Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

utgrizfan

Updated MWC Bowl Projections/**Selection Show**

With some unexpected wins and losses to finish off the last week of the regular season here are the current updated Bowl Projections from CBS:

**Fun Notes: Both JMU and Jacksonville State are going Bowling due to lack of 6 win teams. If Tulane loses to SMU, Liberty is mentioned as potentially taking their place in the NY6 Bowl. Also 12/14 Sun Belt teams are going Bowling**

New Mexico Bowl: Boise State vs NMSU

LA Bowl: UNLV vs UCLA

Birmingham Bowl: Ga-State vs SJSU

Potato Bowl: Bowling Green vs Wyoming

Hawaii Bowl: USU vs Old Dominion 

First Responder Bowl: Air Force vs App State

Arizona Bowl: Fresno vs M-Ohio 

Depending on the result of the MWC Championship game it could very well be Boise vs UCLA in the LA Bowl and UNLV taking on NMSU, either scenario both should be good games. Overall more than half of the MWC went Bowling so from an outside perspective that seems to be a good thing for the Conference, now just win!

FS should not go to a bowl game this year. Something is broken and it would be a bad look…best to sit it out and focus on fixing the damaged pieces.

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

On 11/26/2023 at 12:30 PM, utgrizfan said:

Not too familiar of how Bowls work but couldn't yall request the Conference to go to a different Bowl game? 

Typically, no. You could request it but the bowls get to pick teams for the most part and the conference tries to help make the matchups as good as possible for the schools and conferences.  

On 11/26/2023 at 2:20 PM, wyo 1 said:

No more potatoes please.

The brown and yellow colors of the Potato Bowl are perfect for an annual Wyoming selection.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

Depending on the source, it kinda goes in several different directions.  Let's go with Palm outta CBS Sports first.  He is semi-reliable.  

In MWC date order earlier to later:

• New Mexico Bowl in the ABQ:  Boise v. New Mexico State...definite popcorn bag watchable and enjoyable. NMSU gets it.

• LA Bowl:  UNLY and UCLA...popcorn and candy.. Yum.  UCLA, but not easy peasy.

• Potato Bowl:  MAC v. Wyoming...Wyoming.

• Hawai'i Bowl:  Utah State v. Old Dominion.  Utah State.

• First Responder:  Fly v. Appalachia.  abstain.

• Arizona Bowl:  Fresno v. Miami of Ohio.  MAC win.  

• oops, Birmingham Bowl too...San Jose v. Georgia State.  Spartans, easy.  

150px-Coat_of_arms_of_the_University_of_Houston_System.png

Shoot, my bad.  I posted the same thing re Jerry Palm.  However, there are different sources with some more spicier things.  After CCG weekend everything will be revealed and we all go from there.   Apologies for double posting the same topic.  My bad. 

assuming everything pans out and the SEC can't fill the Liberty Bowl along with Tulane winning the AAC:

Tulane - Access Bowl
SMU - Fenway
UTSA - Military
Memphis - Liberty
USF - Cure 
Rice - Frisco

that would be perfect IMHO.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

The good news is that both FCS transitioning squads 2nd year James Madison and Jacksonville State get to go bowling.  They both deserve to do so.  Especially James Madison.  Minnesota pulled off a Rice of last year with very high academic cred rating.  Fortunately, Rice made it on their own this year in the AAC with a 6-6 split.  

p.s. Texas-based Sam Houston is also transitioning from FCS to FBS but they be like 3-9 or so.  

On 11/26/2023 at 3:32 PM, UofMTigers said:

assuming everything pans out and the SEC can't fill the Liberty Bowl along with Tulane winning the AAC:

Tulane - Access Bowl
SMU - Fenway
UTSA - Military
Memphis - Liberty
USF - Cure 
Rice - Frisco

Off topic.

On 11/26/2023 at 5:32 PM, UofMTigers said:

Tulane - Access Bowl
SMU - Fenway
UTSA - Military
Memphis - Liberty
USF - Cure 
Rice - Frisco

why do you troll here for the AAC?

On 11/26/2023 at 6:28 PM, An Admirer from the East said:

why do you troll here for the AAC?

years ago I came by for a visit and never left. I like it here...good folks.

I don't troll for the AAC, hell I want CUSA 1.0 back...at least Memphis, UL, Cincy, and Houston were all together.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

On 11/26/2023 at 7:35 PM, UofMTigers said:

years ago I came by for a visit and never left. I like it here...good folks.

I don't troll for the AAC, hell I want CUSA 1.0 back...at least Memphis, UL, Cincy, and Houston were all together.

OK you can stay :) I went to the BSU @ Memphis game in Sept....I sat in the shade, midfield,  deep in the MSU section and everyone was extremely nice....and told us where not to go downtown lol