utgrizfan

Updated MWC Bowl Projections/**Selection Show**

On 11/26/2023 at 2:32 PM, UofMTigers said:

assuming everything pans out and the SEC can't fill the Liberty Bowl along with Tulane winning the AAC:

Tulane - Access Bowl
SMU - Fenway
UTSA - Military
Memphis - Liberty
USF - Cure 
Rice - Frisco

that would be perfect IMHO.

I think WVU will be going to the Liberty Bowl and so do many of the prognosticators in the article below. If so it will be their fourth trip to Memphis. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/bowl-projections-for-west-virginia-week-13/ar-AA1kqqVj

• Cheers 1

On 11/26/2023 at 7:35 PM, An Admirer from the East said:

OK you can stay :) I went to the BSU @ Memphis game in Sept....I sat in the shade, midfield,  deep in the MSU section and everyone was extremely nice....and told us where not to go downtown lol

hopefully we keep the series going and you get to see it after the 220 million dollar renovation. hell, lets do a hoops series...y'all need to visit FedExForum and we need to visit ExtraMile.

• Like 1

mem skyline sig.jpeg

On 11/26/2023 at 2:05 PM, Coog kev said:

Depending on the source, it kinda goes in several different directions.  Let's go with Palm outta CBS Sports first.  He is semi-reliable.  

In MWC date order earlier to later:

• New Mexico Bowl in the ABQ:  Boise v. New Mexico State...definite popcorn bag watchable and enjoyable. NMSU gets it.

• LA Bowl:  UNLY and UCLA...popcorn and candy.. Yum.  UCLA, but not easy peasy.

• Potato Bowl:  MAC v. Wyoming...Wyoming.

• Hawai'i Bowl:  Utah State v. Old Dominion.  Utah State.

• First Responder:  Fly v. Appalachia.  abstain.

• Arizona Bowl:  Fresno v. Miami of Ohio.  MAC win.  

• oops, Birmingham Bowl too...San Jose v. Georgia State.  Spartans, easy.  

Semi-reliable is right. Jerry Palm has been wrong a lot of the times that I've checked his picks over the years. If SJSU goes to Birmingham, I will too. I went there for a concert many years ago and it's a pretty cool city. Lot's of great places to eat and the people were friendly. I don't think it will be easy, but we are 1-0 against Georgia State (beat them 27-16 in the 2015 Cure Bowl).

On 11/26/2023 at 8:24 PM, crixus said:

Semi-reliable is right. Jerry Palm has been wrong a lot of the times that I've checked his picks over the years. If SJSU goes to Birmingham, I will too. I went there for a concert many years ago and it's a pretty cool city. Lot's of great places to eat and the people were friendly. 

it's SO much better now that Lesion, err, Legion Field was abandoned for Protective Stadium which is connected to Uptown (bars, food, gift shops) along with the Westin/Sheraton. (and their 1100 on site rooms)

_about-us_stadium_media-link.png?v=1&d=2

DSC_1364-scaled.jpg

• Like 1

mem skyline sig.jpeg

On 11/26/2023 at 5:35 PM, UofMTigers said:

years ago I came by for a visit and never left. I like it here...good folks.

I don't troll for the AAC, hell I want CUSA 1.0 back...at least Memphis, UL, Cincy, and Houston were all together.

He can troll for whoever the f he wants as long as he does it well... 🍻

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

Figured instead of making a new thread, just gonna resurrect and update this one. Pretty sure the bowl games are selected today and as of now the only Bowl Game known for sure:

Dec. 23rd 

EasyPost Hawai'i Bowl

Coastal Carolina vs. San Jose State

10:30 p.m. ET

On 12/3/2023 at 12:55 PM, Spot50B said:

That is horseshit.  Really, really bad call.  Liberty had the worst SOS in the entire country heading into this last week.  SMU is much, much better.

It weirdly seems they awarded Liberty for their undefeated season yet didn't do the same for FSU.

• Like 2

On 12/3/2023 at 12:56 PM, utgrizfan said:

It weirdly seems they awarded Liberty for their undefeated season yet didn't do the same for FSU.

Exactly.  Makes absolutely no sense.  This was a much bigger carriage of injustice than FSU- Alabama.  At least in that case you could argue that the better team got in.

On 12/3/2023 at 12:56 PM, utgrizfan said:

Agree. No consistency whatsoever. Oregon is going to roll—Fiesta Bowl execs cannot be happy with the pick…even a Boise State selection would have been a more interesting pick on a national level and a more competitive game (not that I was holding my breath for it).

• Like 1

On 12/3/2023 at 1:02 PM, NeighSayer said:

Agree. No consistency whatsoever. Oregon is going to roll—Fiesta Bowl execs cannot be happy with the pick…even a Boise State selection would have been a more interesting pick on a national level and a more competitive game (not that I was holding my breath for it).

The only positive for Liberty is that a good chance none of Oregons star players will be playing, might make it a 21 point loss instead of a 42. Granted i'm still going to root for the G5 school

• Like 1

If not Liberty it would have been Smoo, and frankly, they didn't set the world on fire either. Clocked by OU and TCU, then won out over an American Conference schedule that isn't anymore impressive than CUSA. 

In any event, irregardless of the G5 rep, Oregon's winning that game, even with a backup QB.

• Like 2