Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rebels18

UNLV is carrying the MWC in Football

On 9/18/2023 at 12:04 PM, wolfpack1 said:

They make that request to MWC, but ultimately its up to MWC and how they want to do the conference schedule

I always thought the game should be played on Nevada Day. If I’m not mistaken, I remember a basketball and football game being played between UNLV and UNR the same day and then running some sort of promotion where you get tickets to both games

On 9/18/2023 at 12:09 PM, Gator 82 said:

I always thought the game should be played on Nevada Day. If I’m not mistaken, I remember a basketball and football game being played between UNLV and UNR the same day and then running some sort of promotion where you get tickets to both games

I was there but I don't remember it. Great day!

On 9/18/2023 at 12:09 PM, Gator 82 said:

They have done that as well, in the past but there was pushback on that and more push to have it at end of the season as that is when they play their rivals. When they were in different conferences I think I remember them doing that once but being in the same conference really not a reality.

It definitely should either be Nevada Day or the last game of the season. It's lame having it on October 14th...

The basketball and football game would be cool, but that would only really work when we're in different conferences.

Never thought I'd live to see the day where we'll likely be 0-5 headed into the game against a likely 4-1 UNLV.