Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

The Christofascists have manufactured even more outrage

On 5/26/2023 at 11:26 AM, Slapdad said:

I've been told that I'm conservative on this board (though I consider myself in the middle or maybe slightly right of center), so let me say that these protests are dumb. That is not to say that North Face didn't have this coming given their history or boycotts/protests against other companies. Live by the sword, die by the sword. I just don't care enough about most things a company does to engage in such activities. 

The number of threads started here to express outrage in another group's outrage is equally dumb. 

Eh, I don’t really like to play “thread police”. This place is what it is; some good threads, some dumb threads, a lot in the middle.

On 5/26/2023 at 8:05 AM, modestobulldog said:

To the larger point, equating boycotts with fascism is asinine.

Not completely.  Remember far right authoritarian movements are often tightly coupled with the leading industrialists.   The tend to be antiunion and demand a cut of profits and industry becomes a means of control.  

On 5/26/2023 at 2:48 PM, sactowndog said:

Not completely.  Remember far right authoritarian movements are often tightly coupled with the leading industrialists.   The tend to be antiunion and demand a cut of profits and industry becomes a means of control.  

This has zero to do with a consumer boycott of a company. Its funny to see how the left pivots from hating big, mean corporations to raising their flag when that company is on the business end of some backlash from the right. 

On 5/26/2023 at 11:06 AM, grandjean87 said:

Something tells me someone's actually blown a tranny. 

That makes sense now. He's just upset they are getting bottom surgery. 

On 5/26/2023 at 2:02 PM, AztecSU said:

He's so good. So many quick hilarious lines in there. "It was a quick walk over there, so I drove over...."You can't tell from my words or actions but I'm a Christian..."

On 5/26/2023 at 2:10 PM, Bob said:

Team leftists. Aka Satanists

Oh I was confused because you said his team was grooming kids and I automatically thought of religous people. Never encountered many satanists so I don't know if they groom but given I don't know of any should mean they aren't very good at it. :shrug:

On 5/26/2023 at 12:59 PM, Slapdad said:

This has zero to do with a consumer boycott of a company. Its funny to see how the left pivots from hating big, mean corporations to raising their flag when that company is on the business end of some backlash from the right. 

Both authoritarian wings left and right try to use industry to enforce their values.  Look back and you will see I opposed doxing Charlottesville marchers.  

You know what I notice. The right wants to punish, obscure, and oppress people who don't fit in with cultural norms. Meanwhile, the left mostly wants to oppress and target people and organizations that oppress others...chop it up however you want but it's true. 

On 5/26/2023 at 9:16 AM, retrofade said:

It actually isn't. The far right is seeking to effectively demand that there be no representation or recognition of the LGBTQ+ community. They lose their minds over Pride merch, when a transgender person posts an ad on social media with a beer, etc. This crap has been going on for a long time... I remember my parents trying to boycott Target way back when because they sold Levi's who supported homosexuals. Why? Because they dislike and vilify things and people who don't comport with their personal beliefs. 

In any event, this is just one example of the much larger christofascist movement. 

You are the one manufacturing outrage.

110926run_defense710.jpg

On 5/26/2023 at 12:48 PM, sactowndog said:

200.gif

110926run_defense710.jpg

On 5/26/2023 at 9:17 AM, retrofade said:

It's like when they lost their minds just a week or two ago about a Miller Lite ad that shoved feminism in their faces... that had been released months prior. 

On 5/26/2023 at 9:19 AM, retrofade said:

Solid points there. 

Yes, the ad is cringe. It's also old. 

The outrage is a symptom of a larger intolerant and hateful whole. 

Age of ad is irrelevant.  Seems like you are guilty of more outrage than the other side.

110926run_defense710.jpg

On 5/26/2023 at 4:45 PM, modestobulldog said:

Age of ad is irrelevant.  Seems like you are guilty of more outrage than the other side.

Eh, I probably wouldn't have even noticed had this not been the fourth or fifth of these things in the last few weeks. 

This has zero to do with a consumer boycott of a company. It’s funny to see how the left pivots from hating big, mean corporations to raising their flag when that company is on the business end of some backlash from the right. 

It’s funny how everybody pivots. Actually it’s not really funny, it’s just average online political “discourse”.