Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nevada Convert

Breaking: PICS OF THE RECOVERED SUB PIECES JUST RELEASED

On 6/21/2023 at 7:10 AM, RamSack said:

Assuming they do find the vessel, how would they bring up? Large magnets? 

I don’t think there is ferrous material. It’s carbon fiber and titanium. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

The Navy's sub rescue capabilities (and I haven't read anything that says they are on site) only go down to 2K feet.  So unless they're bobbing around near the surface, I really doubt much can be done. 

Certainly if they descended down to the wreckage site, they might as well be dead already, but I have no idea if sonar could be picking up the banging that deep.  I wonder if anyone thought to put 5 "pills" on board just in case.  Probably not because there just appears to much hubris involved in the whole endeavor to have considered the horrifying prospect if something went wrong.  

This whole thing is a little like the Payne Stewart situation many years ago, except we all don’t have the “benefit” of seeing the plane’s (his) demise. Like Stewart, the pilot and all other plane occupants, I, too, think the unfortunate folks in the submersible are in all likelihood all already gone.  It’s just a shitty situation- anyway you cut it…

On 6/21/2023 at 1:21 PM, ripple effect said:

This whole thing is a little like the Payne Stewart situation many years ago, except we all don’t have the “benefit” of seeing the plane’s (his) demise. Like Stewart, the pilot and all other plane occupants, I, too, think the unfortunate folks in the submersible are in all likelihood all already gone.  It’s just a shitty situation- anyway you cut it…

Sure, if his plane was built with camping world products and driven with an aftermarket PS4 controller.  

On 6/20/2023 at 8:35 AM, renoskier said:

they're foooked...even if the small sub could be located, how could they bring it to the surface?

On 6/21/2023 at 8:10 AM, RamSack said:

Assuming they do find the vessel, how would they bring up? Large magnets? 

On 6/21/2023 at 8:58 AM, Old_SD_Dude said:

I don’t think there is ferrous material. It’s carbon fiber and titanium. 

They now have a heavy lift asset(ship) on site. It can reach the bottom. 

https://amp.tmz.com/2023/06/20/us-navy-titanic-submarine-missing-ocean-system/

On 6/21/2023 at 10:29 AM, tailingpermit said:

Sure, if his plane was built with camping world products and driven with an aftermarket PS4 controller.  

A normal person would’ve (readily) understood what I said was in the context of the (almost certain) pending deaths of the submersible’s occupants. And note the words “a little like” that I used. Congratulations. You’re not normal…

This is terrible. I hope this ends well. At least they are throwing the kitchen sink at this. My two biggest fears of death would be drowning(or running out of air) and death by fire. 

Watching the search efforts, my question is, why wouldn’t all these subs have some type of transmitter/sonar location device with it’s own power source?

They now have equipment deep enough searching on the ocean floor. Instead of looking for their location by hearing potential bangs on the side of the sub from passengers. 

Not many hours of air left

On 6/21/2023 at 11:40 AM, utenation said:

This is terrible. I hope this ends well. At least they are throwing the kitchen sink at this. My two biggest fears of death would be drowning(or running out of air) and death by fire. 

Watching the search efforts, my question is, why wouldn’t all these subs have some type of transmitter/sonar location device with it’s own power source?

They now have equipment deep enough searching on the ocean floor. Instead of looking for their location by hearing potential bangs on the side of the sub from passengers. 

Not many hours of air left

And what’s worse… suffocating in a confined space. That’s hell to me. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

On 6/21/2023 at 1:14 PM, madmartigan said:

And what’s worse… suffocating in a confined space. That’s hell to me. 

Yeah.  I would think they'd make a contingency plan and have 5 special pills on board. Then again, the blind hubris of this company probably never considered the slimmest possibility that things could go South. 

On 6/20/2023 at 8:33 PM, RebelAlliance said:

These f&*king tools paid 250K to be crushed like an aluminum Coors Light can in the parking lot of a Lynard Skynard concert.  Yet despite the one in a thousand chance that they're not plankton food, we're spending millions to bust out all air and sea research capabilities.  Insanity.  Oh wait--just coming in on the wire--there's a couple of billionaires on board.  Makes total sense now..

You're an angry elf. 

On 6/20/2023 at 7:33 PM, RebelAlliance said:

These f&*king tools paid 250K to be crushed like an aluminum Coors Light can in the parking lot of a Lynard Skynard concert.  Yet despite the one in a thousand chance that they're not plankton food, we're spending millions to bust out all air and sea research capabilities.  Insanity.  Oh wait--just coming in on the wire--there's a couple of billionaires on board.  Makes total sense now..

Yeah, there might be some very stupid decisions made here and sounds like some corner cutting. 

But we are talking about 5 lives here. And all their families and friends. I don’t think they deserve to die.  If you were in this situation, I would want you to get every chance possible to live for you and your family.  No matter the cost. 

On 6/21/2023 at 11:12 AM, utenation said:

Where is Gene when we need him?

IMG_2487.gif

Wasn’t quite what I was going for and these aren’t exactly astronauts. Your point stands. We’d all better hope for a Gene Kranz when we find ourselves in deep trouble.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.