East Coast Aztec

MWC Basketball Thanksgiving Week Games Thread

On 11/23/2023 at 4:25 PM, The Brent Vigen Diet said:

I thought the BC game was good but taking it to Creighton like that on a neutral floor….for one small moment it does not suck to be a CSU Ram!

Oh man!  You're gonna' smoke a turd in purgatory for that comment you know?

• Haha 1

On 11/22/2023 at 12:06 PM, utenation said:

BC Is reeling them a bit. Lots of time left

On 11/23/2023 at 7:57 AM, ---I GREEN INFECTION I--- said:

This didn’t age well...

On 11/23/2023 at 11:40 AM, utenation said:

At the time I posted it, it was a 4 point game.  And there was plenty of time left. 

I’m happy CSU won. I cheer for any Western team over the East all day and twice on Sunday.   

But with you being a caveman and such, I probably can’t expect you to understand simple posts. 

IMG_2700.gif

I understood your “simple” OP alright.  Apparently you didn’t comprehend my slight more abstract post.  All are above for everyones reading pleasure.

QUESTION for the GROUP:  I don’t spend much time on the Conf Realignment Thread, thus I don’t know @utenation very well.  Is he one of those guys who is never wrong?

On 11/23/2023 at 6:57 PM, UofMTigers said:

turkey, beer, family and Memphis beating Arkansas/Muss in Atlantis makes for a great holiday for me and the team :-)

Great stuff.  I hope Muss didn't throw too much of a temper tantrum.

On 11/23/2023 at 9:38 PM, jdgaucho said:

Great stuff.  I hope Muss didn't throw too much of a temper tantrum.

he did...

Memphis reporter asks if the Memphis v Arkansas rivalry will return

'I don't make the schedules'

Then who does the ball boy? I know both Penny and Cal did all of the scheduling here.

• Like 1

mem skyline sig.jpeg

On 11/24/2023 at 7:27 PM, roughrider said:

Broncos beat VCU tonight 65-61   (you're welcome USU)

Still not very impressed with this Boise team but think they have potential. Don’t look as good as last 2 years’ teams and I don’t see any depth. Really need to figure out the rotation (less Max) but competition too tough to test much out.

Play Butler (kenpom #67) on Sunday at 4 eastern.

Memphis lost to Nova in the Atlantis finals. I took a nap after the football game (football Tigers finish 9-3!) and when I turned the hoops game on we're down 22-53. over the next few mins we cut their lead to 56-69. still lost but I was really impressed how the team didn't quit and made a game of it.

we still have Virginia, Texas AM, Clemson, Ole Miss, Vandy, and VCU to play so we have plenty of chances to impress.

• Like 1

mem skyline sig.jpeg

On 11/24/2023 at 10:31 PM, bsu_alum9 said:

Still not very impressed with this Boise team but think they have potential. Don’t look as good as last 2 years’ teams and I don’t see any depth. Really need to figure out the rotation (less Max) but competition too tough to test much out.

Broncos are never any good in November unless at least 4 starters return.  Leon has 3 starters return but is moving one back to his normal spot so 3 changes;  2 transfers.   He is such a lineup tinkerer.  It takes him several weeks to figure out who works best with who and these past 3 games on the road against good teams he's really been at it.  Hope he's figuring it out.

I expected more early on but they are showing signs.

On 11/24/2023 at 10:31 PM, bsu_alum9 said:

Honestly, we are way ahead of how we've looked in early OOC during the previous two years...and both those seasons turned out pretty decent. We already have 2 top-100 wins in Pom and the two losses are to top-50 Pom teams. If we can find a way to beat Butler, I think we are in fantastic shape moving forward.

On 11/26/2023 at 12:47 PM, ltcpilot said:

Good road win. AF (6-2) 58-57 over South Dakota (now 4-2) with Rytis Petritis first game back 18 pts in limited 22mins. Think about it....52% FT only 10-18...??? Shouldn't have been this close. 

GO FALCONS Screenshot_20231126_134444_X.jpg.e01a05a58cfa4a12bbab88134e199b0b.jpg

that's a funny pic...no wonder he can get to the hoop, with the ref holding 12's shorts