Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bornontheblue

What's the deal with Mormons and Cafe Rio

On 5/18/2023 at 9:51 PM, Wyobraska said:

Cafe Rio was founded in Utah although not by the church.  I'm sure a lot of LDS people have had positions there over the years.  

This explains so much. Utah has the worst food in the nation. 

On 5/18/2023 at 10:57 PM, IanforHeisman said:

See I think Chipotle is the second most overrated place in America, right behind In N Out. I’ll eat the shit out of a pork barbacoa salad from Cafe Rio though.

Are you mormon 

There’s a cafe rio near me and I went in expecting, you know, Mexican food, and especially here in socal, there’s a lot of competition. What I got was…not good. It tasted like a dessert. Why anyone would eat there when they can go to a taqueria and get the real thing is beyond me. 

In Utah it makes sense. But not here. I didn’t think they’d last long but the local Lds contingent must be keeping them afloat. 

On 5/18/2023 at 11:19 PM, toonkee said:

Wut ?

Frog eyed salad and Mormon Funeral Potatoes should be made National Treasures !

🙃

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 5/19/2023 at 7:46 AM, Bob said:

And the CRUMBL (why not call it Crumble?) cookies I give a 4/10. I don't want a cookie that's the size of your head and costs $9

I made the mistake of taking my 4-year-old to that place. They got him hooked. He’s like a little dopefiend now constantly trying to get his “kwumbo” fix. 

On 5/19/2023 at 8:54 AM, Spaztecs said:

Wut ?

Frog eyed salad and Mormon Funeral Potatoes should be made National Treasures !

🙃

Forget the frog salad. But I will take some relief society funeral potatoes anytime. 

You have clearly never been to the Red Iguana

5809184128_5cf90ed7dc_b.jpg

On 5/19/2023 at 8:51 AM, Wyobraska said:

If you are ever in Utah do not be tricked by the good reviews for Moe's Southwest Grill.  

There's one in Casper at that big truck stop off of Hat Six Road.  I was not impressed.

Gannett_2.jpg.404db0bd7deb615b1ec5699694fae130.jpg

Clearly you’ve never done SLC with me. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

For all things food related in SLC please send inquiries here. I am the foremost expert in good food here. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

On 5/18/2023 at 9:37 PM, bornontheblue said:

Like seriously, they think it is 5 star cuisine. It's fine, and not great just fine. Actually Chipotle is way better. 

Add to that the cookie and soda shops

Here’s my theory on Mormons and food. Mormons are not allowed the traditional alcohol vice so they fill it with sugary foods in large quantities: Cafe Rio pork, Crumbl, Soda shops. 

On 5/19/2023 at 9:55 AM, WYO1016 said:

You have clearly never been to the Red Iguana

Very clear. In Vegas, when you order food with Uber Eats, you can also get a big bag of yeyo, a lap dance, a blow job, an STD and $50 to any bingo room on the strip on the same order.