Super six

Avalos Fired

On 11/12/2023 at 11:28 PM, ShoichiKUN808 said:

anything of note that Bryan Harsin's header photo on his Twitter/X is Albertsons Stadium? Has it been like this the whole time and he just didn't care to change it?

This is what's up there. Is he just vying for his old job back or something lol?

1500x500

He’s obviously vying for the job. He also put the #AttackTheFuture hashtag back up on his profile. I’ll be so pissed if Dickey considers Harsin.

• Like 1

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

On 11/13/2023 at 5:26 AM, BSUTOP25 said:

He’s obviously vying for the job. He also put the #AttackTheFuture hashtag back up on his profile. I’ll be so pissed if Dickey considers Harsin.

He’s considerably better than Avalos as a HC. Would be a big upgrade. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

On 11/13/2023 at 5:28 AM, madmartigan said:

He’s considerably better than Avalos as a HC. Would be a big upgrade. 

USU should hire him.

• Like 1

On 11/13/2023 at 6:13 AM, bigd said:

Do you think he could be a good coach at another MW program? I feel like Nevada should consider him as well.

I think he could be successful at Nevada or a New Mexico. I mean, Harsin is good enough to get a program up to 8+ wins a year on average but there’s also a lot of drama that comes along with him. Constant coaching turnover due to micromanagement, at least 2 or three WTF games lost every season, and just a generally unlikable person. 

• Like 2

On 11/12/2023 at 10:40 AM, Super six said:

If you get a D1 coaching job you hit the lottery.

Even if its Vandy ?

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 11/12/2023 at 12:40 PM, PTR said:

Yeah. Chargers are sitting at .500. with Ravens, Bills, Chiefs, Lions left on the schedule. Wouldn't be surprised if Spanos clears house. 

But for the Ford family, the Spani have proven themselves to be the worst  owners in the NFL.

• Like 1

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 11/13/2023 at 7:25 AM, BSUTOP25 said:

I think he could be successful at Nevada or a New Mexico. I mean, Harsin is good enough to get a program up to 8+ wins a year on average but there’s also a lot of drama that comes along with him. Constant coaching turnover due to micromanagement, at least 2 or three WTF games lost every season, and just a generally unlikable person. 

Yeah, pass on Harsin 

• Like 1

On 11/12/2023 at 6:46 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

This is that struggle.  It won't get worse.  This is our floor.  Too much going for the school and community right now.  Fan and booster support is tops in the G5.  Boise is booming.  290 million secured toward facility improvements.

Enjoy this year.  This is the worst it is going to get.   Cheers!

Lots of positives above but things have changed since the Petersen/Kellen Moore era.

First, Petersen and Moore aren't coaching/QB'ing the team any time soon! And as an aside, not sure Kellen Moore would be the HC answer to Boise State's problems. College is different than the NFL (lots more administrative/donor/alumni/press/college kid drama/BS to take care of) and why would he want to risk his legacy regardless and give up a shot at becoming an NFL HC? 

Second, how many of Boise State's star players from yesteryear would have entered the portal for more NIL money or a chance to play for a bigger school if it had existed in Boise State's Golden Era? JMHO, but I'd assume at least a handful, if not more, significant difference makers.

In summary, Boise State will be much better going forward compared to all the rest of you hacks in the MWC :ph34r: but we won't be the Giant Killer of Power Programs that we once were! The chasm has widened and continues to get wider...

• Like 2

On 11/12/2023 at 6:25 PM, bsu_alum9 said:

Avalos is due $50,000 every 2 weeks through 2026. $3.28 million guaranteed buyout.

https://x.com/mikefprater/status/1723814380129714439?s=46&t=aUrk07WoJidZAhwwldQqag

"Nice little pension."

• Like 1

On 11/12/2023 at 4:55 PM, 818SUDSFan said:

Not if you're just a position coach at a school in THE Mountain West Conference. Considering the ridiculous hours those guys have to put in plus living out of a suitcase on the recruiting trail to many lousy locations during the "off-season" and it's far from a glamorous job. Those guys just do it for the love of the game and the small chance of eventually becoming a head coach. Add in all the inconvenience that moving from place to place put on your family and you have to be a special kind of person to do it as a career.

Glamorous? No. But not nearly as bad as you are making it out to be. A lot of travel is involved, but as is usually the case with jobs that require a lot of traveling, the pay is good. Even at the small budget MWC schools. The only part that really sucks, if you have young children, is having to move a lot. And that DOES suck. But all things considered, it’s still a good job. 

• Like 1

On 11/13/2023 at 7:18 AM, Spaztecs said:

But for the Ford family, the Spani have proven themselves to be the worst  owners in the NFL.

The bidwells and the hillbilly who owns the browns would like a word…lol

So too would the nepobabies running the bears…lol

• Like 1

On 11/13/2023 at 10:34 AM, bornontheblue said:

!!!!!*****!!!!! Breaking News !!!!!*****!!!!!

My sources tell me the next coach at Boise State University will be 

image.jpeg.5a33340ebb700385ab38ccbcc8b92282.jpeg

Dude would kill it there…lol

may be sanctions later and unpaid tabs at the spearmint rhino after he leaves…but you could do a lot worse than big Ed…lol

• Haha 6

Haven't read the thread.

Was kind of surprised at this. Boise had a tough OOC schedule this year, seemed to me like a year where things might be rough based on that. Still probably going bowling. Unexpected loss to CSU, but in every game besides Oregon State. 

Is this an NIL problem?

Should they have hired someone else?

Has the MWC caught up to them somewhat? OR is this a "changing college football landscape" kind of deal?

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg