Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

grandjean87

Tina Turner Gone at 83

Anna Mae Bullock.

Terrific performer.

Gutsy lady able to survive a highly abusive celebrity husband and leave the relationship with a bigger name than that ass****.

She neither wrote nor recorded R-E-S-P-E-C-T but the woman deserves exactly that.

RIP, Tina.

Kind of out of nowhere, she was the voice of so many women and was just an icon in the music world. Very few will ever have the impact in their chosen careers the way she did in hers. There will never be another Tina Turner and the world is a sadder place today because of her loss. 

I can't sing and I can't dance but I can make romance - Macho Man Randy Savage

On 5/24/2023 at 7:01 PM, tailingpermit said:

Good time as ever to put on Beyond Thunderdome, RIP. 

We don't need another hero.. 

I can't sing and I can't dance but I can make romance - Macho Man Randy Savage

Tina Turner

- first remember seeing her music video around 1992 on like VH1.  “What’s love got to do with it”. I would be home for about an hour before going to Pop Warner practice.  Loved her song. 

- flash forward, 2014 my dad on his last day alive, lying on the bed. My sister playing music on her phone “I don’t want to fight” comes on and I knew it was time to let him go.

Thank you for the memories.

On 5/25/2023 at 2:38 AM, 415hawaiiboy said:

Tina Turner

- first remember seeing her music video around 1992 on like VH1.  “What’s love got to do with it”. I would be home for about an hour before going to Pop Warner practice.  Loved her song. 

- flash forward, 2014 my dad on his last day alive, lying on the bed. My sister playing music on her phone “I don’t want to fight” comes on and I knew it was time to let him go.

Thank you for the memories.

I was in a Rolls Royce convertible, my parents had broken up and my father played the “I don’t want to fight” song endless.