if we're ahead, there's a massive bailout in the second half of folks trying to beat the traffic back to Denver.  The primary view shown is the east side.  That's all students on the lower level and most of the upper level are either single game seats, or season tickets an opposing fan buys and goes to their game and try's to sell the rest on the market.  I know that CSU doesn't do a lot of giveaways.  The students get 10,000 which helps a lot, but that is a fee that they pay to make those available.  Game 1 they pack in there.  Thanksgiving week we're lucky if 800 show up.  They do probably still count all 10K though.

We do have some attendance issues, but nothing like poke fan try's to pretend.

Stadium always looks less then half full in the dozens of times I have switched over to CSU games....

• Like 1

On 11/29/2023 at 6:36 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Stadium always looks less then half full in the dozens of times I have switched over to CSU games....

Got it.  I go there.  Like I said.  Jam packed game 1 and homecoming.  Declines from there.  Last game of the year, if the weather is freaking gorgeous we are definitely less than half full.  Much less.  Last word from the AD, we use "tickets scanned".  I wouldn't be shocked if he fudges in some sold and unused tickets.  Especially in the three premium seating areas.  I still think the number is pretty close.

I'd love to see us fill it up every game of course, but folks ain't making that drive if they're pretty sure they'll be disappointed.  Can't wait until I25 is finished and we put a decent product on the field.  It's about 2.5 hours from Casper to Laramie (in good weather) for about 150 miles.  South Denver is only about 75 miles and it's easily a 2 hour+ drive to The Fort on game day.  The Front Range ain't pretty.

• Like 2

On 11/29/2023 at 6:53 PM, Bob said:

Ok, maybe 1/2 to start out sometimes??

Never more than 1/2 full at kickoff.  Never.  CSU puts a lot of effort to get all the tailgates moving to the stadium in time for kickoff but none of it works.  A core of students are always 30-45 minutes early.  The rest start heading in the gate at kickoff.

• Like 1

On 11/29/2023 at 7:19 PM, BSUTOP25 said:

Yep. Same with South Florida.

USF had a home game with Alabama so the Tide fans packed the Ray Jay skewing their numbers.

Memphis got kicked in the nads when Mizzou told us they were backing out of their home game against us this season so we could either take the 300k payday to cancel or agree to move it to St Louis as a neutral site with Mizzou paying for our travel. Memphis would have featured home games with Missouri, Boise State, Tulane, and SMU. That Mizzou game would have brought out 50k to the Liberty Bowl.

c'est la vie

• Like 1

mem skyline sig.jpeg