Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

The Christofascists have manufactured even more outrage

On 5/26/2023 at 2:40 PM, Gonzagafan2021 said:

These companies don't even care about lgbtq people

I‘m trying to determine if the ad is a statement made by executives, or a business decision and they believe it will increase sales. I’m guessing the latter and they’re going after the younger crowd that buy their stuff. 

Whatever the case I’ll always buy what I like regardless. North Shore has good stuff although on the pricy side. 

On 5/26/2023 at 3:22 PM, bornontheblue said:

Donald Trump GIF by reactionseditor

Christ was very plain and clear about saying we are not to  judge, why ? Because we are all worthy of condemnation and judgement. 

It is not our place to judge @Bob. We as Christians are to love and care for EVERYBODY no matter who they are, what their background is , or what their lifestyle is. 

Charlie Manson was a scumbag. 

On 5/26/2023 at 4:33 PM, Bob said:

John 7:24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment

What do you suppose all the commandments and directions given us are for if we're not meant to judge if the actions of others are good or not. What a stupid argument you have. Life is literally all about judging things, actions, people and their worth. Christ clearly taught there is WRONG and there is RIGHT. Jsus expects to choose rightly;y in all things, but we're not supposed to "judge". LMFAO

No dum dum 

Christ said there is a wrong and a right and guess what we are all in the wrong, and all very badly in the wrong. We are hopeless sinners dependent on Christ, none of us are in a position to pass judgement in place of Christ. Christ told  those who were about to stone the woman that only those who were without sin could stone her. They correctly put down the rocks and left. Nobody is righteous enough to judge, nobody! 

On 5/26/2023 at 8:48 PM, MetropolitanCowboy said:

Could run a well with radioactive lead infested water for free and it’d still be a better buy and quality than either Coors Light or Bud Light.

False…for cheaper domestic beer Coors Light is delicious on a hot summer day 

On 5/26/2023 at 7:48 PM, MetropolitanCowboy said:

Could run a well with radioactive lead infested water for free and it’d still be a better buy and quality than either Coors Light or Bud Light.

At least that’d have some flavor!

On 5/26/2023 at 7:31 PM, bornontheblue said:

No dum dum 

Christ said there is a wrong and a right and guess what we are all in the wrong, and all very badly in the wrong. We are hopeless sinners dependent on Christ, none of us are in a position to pass judgement in place of Christ. Christ told  those who were about to stone the woman that only those who were without sin could stone her. They correctly put down the rocks and left. Nobody is righteous enough to judge, nobody! 

Is this like an Onion comedy bit, or are you being serious?  I’ll assume you’re serious, so my apologies if you’re not. 

You obviously don’t know the Bible worth a shit with that absolutely ridiculous take. Of course, the Bible is all about the context of the big picture. You have to know and understand it all to have the needed context. 

The “do not judge” is one of the most erroneously common mistakes with the Bible…..Biblical semantics. The “judgement” you are referring to is: Should a Christian be able to judge if someone if going to heaven or hell? The answer is no. 

However, the Bible makes it blatantly clear that another form of judgement is required and essential. This is discernment. Discernment is not judging if someone is going to heaven or hell, it is discerning what is Biblically moral and what isn’t. 

When Jesus walked into the Temple and trashed the place for turning it into a flea market with some greedy scammers ripping people off, he literally kicked them out. That’s what you call assertive discernment/judgement. He was upset that people of the Temple didn’t judge this as inappropriate, and they allowed it to happen. 

The Bible makes it very clear that he loves all of us, just not our sin. We’re also supposed to try and love everyone, but that doesn’t mean we have to passively put up with their sin. God gave us a brain to be able to discern/judge what is Biblically right and wrong, and to push for that. He also doesn’t want us to be stupid and just “throw away our pearls* to the pigs” and let people rip us off. 

I’ll be happy to post a bunch of passages that make it abundantly clear that the discernment type of judgement isn’t just appropriate, it’s required. 

Love, 
Reverend Convert

* Reverend Billy F. Gibbons contributed the ‘pearls’ Biblical reverence for this sermon

kat.jpg

On 5/26/2023 at 10:11 PM, Nevada Convert said:

Is this like an Onion comedy bit, or are you being serious?  I’ll assume you’re serious, so my apologies if you’re not. 

You obviously don’t know the Bible worth a shit with that absolutely ridiculous take. Of course, the Bible is all about the context of the big picture. You have to know and understand it all to have the needed context. 

The “do not judge” is one of the most erroneously common mistakes with the Bible…..Biblical semantics. The “judgement” you are referring to is: Should a Christian be able to judge if someone if going to heaven or hell? The answer is no. 

However, the Bible makes it blatantly clear that another form of judgement is required and essential. This is discernment. Discernment is not judging if someone is going to heaven or hell, it is discerning what is Biblically moral and what isn’t. 

When Jesus walked into the Temple and trashed the place for turning it into a flea market with some greedy scammers ripping people off, he literally kicked them out. That’s what you call assertive discernment/judgement. He was upset that people of the Temple didn’t judge this as inappropriate, and they allowed it to happen. 

If it had been a drag show in the Temple, obviously, judgement that it was wrong and inappropriate would’ve been automatic. 

The Bible makes it very clear that he loves all of us, just not our sin. We’re also supposed to try and love everyone, but that doesn’t mean we have to passively put up with their sin. God gave us a brain to be able to discern/judge what is Biblically right and wrong, and to push for that. He also doesn’t want us to be stupid and just throw away our pearls to the pigs and let people rip us off. 

I’ll be happy to post a bunch of passages that make it abundantly clear that the discernment type of judgement isn’t just appropriate, it’s required. 

Love, 
Reverend Convert

You are confusing judgement from God  with judgement from fellow sinners. We are not to judge , under any circumstances, unless we are willing to be judged ourselves, and in that case  we are just as guilty as the ones you want to judge. How can we possibly judge others when we are ALL filthy sinners deserving of the harshest judgement. Gay , trans, straight, republican, democrat , christian, Jew , muslim atheist ... We are all equally  deserving of the harshest judgement. We are all deserving of condemnation and judgement, and are on no position to pass judgement on others. 

There was somebody who stepped on on  our behalf snd subjected themselves to the judgement that was supposed to be delivered to us. Perhaps you know who that is. 

we cannot possibly be judgmental of anyone else, when we are equally deserving of the harshest judgement. Humble yourself friend. 

On 5/26/2023 at 9:27 PM, bornontheblue said:

You are confusing judgement from God  with judgement from fellow sinners. We are not to judge , under any circumstances, unless we are willing to be judged ourselves, and in that case  we are just as guilty as the ones you want to judge. How can we possibly judge others when we are ALL filthy sinners deserving of the harshest judgement. Gay , trans, straight, republican, democrat , christian, Jew , muslim atheist ... We are all equally  deserving of the harshest judgement. We are all deserving of condemnation and judgement, and are on no position to pass judgement on others. 

There was somebody who stepped on on  our behalf snd subjected themselves to the judgement that was supposed to be delivered to us. Perhaps you know who that is. 

we cannot possibly be judgmental of anyone else, when we are equally deserving of the harshest judgement. Humble yourself friend. 

Oh god help me, I have to side with Convert on this one. If God did not want us to judge, why the hell would he grant us the power of judgement? We all make judgements every single day in all that we do. Chicken or fish, these pants or none, do I drive at high speed through a parade or decide to go fishing instead. It’s true we all sin and must in our hearts hold mercy and grace dear for others. But that doesn’t mean we can’t judge others. Must I withhold judgement for Albert Fish, a serial murdering crazy person that abducted, raped, murdered, then cooked and ate a small child? No.

State certification from a phony church aside, I’m no theologian. But I know enough to understand Christ didn’t mean for us not to pass judgement on people in any way. God passes the judgement on the soul. We all sin and should be made humble by it. Without judgement we couldn’t be humbled. If that were the case all would be permissible and therefore not a sin at all.

image.gif.9695e537ec1b9b3d93ab6c0dde165f0e.gif

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

On 5/26/2023 at 10:50 PM, thelawlorfaithful said:

Oh god help me, I have to side with Convert on this one. If God did not want us to judge, why the hell would he grant us the power of judgement? We all make judgements every single day in all that we do. Chicken or fish, these pants or none, do I drive at high speed through a parade or decide to go fishing instead. It’s true we all sin and must in our hearts hold mercy and grace dear for others. But that doesn’t mean we can’t judge others. Must I withhold judgement for Albert Fish, a serial murdering crazy person that abducted, raped, murdered, then cooked and ate a small child? No.

State certification from a phony church aside, I’m no theologian. But I know enough to understand Christ didn’t mean for us not to pass judgement on people in any way. God passes the judgement on the soul. We all sin and should be made humble by it. Without judgement we couldn’t be humbled. If that were the case all would be permissible and therefore not a sin at all.

You are failing to understand that we are all deserving of judgement, whether you be in prison or you are in a highly esteemed position in a good church. 

All of us are deserving of the harshest judgement, whether we be the church eider, the parish priest, the inmate on death row, the trans person the gay person, fat skinny , tall short we are all deserving of the harshest judgement. How can you possibly judge anyone else when they you yourself are guilty and deserving of severe judgement. 

Humble yourself and have a proper understanding 

On 5/26/2023 at 10:50 PM, thelawlorfaithful said:

You know that Christ in his 1st century ministry  hung out with those who were the so called ones to be "judged", the criminals, the prostitutes   the tax collector's the adulterers. It was the religious establishment of the day who was infuriated by this. If Christs ministry was in  modern times he would have been ministering to the trans, and gays and it would probably be the modern church who would be offended about it, just like the pharisees. 

Be humbled, and know we are all equally deserving of the same judgement. All of us. Therefore we are in no position to judge anyone. 

On 5/26/2023 at 10:05 PM, bornontheblue said:

You are failing to understand that we are all deserving of judgement, whether you be in prison or you are in a highly esteemed position in a good church. 

All of us are deserving of the harshest judgement, whether we be the church eider, the parish priest, the inmate on death row, the trans person the gay person, fat skinny , tall short we are all deserving of the harshest judgement. How can you possibly judge anyone else when they you yourself are guilty and deserving of severe judgement. 

Humble yourself and have a proper understanding 

That’s exactly what I said. You can judge everyone because you deserve the same harsh judgement. That’s where the humility comes from.

On 5/26/2023 at 10:16 PM, bornontheblue said:

You know that Christ in his 1st century ministry  hung out with those who were the so called ones to be "judged", the criminals, the prostitutes   the tax collector's the adulterers. It was the religious establishment of the day who was infuriated by this. If Christs ministry was in  modern times he would have been ministering to the trans, and gays and it would probably be the modern church who would be offended about it, just like the pharisees. 

Be humbled, and know we are all equally deserving of the same judgement. All of us. Therefore we are in no position to judge anyone. 

The trans and the gays are not criminals. I don’t think you’re making the comparison you want here. Christ would love them but still judge them on what each person does. He didn’t refuse to pass judgement on the predatory money lenders in the temple, did he? 

We are all in position to judge the murderer in Moscow, Michael Jackson, Lance Armstrong, Matt Walsh, Bruce Springsteen, the guy that tosses his gum out on the sidewalk that you/we step in. God meant for us to be humble and kind with grace and mercy for others, not to be fools without judgement.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

On 5/26/2023 at 11:30 PM, thelawlorfaithful said:

That’s exactly what I said. You can judge everyone because you deserve the same harsh judgement. That’s where the humility comes from.

The trans and the gays are not criminals. I don’t think you’re making the comparison you want here. Christ would love them but still judge them on what each person does. He didn’t refuse to pass judgement on the predatory money lenders in the temple, did he? 

We are all in position to judge the murderer in Moscow, Michael Jackson, Lance Armstrong, Matt Walsh, Bruce Springsteen, the guy that tosses his gum out on the sidewalk that you/we step in. God meant for us to be humble and kind with grace and mercy for others, not to be fools without judgement.

Christ in his biblical ministry in not one example I can think of held any Individual as deserving of societal judgement. Christ actually heid out his harshest criticism not of those who society said were deserving of judgement, but the actual people who passed judgement.. the pharisees, the religious establishment of the day. Christs followers  in the fist century consisted of undesirables, sinners, low life, disease ridden sinners those who who were deemed by the establishment as deserving of judgement. Would you have  been one of those who were infuriated this? I suspect much of the modern church would have persecuted the same Christ because he would have  ministered to the gays and the trans, and the drug addicts, and the homeless , the poor ,the immigrants and he would have lambasted the modern church fur oppressing them. 

On 5/26/2023 at 7:03 PM, soupslam1 said:

I‘m trying to determine if the ad is a statement made by executives, or a business decision and they believe it will increase sales. I’m guessing the latter and they’re going after the younger crowd that buy their stuff. 

Whatever the case I’ll always buy what I like regardless. North Shore has good stuff although on the pricy side. 

It’s pretty much always this. And there’s nothing wrong with that.