Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gonzagafan2021

MLB and NHL are making a comeback

Seems like NHL and MLB ratings have been good as of late. Like I said soccer(MLS, Premier league and etc) will never be popular. Like I said soccer is too niche and only a small population like the sport. Baseball is so good now the introduction of The Pitch Clock and the with the WBC in 2023 might have just saved Baseball.

On 5/24/2023 at 11:00 AM, Gonzagafan2021 said:

Seems like NHL and MLB ratings have been good as of late. Like I said soccer(MLS, Premier league and etc) will never be popular. Like I said soccer is too niche and only a small population like the sport. Baseball is so good now the introduction of The Pitch Clock and the with the WBC in 2023 might have just saved Baseball.

MLB games not dragging on for 3+ hours has been a plus 

Think NHL is benefitting from the TNT / ESPN TV deals

I really couldn't care if MLS even exists -- Soccer is just a snoozefest 🫤

On 5/24/2023 at 2:05 PM, UNLV2001 said:

Yeah been watching more games too. Just wanna see more nationally televised games when compared to the NBA and MLB. Also wanna see MLB teams move to OTA channels now.

On 5/24/2023 at 11:11 AM, Gonzagafan2021 said:

Yeah been watching more games too. Just wanna see more nationally televised games when compared to the NBA and MLB. Also wanna see MLB teams move to OTA channels now.

VGK have made the move from a regional cable sports network to a new OTA / Streaming format (beginning next season) -- Think with the way RSN's are on the rocks that more options will be made available --- One thing MLB needs to do is eliminate or reduce their territorial rights / blackout rules ....the LV market is blacked out of 6 MLB teams (SF, OAK, LA, LAA, PHX, SD) , but it's sounding like the A's are moving in so that situation will change 

On 5/24/2023 at 11:05 AM, UNLV2001 said:

Getting back on ESPN was huge!  From 2004 to 2020 the NHL was lost in the friggin desert on NBC, OLN/Versus.  You could hardly find a game on in a sports bar unless you were in a hockey market.  I can remember on many occasions asking a waiter to turn on the hockey game on NBC Sports.  They’d give me a confused look and ask what channel was that again.  Then they’d go ask a manager and they’d come back saying we don’t get that channel.  It was hell, pure hell!