Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kingpotato

Best MW head coaching football jobs.

On 5/24/2023 at 7:17 PM, Wyobraska said:

I would also say that it is lazy journalism to say if Bohl can't win there, maybe nobody can.  

If Bohl was open to changing up his offense he might have a MW title.  Bohl is a great coach and I get sticking with what he knows, but the game has changed offensively and he hasn't.  He doesn't need to go spread but his offense is dog shit.  

Since the Great One left, has Bohl had a QB that he felt comfortable with throwing 30 times per game ?

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 5/25/2023 at 8:49 AM, Spaztecs said:

Since the Great One, has Bohl had a QB that he felt comfortable with 30 pass attempts per game ?

No, but he has recruited a lot of guys who are better runners than passers to play the position.  That is on him and his staff.  

Now, I don't know why a QB or WR would even want to play at Wyoming.  

On 5/25/2023 at 1:28 AM, utgrizfan said:

Any idea if last year was just growing pains for the Rams or will this season be a repeat of last season? Seemed to be alot of varied opinion on Norvell so wondering if this will be another hiccup for the CSU brass 

They will be better. I'm tabbing them for Bowl Eligibility.

Americans Mayor

On 5/25/2023 at 8:55 AM, Wyobraska said:

No, but he has recruited a lot of guys who are better runners than passers to play the position.  That is on him and his staff.  

Or, SDSU

Americans Mayor

On 5/25/2023 at 7:06 AM, ---I GREEN INFECTION I--- said:

¿How many failed Lip Stick on a Pig Campaigns  for your crumbling stadium do y'all have in that same period?

On 5/25/2023 at 7:47 AM, GoDogs22 said:

At least we can win games in our stadium. Maybe CSU should try that once in awhile, or at least not get blown out by FCS teams.

If it isn't the Great Deflector II.  I see you're adopting Cincy's MO.

¿Why aren't you answering my question homeboy?

Maybe it's better if you don't maintain that crumbling mess.  It's consistent w/CSU-FresNo's Valley Trash Brand.

On 5/25/2023 at 8:55 AM, Wyobraska said:

Cold weather and windy games in Laradise and other MW locales might explain some of the play calling.

I can't imagine many kids who can sling it  want to play in Laradise. 

The FB Gods smiled on Laramie when Bohl gave Josh Allen a shot.

Americans Mayor

On 5/25/2023 at 12:28 AM, utgrizfan said:

Any idea if last year was just growing pains for the Rams or will this season be a repeat of last season? Seemed to be alot of varied opinion on Norvell so wondering if this will be another hiccup for the CSU brass 

FWIW, Norvell also went 3-9 his first year at Nevada and made a big jump to 8-5 in year two. 

I wouldn't be surprised at all to see CSU make a similar jump this season. 

On 5/25/2023 at 7:57 AM, Spaztecs said:

Or, SDSU

So depressing that the Aztecs I grew up with under Coryell, are no where to be found. If you would've told me as a youngster that one day we would have trouble throwing the ball, I would've laughed hysterically. 

On 5/24/2023 at 10:29 PM, ---I GREEN INFECTION I--- said:

Proud to see my school is still doing less w/more than any school in the conf.

I was surprised to see Nevada Southern's underwhelming hire of it's new head coach (I forget his name at the moment) highest in the conf making $1.75mm

Underwhelming? No. It was just a very safe hire in comparison to some high risk/high reward names being thrown around.... altho Bobby Petrino was gonna be our OC for about 5 minutes. 

His pedigree was definitely worth the $1.75 mill if you compare other MWC coaches at the time they were hired.  He was a respected DC and had some success as HC in the SEC...a conference that's head and shoulders above the P5 conferences and miles ahead of the MWC.

Last season was the first time UNLV Football revenue has been in the black in a long, long time, thanks to dat #AllegiantMoney in the joint-use agreement they apparently got hosed on so they had a little extra cash to throw around in the UNLV HC carousel this time around...altho Arroyo was one of the higher paid guys in the league as well. 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

On 5/25/2023 at 9:04 AM, Spaztecs said:

Cold weather and windy games in Laradise and other MW locales might explain some of the play calling.

I can't imagine many kids who can sling it want to play in Laradise. 

The FB Gods smiled on Laramie when Bohl gave Josh Allen a shot.

Dave Christensen didn't have a problem recruiting offensive talent to Laramie.  

Part of Bohls problem is also just the play calling.  Interior runs on 1st and 2nd down and that results in a lot of third and long.  Then it is typically a slant on 3rd.  He needs to mix up play calling more.

On 5/24/2023 at 7:29 PM, ---I GREEN INFECTION I--- said:

Proud to see my school is still doing less w/more than any school in the conf.

I was surprised to see Nevada Southern's underwhelming hire of it's new head coach (I forget his name at the moment) highest in the conf making $1.75mm

On 5/25/2023 at 8:31 AM, Rebels18 said:

Underwhelming? No. It was just a very safe hire <---I "Underwhelming & "very safe hire" I don't see a big difference in the nuance that separates the two descriptions of the new HC hire at UNL-!Viva! 

in comparison to some high risk/high reward names being thrown around.... altho Bobby Petrino was gonna be our OC for about 5 minutes. 

His pedigree was definitely worth the $1.75 mill if you compare other MWC coaches at the time they were hired.  He was a respected DC and had some success as HC in the SEC  <---I "Some success" as HC might be a lil' generous ¿No?

1st Season - 2-game BELOW .500

2nd season - 1/2-a-game ABOVE .500

3rd Season  - 1.5-games ABOVE .500

4th Season - EVEN...Right at .500

Then throw in TWO Bowl losses in Seasons 2 & 3 for good measure...

...a conference that's head and shoulders above the P5 conferences and miles ahead of the MWC.

Last season was the first time UNLV Football revenue has been in the black in a long, long time, thanks to dat #AllegiantMoney in the joint-use agreement they apparently got hosed on so they had a little extra cash to throw around in the UNLV HC carousel this time around...altho Arroyo was one of the higher paid guys in the league as well. 

It's a superficial observation by me at best.  However, at the very least the new FB HC at UNL-¡Viva! has a branding issue.

You'll see above I referred to him as your "...new head coach (I forget his name at the moment)."

In your repose you referred to "Bobby Petrino" & "Arroyo" by name, while you called you New HC by "he" & "his" one-time ech.

¿Does homeboy have a NAME?

--------------------------------

ON-a-SIDE-NOTE:  During this "5-mins" "Bobby Petrino was gonna be...(your) OC."  ¿How close were y'all to landing Easy Rider?  For example:  Did Bobby, his motorcycle or volleyball player GF ever set foot in Viva during the contract negotiations?

--------------------------------

"Some success" as HC might be a lil' generous ¿No?

Coach "He's" Record at Mizzou:

1st Season - 2-game BELOW .500

2nd season - 1/2-a-game ABOVE .500

3rd Season  - 1.5-games ABOVE .500

4th Season - EVEN...Right at .500

Then throw in TWO Bowl losses in Seasons 2 & 3 for good measure...

UNM tho'.

Still hoping CDG can get some traction. We've got some record budget money due to oil and gas. The state is giving rebates to citizens. Taxes are already pretty low,  how about we invest in the state?

Out of my mind for the Lobos!!

On 5/25/2023 at 7:06 AM, ---I GREEN INFECTION I--- said:

¿How many failed Lip Stick on a Pig Campaigns  for your crumbling stadium do y'all have in that same period?

More serious scar tissue on display for all of us to see. 
Chin up plow boy. I’m sure you guys won’t be bottom of the barrel forever. 

On 5/25/2023 at 8:01 AM, ---I GREEN INFECTION I--- said:

If it isn't the Great Deflector II.  I see you're adopting Cincy's MO.

¿Why aren't you answering my question homeboy?

Maybe it's better if you don't maintain that crumbling mess.  It's consistent w/CSU-FresNo's Valley Trash Brand.

Moe bitterness.  Looks like my jabs have stuck in your pea brain as well.

CSU football sucks,  Just deal with it instead of trying too hard to avoid that fact by deflecting about stadiums.

On 5/25/2023 at 10:59 AM, Cincy said:

Moe bitterness.  Looks like my jabs have stuck in your pea brain as well.

CSU football sucks,  Just deal with it instead of trying too hard to avoid that fact by deflecting about stadiums.

You know you've lost an argument when you shift the conversation away from on the field production. Fresno has a fertile recruiting ground (great pun for the Valley, eh?) and a proven HC. I think it has one of the highest upsides in the MW. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

I can only imagine how much $$ C$U will have once we start winning.

You could make the argument no school in all of ncaa football does less with more. The $ disparity is huge

Colorado-State-RB.gif http://s3.amazonaws.com/newscloud-production/newscloudcms/2013/09/5223f4947e85e85e0b00161e/photos/cam4476904/gallery.jpg?1378094250

On 5/24/2023 at 8:46 PM, ---I GREEN INFECTION I--- said:

I'm amazed how well wy-hole can do in FB after sending so many contributors to the portal the last two-yrs.

As far as hoops, the cowgirls were on pt in 2022-'23.  ¿Do y'all have much room to tlk? after your NIL budget was pissed away on 3 12-Pack transfers who made y'all worse & hit the road already.

I didn't realize that I should consider Wyoming's basketball team in a thread about the best football head coaching jobs. 

Since you are a volleyball school, do you want to talk about that too?  

On 5/25/2023 at 10:13 AM, LoFasZz said:

I can only imagine how much $$ C$U will have once we start winning.

You could make the argument no school in all of ncaa football does less with more. The $ disparity is huge

My anus is quivering.

Alan Tudyk Dancing GIF by DOOM PATROL

On 5/25/2023 at 11:34 AM, King Spartan said:

My anus is quivering.

Quick grab the lube! CSU one day MAY win. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch.