Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

teappotts

Hoke Retiring?

On 11/13/2023 at 10:37 AM, utenation said:

I blame P12 Presidents more than anyone. 

Dude you had complete faith in them right before the whole thing collapsed exactly as I said it would, and you disappeared for 6 weeks.  That is what you told me. 

On 11/13/2023 at 11:01 AM, bornontheblue said:

Dude you had complete faith in them right before the whole thing collapsed exactly as I said it would, and you disappeared for 6 weeks.  That is what you told me. 

Yeah, I noticed a lot of you guys stalking me, tagging me every minute. Kinda creepy.  But yeah, I sure did have faith. I was wrong and I wasn't the only one. 

On 11/13/2023 at 9:36 AM, utenation said:

I think SDSU is a good West Coast job. This is an 8-10 win yearly job with gravy recruits in their back yard. They need to start filling that stadium too. A good coach won't accept mediocre-bad attendance if he puts a good product on the field. 

Anyone on the Utah Staff you think might be HC material? 

On 11/13/2023 at 11:33 AM, dshawfan said:

Anyone on the Utah Staff you think might be HC material? 

Yes. Jim Harding.  Excellent recruiter and Utah's OL has been very solid since he got here. He came with Dave Christensen(the only good thing out of that mess).

Jim is the Assistant HC and has been Co-offensive coordinator. Jim doesn't say much in the media. So I really don't know what is goals are. He seems happy about his situation. 

https://utahutes.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/jim-harding/3804

On 11/13/2023 at 9:19 AM, AztecSU said:

Little ole SDSU made the PAC hire Kliakov, fumble their negotiations, and force the Big Ten to offer UW and UO. Amirite?

Premature departures, doubling down on it, telling recruits they were in.

More likely a number of Schools wanted nada to do with SDSU and chose to disband rather than play with them..   Even OSU/Wazzu are trying to avoid being in a the same Conference.

:facepalm:

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

51 minutes ago, Spaztecs said:

Premature departures, doubling down on it, telling recruits they were in.

More likely a number of Schools wanted nada to do with SDSU and chose to disband rather than play with them..   Even OSU/Wazzu are trying to avoid being in a the same Conference.

:facepalm:

Hate to tell you but OSU/WSU aren't only trying to avoid being in a conference with just SDSU.... it's the entire MWC and it's not personal... 

On 11/13/2023 at 10:49 AM, Spaztecs said:

Easy - lifetime tix to snapdragon stadium. Hot commodity as a pac property

San Jose State
Announced: 85,235
Scanned: 33,892
Percentage: 39.8%
Actual Attendance Per Game: 5,648

UT columnist Bryce Miller is pimping USC offensive analyst Kliff Kingsbury. Personally, he would energize the offensive side of the ball. Sadly, he doesn't care about the defensive side.

I would be all over Matt Wells. Proven track record.

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/sports-columnists/story/2023-11-13/san-diego-state-football-coach-brady-hoke-jd-wicker

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 11/13/2023 at 8:49 AM, Cougar/Frog said:

Ok, next, who is on the clock?  New Mexico? Reno? Wyoming? 

Gonna go in reverse order of that. Wyoming fires Bohl, who then replaces Wilson at UNR, who then replaces Gonzales at UNM, which then drops football two years later.

On 11/13/2023 at 12:36 PM, utenation said:

I think SDSU is a good West Coast job. This is an 8-10 win yearly job with gravy recruits in their back yard. They need to start filling that stadium too. A good coach won't accept mediocre-bad attendance if he puts a good product on the field. 

Recruit local talent and bring in a coach who knows offense and SDSU will have a lot going for it.  

Glad that SDSU was able to move on from a coach who wasn't willing to innovate with today's game. 

On 11/13/2023 at 1:09 PM, Nevada Convert said:

I know about someone that’s great at telling super-swell football stories, but needs a babysitter. 

IMG_3080.webp.ac2b985efa6aa8f57b66feb513c77942.webp

Idk, I think after the whole trip to Mt. Doom he’s kind of burnt out.