Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

The Christofascists have manufactured even more outrage

On 5/26/2023 at 9:07 AM, Bob said:

Christ plainly teaches to judge righteous judgements.

Donald Trump GIF by reactionseditor

Christ was very plain and clear about saying we are not to  judge, why ? Because we are all worthy of condemnation and judgement. 

It is not our place to judge @Bob. We as Christians are to love and care for EVERYBODY no matter who they are, what their background is , or what their lifestyle is. 

On 5/26/2023 at 2:56 PM, toonkee said:

Hell Yeah Wow GIF by Adele Morse - Stoned Fox Official

I'm born and raised catholic so I can say it.:ph34r:

I don't mean to disparage religion but Bob started with casting all "the left" "lgbt" etc as groomers so thought I would give it back in kind. Because if we are keeping score between LGBT crowd and Churches and the overly religious when it comes to harming the young.....

On 5/26/2023 at 3:28 PM, AztecSU said:

You know what I notice. The right wants to punish, obscure, and oppress people who don't fit in with cultural norms. Meanwhile, the left mostly wants to oppress and target people and organizations that oppress others...chop it up however you want but it's true. 

I think that has to do with your perspective more than anything else. Each side sees themselves as wearing the white hat. 

On 5/26/2023 at 2:55 PM, Slapdad said:

I think that has to do with your perspective more than anything else. Each side sees themselves as wearing the white hat. 

Ok, who is the left oppressing, and are those people/groups actively oppressing others? You can not like gay people or trans people, but if you are actively trying to prevent them from having any presence in public life you're just oppressing them and then blaming it on your religion or claiming it's about protecting children.

On 5/26/2023 at 3:22 PM, bornontheblue said:

Donald Trump GIF by reactionseditor

Christ was very plain and clear about saying we are not to  judge, why ? Because we are all worthy of condemnation and judgement. 

It is not our place to judge @Bob. We as Christians are to love and care for EVERYBODY no matter who they are, what their background is , or what their lifestyle is. 

John 7:24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment

What do you suppose all the commandments and directions given us are for if we're not meant to judge if the actions of others are good or not. What a stupid argument you have. Life is literally all about judging things, actions, people and their worth. Christ clearly taught there is WRONG and there is RIGHT. Jsus expects to choose rightly;y in all things, but we're not supposed to "judge". LMFAO

On 5/26/2023 at 1:42 PM, modestobulldog said:

200.gif

Not bologna at all.   Certainly we aren’t NAZI Germany but look at the cooperation between the Hitler Regime and the leading industrialists.   

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economics_of_fascism

Scholars also noted that big business developed an increasingly close partnership with the Italian Fascist and German fascist governments after they took power. Business leaders supported the government's political and military goals. In exchange, the government pursued economic policies that maximized the profits of its business allies.[8]

On 5/26/2023 at 3:33 PM, Bob said:

What do you suppose all the commandments and directions given us are for if we're not meant to judge if the actions of others are good or not. What a stupid argument you have. Life is literally all about judging things, actions, people and their worth. Christ clearly taught there is WRONG and there is RIGHT. Jsus expects to choose rightly;y in all things, but we're not supposed to "judge". LMFAO

Christ Bob.  Do you actually ever attend church?   Have spent any time actually reading the Bible?   

Christ was emphatically clear we need to worry about ourselves and not judge others.  The commandments and directions are there for you to lead your life.   From what we have seen you clearly aren’t getting it at all.   

Seriously, If we could bet on who gets into heaven you or the gay guy my house would be on the gay guy.   Being Gay is mentioned in two books and never condemned by Christ.  Not judging is in almost every +++++ing book in the Bible and explicitly condemned by Christ is the Gospel.   

On 5/26/2023 at 4:33 PM, Bob said:

You know, Bob, I have some agreement.  But, of all the Gospels you really can't take John out of context.  John is written in a complex structure (chiastic).  It's Christology deeper than the synoptic Gospels.  That passage, which is also translated "Stop judging by appearances, but judge justly" takes place in the midst of Jesus's teaching at the Festival of Tabernacles which he has arrived at during and in stealth.  Jesus is already in danger of death for his teachings and actions. 

Jesus is referring to the legalism of the Pharisees who had judged him for healing on the Sabbath.  That verse, and by the way chapters and verses are an invention a thousand years or so after Christ time, is repeated in the next chapter of John and referenced to passages in Isaiah and Leviticus (of which Jesus breaks tons of its rules).   So, that little verse is not call to judge others nor immunity from judgementalism.  John must be read in whole. 

But, I do agree "judging" is far from prohibited.  We are always limited by language. In modern English, the term "admonish" is a biblical translation used where we are advised/instructed to help guide each other.  And, of course, collectively we do judge by the law and informally in many ways. I'd certainly admonish a friend for cheating on their spouse. I'd judge the actions of someone using another w/o regard or respect for sexual pleasure.  That latter of which, I was guilty of at times when young.  

I would admonish folks to leave most matters alone unless they have direct import on some injury to others.  That includes gay, trans, drag, etc.  Not my cup of tea, but there are far worse things people do in so many ways.  

On 5/26/2023 at 5:33 PM, Bob said:

John 7:24

ESVDo not judge by appearances, but judge with right judgment.”
NIVStop judging by mere appearances, but instead judge correctly.'
NASBDo not judge by the outward appearance, but judgewith righteous judgment.'
CSBStop judging according to outward appearances; rather judge according to righteous judgment."
NLTLook beneath the surface so you can judge correctly.'
KJVJudge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 5/26/2023 at 3:33 PM, Bob said:

Still desperate for the approval of your abusive father I see

On 5/26/2023 at 5:41 PM, RSF said:

John 7:24

ESVDo not judge by appearances, but judge with right judgment.”
NIVStop judging by mere appearances, but instead judge correctly.'
NASBDo not judge by the outward appearance, but judgewith righteous judgment.'
CSBStop judging according to outward appearances; rather judge according to righteous judgment."
NLTLook beneath the surface so you can judge correctly.'
KJVJudge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

You missed us Catholics, but I already covered that.  Like I posted to good old Bob, you have to read in context.  True for all scripture, but especially among the four accepted Gospels, for John.  

On 5/26/2023 at 6:48 PM, grandjean87 said:

You missed us Catholics, but I already covered that.  Like I posted to good old Bob, you have to read in context.  True for all scripture, but especially among the four accepted Gospels, for John.  

I know (although there are dirty Papist versions of ESV and NLT), but the variations in translations was the point I was seeking.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 5/26/2023 at 6:17 PM, RSF said:

I know (although there are dirty Papist versions of ESV and NLT), but the variations in translations was the point I was seeking.

I got that. 

Theres's a Protestant pastor in Boise whose church used to donate to my school.  Never met him, but he has a social media presence.  He has a blog, but I've only read a little of his writings. I saw a copy on FB of this tweet. 

On 5/26/2023 at 8:54 PM, PackNation said:

What team is that?

Making fun of you for ignorant takes shouldn't be limited to any particular team. 

For a second there I forgot I was in the off topic section and thought he was talking about BYU.  

On 5/26/2023 at 9:38 AM, Slapdad said:

The same could be said about the snowflakes on the left...it just won't be said by those on the left.  

I think I did just say that. Keep up.

On 5/26/2023 at 9:47 AM, CPslograd said:

I keep reading that Bud Lights sales are way down, and I’m sure they are.

I keep expecting to see some smoking deals on my twelvers. But it hasn’t happened yet.  

if it’s not selling, adjust the price.  Especially on a persishable good like beer.  It’s not rocket science.  Dummies.

I didn’t boycott bud light, or even care that they had some trans influencer.  I didn’t like that interview with the VP of marketing where she had obvious disdain for her own customer base (ie ME).  She pissed me off.  I also didn’t like when management scapegoated her and acted like they knew nothing about it, that was classic management BS.

Anyway, discount my damn bud light.

They should give it away for free!