Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

azgreg

Oh Texas

On 5/25/2023 at 5:55 PM, azgreg said:

This is a good thing.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

RINOs.  In the Texas House.

That's funny....

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 5/27/2023 at 2:51 PM, azgreg said:

That was 71% of the Republicans joining with the Democrats.

Paxton had loaded up his social media with support comments from the far-right/MAGA crowd. I was glad to see the Texas House GOP did not buckle.

Now we will see what happens in the Senate trial. First question is how does the Senate deal with Paxton's wife being a Senator?

And Paxton's statement was posted on Twitter after the impeachment. He managed to bring up most of the far-right boogeymen in one sentence: "Phelan's coalition of Democrats and liberal Republicans is now in lockstep with the Biden Administration, the abortion industry, anti-gun zealots, and woke corporations to sabotage my work as Attorney General, including our ongoing litigation to stop illegal immigrants, uphold the rule of law, and protect the constitutional rights of every Texan."

They'll need 9 of 19 Republicans to convict.

On 5/27/2023 at 10:26 PM, GoDogs22 said:

How could he be immediately temporarily removed? Is he temporarily removed until the Senate trial, then could be permanently booted? 

Think of it similar to a suspension right now. People are suspended from duties in many professions when there is an investigation into something they have done.

The Senate trial will determine if Paxton is removed from office or not.

On 9/16/2023 at 3:48 PM, sactowndog said:

Republican Party has gone full Banana Republican.  The white trash have taken over.  

Sad for me to see what it has become. I thought the Newt years were bad and changed my registration from GOP to non-partisan back then. But apparently the party is still looking to see how low it can go.