Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

teappotts

Hoke Retiring?

On 11/13/2023 at 8:14 PM, bitteraztec said:

Nice job Wicker.

Feels like just yesterday an Aztec fan laughed at my hope for it happening the day after the season.  @Spaztecs

Because of the buyout amount.

I felt we were stuck with him for one more season. Needless to say, I am pleased JD had the stones to pull the plug.

Niw, if he can only make a quality hire.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 11/13/2023 at 8:56 PM, Spaztecs said:

Because of the buyout amount.

I felt we were stuck with him for one more season. Needless to say, I am pleased JD had the stones to pull the plug.

Niw, if he can only make a quality hire.

I have confidence this will be a strong hire.

On 11/14/2023 at 9:03 AM, utgrizfan said:

I see Kingsbury being the top choice as it's a "splashy" attention grabbing pick and brings a high powered entertaining offense. 

99.999975% of San Diegans have never heard of the man. It will take years to rebuild the program. A single coaching hire may help stop the bleeding  but that's about it.  Folks not living here have no idea how much negativity surrounds the program. 

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

On 11/14/2023 at 8:28 AM, Jack Bauer said:

Nah, he's not. He's a douchebag and always has been. He can go fvck himself, dress shorts.

Dude, just STFU. That is a straight up Honor Code violation. Brady Hoke is one of the most genuinely nicest human beings you could ever meet. He’s a hell of a lot nicer that you. That is for sure. 

kat.jpg

On 11/13/2023 at 9:36 AM, utenation said:

I think SDSU is a good West Coast job. This is an 8-10 win yearly job with gravy recruits in their back yard. They need to start filling that stadium too. A good coach won't accept mediocre-bad attendance if he puts a good product on the field. 

The fans are not accepting of the ticket prices coupled with a mediocre on field product. The other part was a version of tve seat guarantee which for some made ticket prices to be over $500/game.  The PAC 12 debacle did not help either. If The product improves the people will come. They lost 33% of their season ticket base from 2022-2023. The onfield product was poor this year. Sure they made some games look close but the scores were not reflective of the reality. However, as an alumnus I am disgusted by the attendance. I used to get ticked when they had only 35,000 at the old stadium when they should have been having 50,000 plus. 

On 11/14/2023 at 11:41 AM, Nevada Convert said:

Dude, just STFU. That is a straight up Honor Code violation. Brady Hoke is one of the most genuinely nicest human beings you could ever meet. He’s a hell of a lot nicer that you. That is for sure. 

Nevaduh should hire him. 

On 11/14/2023 at 10:48 AM, SDSUfan said:

99.999975% of San Diegans have never heard of the man. 

That’s about the same percentage of San Diegans who are unaware of SUDS football. As you mentioned, there’s a lot of work to be done. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

On 11/14/2023 at 12:49 PM, SDDean said:

The fans are not accepting of the ticket prices coupled with a mediocre on field product. The other part was a version of tve seat guarantee which for some made ticket prices to be over $500/game.  The PAC 12 debacle did not help either. If The product improves the people will come. They lost 33% of their season ticket base from 2022-2023. The onfield product was poor this year. Sure they made some games look close but the scores were not reflective of the reality. However, as an alumnus I am disgusted by the attendance. I used to get ticked when they had only 35,000 at the old stadium when they should have been having 50,000 plus. 

Mediocre is a stretch. More like guaranteed win status.

Meh Manny Santiago GIF by UFC

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 11/15/2023 at 4:38 AM, BSUTOP25 said:

That’s about the same percentage of San Diegans who are unaware of SUDS football. As you mentioned, there’s a lot of work to be done. 

There's plently of SDSU football awareness in town.  Mostly low key observers.  I know because as one of the few "out" SDSU fans, I hear from them whenever we look like shit. 

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

On 11/14/2023 at 11:49 AM, SDDean said:

East Club season tix are $6500.00 which is closer to $1k/game. 

-Richard Feynman

-P.J. O’Rourke