Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

The Christofascists have manufactured even more outrage

On 5/27/2023 at 7:10 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Dude, the vast majority of scholarship on what the bible says about judgement agrees with me, not you.  Vast, overwhelming majority.  

John 7:24 is talking about the wrong and right way to judge others.  

You are dead certain you are right.  I am dead certain you are not.  No minds are getting changed.

You judge posters on here allllll the time lol

You are spot on. Out of Matthew, Mark, Luke & John, how many of the 4 actually knew Christ? John was the only one. John knows what he’s talking about regarding judgment. 

kat.jpg

On 5/27/2023 at 7:17 PM, bornontheblue said:

No there is no vast majority that agrees with you on this. There are some people who take your position. 

I absolutely judge people, I never claimed I didn't in fact I have stated in this thread I fail many times daily at it. I fail many times hourly at it. 

Yes I am confident my position is correct , and even moreso after reading John 7:24. 

I agree no minds are getting changed and the conversation has turned unproductive. If you feel like you need the last word I'll let you have it. 

George says, please stop being so judgmental. 

DAC278F9-DE02-49E9-AECE-1468CCCDE42C.jpeg.bd4fb5eda6c2583f02de5b2d2f775d91.jpeg

kat.jpg

On 5/28/2023 at 12:32 AM, Nevada Convert said:

You are spot on. Out of Matthew, Mark, Luke & John, how many of the 4 actually knew Christ? John was the only one. John knows what he’s talking about regarding judgment. 

Jesus was clearly talking to his followers about the right and wrong way to judge others.  Arguing otherwise is dumb.

On 5/28/2023 at 1:20 AM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Jesus was clearly talking to his followers about the right and wrong way to judge others.  Arguing otherwise is dumb.

Please be careful when agreeing within Convert.  He didn't exactly get the money changers thing quite right.  John is complex and contextual. Yes, one phrase of one line says "judge justly" (or a parallel translation).  But, Jesus is referring to the fact he's already marked for death.  Unjustly, of course.   The phrase in a line in  John isn't a general command to do something. 

We can get the instruction to judge and admonish in right ways in many places textually from scripture, but even more by reflection of the whole.   

...born sparked the whole stream by talking (posting) past others.  I didn't read all of your many exchanges because he used too many words :).

On 5/26/2023 at 7:40 AM, retrofade said:

Lauren Boebert has hit out at clothing company North Face over an advertising campaign featuring a drag queen, telling her followers: "It's time to boycott ANY product North Face has ever made."

The Republican Colorado representative's remarks come amid rising calls by conservatives for a boycott over its "Summer of Pride" campaign, which features Pattie Gonia and was released on Instagram on Wednesday.

Several brands have been the target of condemnation from conservatives over marketing products for the LGBTQ+ community in recent months. While experts have said such campaigns provide an opportunity for brands to appeal to consumers in new markets, critics have accused companies of alienating their traditional customer base.

The controversies sit at the heart of a culture war, and feed into a broader debate about the acceptance of LGBTQ+ individuals in public life.

In the North Face advert, Pattie Gonia says: "Hi, it's me, Pattie Gonia, a real-life homosexual. And today, I'm here with The North Face; we are here to invite you to come out... in nature with us."

Referring to the Summer of Pride hikes it is planning for a second year running, they added: "Last year, we gay sashayed across the nation and celebrated pride across the nation with hundreds of you."

Following the release of the advert, GOP representative for Georgia Marjorie Taylor Greene accused the company of "grooming our children," while former Republican congressional candidate Robby Starbuck said North Face was "screaming at you to not buy their products."

Boebert added her voice to the chorus of criticism, writing on Thursday: "I guess North Face wanted to get a taste of what conservatives did to Bud Light and Target.

https://www.newsweek.com/lauren-boebert-north-face-boycott-pride-drag-queen-1802788

Maybe Bobo should have focused on not covering up her husband beating the shit out of one of their sons and then lying to 911 about it than manufacturing outrage because the LGBTQ+ community fvcking exists. 

So, @Bob @Jackrabbit @Rebels18 @Nevada Convert and the rest of you, are you going to follow what your dipshit leaders tell you and boycott North Face now? 

1. The GQP is a day late and a dollar short. The add was from 2022.

2. The aforementioned posters never were North Face customers.

It's all Carhartt and Dickies for them.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 5/26/2023 at 9:05 AM, modestobulldog said:

To the larger point, equating boycotts with fascism is asinine.

Isn't that what the Right accuses the Left of when they call for boycotts ?

Asking for a friend.

Americans Mayor

On 5/26/2023 at 9:07 AM, Bob said:

Christ plainly teaches to judge righteous judgements. Need to be careful that tolerance not turn into acceptance. Christianity is about following Christ and His truths and upholding and promoting those things and submitting our will to His. There is a very fine line, but God will judge at the last day and we can take solace in that.

Matthew 7:1-3

Judge not, that ye be not judged.

For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

Romans 19:17-21

17 Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men.

18 If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.

19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

20 Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.

21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

Americans Mayor

On 5/28/2023 at 8:10 AM, grandjean87 said:

Please be careful when agreeing within Convert.  He didn't exactly get the money changers thing quite right.  John is complex and contextual. Yes, one phrase of one line says "judge justly" (or a parallel translation).  But, Jesus is referring to the fact he's already marked for death.  Unjustly, of course.   The phrase in a line in  John isn't a general command to do something. 

We can get the instruction to judge and admonish in right ways in many places textually from scripture, but even more by reflection of the whole.   

...born sparked the whole stream by talking (posting) past others.  I didn't read all of your many exchanges because he used too many words :).

I have my way of living and honoring God and part of that is not judging people whatever their place in life is. If I feel I need to judge someone I instead show the them kindness , respect, and love. That is the way I feel I can live and show honor to God, by showing kindness to all of his children I'm far from perfect at this, and I need to work on it daily. I feel this is consistent with scripture. 

HMHB feels differently and I respect that. 

On 5/28/2023 at 9:02 AM, retrofade said:

Sorry. Darth Jar Jar is the narrator and puppet master of the story. 

Wrong  You're not reading it in the context of Naboo in the time before the empire.

On 5/28/2023 at 7:48 AM, Spaztecs said:

Isn't that what the Right accuses the Left of when they call for boycotts ?

Asking for a friend.

No

110926run_defense710.jpg

On 5/28/2023 at 9:53 AM, bornontheblue said:

I have my way of living and honoring God and part of that is not judging people whatever their place in life is. If I feel I need to judge someone I instead show the them kindness , respect, and love. That is the way I feel I can live and show honor to God, by showing kindness to all of his children I'm far from perfect at this, and I need to work on it daily. I feel this is consistent with scripture. 

HMHB feels differently and I respect that. 

That's nice. Same here. I think the same for the most part others.  Congrats on still mixing up what it means judge or admonish with being judgmental and condemning others. 

On 5/26/2023 at 10:45 AM, grandjean87 said:

It's not often words fail me. 

I forgot to add that the listening experience is greatly enhanced as a sing-along. 

So every time he says "hand job," loudly proclaim, "HAND JOB!" And every time he says "church bus," loudly proclaim, "CHURCH BUS!" Make sure you're loud enough so your neighbors can hear - they might want to sing along as well. :ph34r:  

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

On 5/28/2023 at 11:32 AM, grandjean87 said:

That's nice. Same here. I think the same for the most part others.  Congrats on still mixing up what it means judge or admonish with being judgmental and condemning others. 

I will accept that later distinction. It's a very careful fine line IMO, and I err on the side of not being judgmental. 

On 5/26/2023 at 12:19 PM, retrofade said:

Solid points there. 

Yes, the ad is cringe. It's also old. 

The outrage is a symptom of a larger intolerant and hateful whole. 

Nah. There's very little outrage/intolerance/hate for LBGTQ as a whole. Like everything else, the outrage over this particular minority is also is a tiny minority of angry people that the media uses to trick people like you is much larger to fearmonger for views and clicks. 

What it 'drags' down to, is Christians (and moral people regardless of ideology) are against subjecting children to anything sexual. Reasonable I'd say. 

and the elephant in the room is men who crossdress/drag queens do it because they likely get some sort of sexual gratification out of it. It's degenerate. It's a kink. It's not just "innocent cheeky fun" and pretending like it is and attempting to make it more mainstream and normal (and subjecting it to children) is weird and cringe. 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

On 5/28/2023 at 12:04 PM, TheSanDiegan said:

I forgot to add that the listening experience is greatly enhanced as a sing-along. 

So every time he says "hand job," loudly proclaim, "HAND JOB!" And every time he says "church bus," loudly proclaim, "CHURCH BUS!" Make sure you're loud enough so your neighbors can hear - they might want to sing along as well. :ph34r:  

Yer going somewhere hot. Lol. 

On 5/28/2023 at 11:26 AM, Rebels18 said:

Nah. There's very little outrage/intolerance/hate for LBGTQ as a whole. Like everything else, the outrage over this particular minority is also is a tiny minority of angry people that the media uses to trick people like you is much larger to fearmonger for views and clicks. 

What it 'drags' down to, is Christians (and moral people regardless of ideology) are against subjecting children to anything sexual. Reasonable I'd say. 

and the elephant in the room is men who crossdress/drag queens do it because they likely get some sort of sexual gratification out of it. It's degenerate. It's a kink. It's not just "innocent cheeky fun" and pretending like it is and attempting to make it more mainstream and normal (and subjecting it to children) is weird and cringe. 

Well, not anything.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg