Maynard Delecto

The Video Games Thread

On 12/6/2023 at 7:43 AM, BulldogBeliever said:

I'll have to take a look at Cocoon. Limbo is one of my all-time favorite games. 

I'm with you on the GTA franchise... it isn't the best, but it's always entertaining. I'll submit that RDR2 is actually the best game that Rockstar has ever released. 

I’m with you. RDR2 is sincere tragedy. GTA is often farcical. Both can be fun though.

• Like 1

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

So after it won game of the year and went on a small sale last month, I decided to buy Baldur's Gate 3.

OMG, I am having so much fun in this game! I initially decided to take a pass on it and I'm so glad I changed my mind. Amazing balance of story with decisions that matter, exploration, and tactical combat (on the harder difficulty). It's my favorite game of the pass year, I definitely recommend it.

On 1/21/2024 at 9:26 AM, Stealthlobo said:

So after it won game of the year and went on a small sale last month, I decided to buy Baldur's Gate 3.

OMG, I am having so much fun in this game! I initially decided to take a pass on it and I'm so glad I changed my mind. Amazing balance of story with decisions that matter, exploration, and tactical combat (on the harder difficulty). It's my favorite game of the pass year, I definitely recommend it.

This time of year I don’t have a lot of time to game, but I’ll put it in my list 

• Like 1

On 1/21/2024 at 11:26 AM, Stealthlobo said:

I'm playing a durge campaign right now with a half-elf barbarian... it's been a lot of fun. 

On 1/23/2024 at 4:54 AM, retrofade said:

I'm playing a durge campaign right now with a half-elf barbarian... it's been a lot of fun. 

Nice! I just got to act 3 with a Noble Sorcerer playing good and I'm loving exploring the city.  

I really want to play it again as an evil character, is that similar to durge?

On 1/23/2024 at 9:29 AM, Stealthlobo said:

Nice! I just got to act 3 with a Noble Sorcerer playing good and I'm loving exploring the city.  

I really want to play it again as an evil character, is that similar to durge?

You can play durge (Dark Urge) as good or evil. My alignment is chaotic neutral, and I've made some "bad" decisions and some "good" ones depending on my mood at the time. 

Some of those choices have significant impacts, like...

Spoiler

You have the opportunity to chop Gale's hand off when he's reaching through the portal, and if you do so, you lose him for the entire game.

On 1/23/2024 at 7:34 AM, retrofade said:

You can play durge (Dark Urge) as good or evil. My alignment is chaotic neutral, and I've made some "bad" decisions and some "good" ones depending on my mood at the time. 

Some of those choices have significant impacts, like...

Hide contents

You have the opportunity to chop Gale's hand off when he's reaching through the portal, and if you do so, you lose him for the entire game.

Gotcha, I'm kinda new to the dungeons and dragons nomenclature but it's definitely interesting. Just watched the movie too and I was all like that Leonardo DiCaprio meme pointing at the screen lol.

Spoiler

That would be awesome to chop off gales hand! I also want to side with the goblins the second time around and kill the druids. I heard you get another character that way, but you lose kharlach forever which will suck a bit.

On 1/22/2024 at 11:15 PM, Gonzagafan2021 said:

Anyone played fallout?

Probably one of the best game series in existance. 4 is pretty easy to get your hands on, and holds up really well.

• Like 1
5809184128_5cf90ed7dc_b.jpg

On 1/22/2024 at 10:15 PM, Gonzagafan2021 said:

Anyone played fallout?

For the last month I've been on a Fallout fix. I beat Fallout 3 last week and I'm currently playing Fallout 4. I've beaten both games multiple times before so I've been derping around using console commands and launching mini nukes at raiders. 

• Like 1

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

On 1/23/2024 at 8:49 PM, ridgeview2 said:

For the last month I've been on a Fallout fix. I beat Fallout 3 last week and I'm currently playing Fallout 4. I've beaten both games multiple times before so I've been derping around using console commands and launching mini nukes at raiders. 

And the mods out there are numerous. Both on console, AND PC. Everything from better looking clothes and weapons, to better graphics, more weapons, more ways to build up bases, new armor, etc.

I will say, New Vegas has one of the better story lines, but getting it to work/stay stable, even with mods, can be a pain. But if you're not having much trouble with the stability aspect, it really is one of the great games out there. Could really use a re-release if only to update the graphics and stabilize the game for a new generation of PCs and gamers.

• Like 2

On 1/25/2024 at 2:54 AM, son of a gun said:

And the mods out there are numerous. Both on console, AND PC. Everything from better looking clothes and weapons, to better graphics, more weapons, more ways to build up bases, new armor, etc.

I will say, New Vegas has one of the better story lines, but getting it to work/stay stable, even with mods, can be a pain. But if you're not having much trouble with the stability aspect, it really is one of the great games out there. Could really use a re-release if only to update the graphics and stabilize the game for a new generation of PCs and gamers.

Funny thing is that New Vegas is the only one I haven't played, but I've heard that it's amazing and it has the best story line. Only issue is what you stated is keeping it stable. I have it on PC, but it keeps crashing or won't boot to menu.

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

On 1/25/2024 at 12:02 PM, ridgeview2 said:

Funny thing is that New Vegas is the only one I haven't played, but I've heard that it's amazing and it has the best story line. Only issue is what you stated is keeping it stable. I have it on PC, but it keeps crashing or won't boot to menu.

There are mods that help stabilize it out there. Nexus Mods is one of the best places to look for that kind of thing,

• Cheers 1

On 1/14/2024 at 10:40 AM, grandjean87 said:

Showed up in my inbox this morning:

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/video-game-industry-revenues-by-platform/

image.jpeg.01462d56f422058dd6dab93d8870eba2.jpeg

Very cool. Thanks for sharing. 

Haven't played anything new lately. Been playing Monter Hunter Rise lately because it was on sale and am really enjoying it.

Otherwise, just wanted to bump this thread, because the drama threads are becoming unbearable.

Needing more fun threads like the vice, photo, and video game threads 🫤