Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

son of a gun

NETFLIX and Jada Smith present: Cleopatra, their opinion is more important than history!

On 5/21/2023 at 8:42 PM, AztecSU said:

There is a lot of racism and colorism in the black community, no doubt. I experienced it directly in Georgia, because I have a light complexion, but more so because I have “good hair”. But it’s pretty clear to me where this was learned and why it’s still happening. There are no innocent parties here, but some folks ancestors didn’t have a choice in the matter of getting tied into this evil karma. 

Jada can pretty much +++++ off and die as far as I am concerned...she is total waste of oxygen.  She has used her influence to perpetuate the worst stereotypes of black women, getting gang bang by her sons friends, playing the victim, creating a fan fiction of Cleopatra.....just +++++ that bitch....

On 5/21/2023 at 6:11 PM, VandalPride97 said:

JFC, put it back in the deck.  No one really gives a damn what color skin she had other than you and the people who ruined what could have been a great documentary.

And the people who have been arguing about it on these very pages for weeks...

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 5/21/2023 at 6:38 PM, AztecSU said:

Come on guys. Why do you think black families might have told their children a black queen existed at the top of one of the most well know kingdoms that existed on the African continent? Is it historically in accurate and should this “documentary” have gone another casting direction, absolutely. But there is a reason most of you don’t get it, because you didn’t have to search hard for uplifting stories about your people.

Also, I thought Jesus really lived? So clearly some of you are applying a double standard here.

Good point and thank you for the persecutive enlargement.

I said perspective enlargement, ya fruit. :foottap:

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

On 5/20/2023 at 8:58 AM, madmartigan said:

Man you're really doubling down on this. Documentaries are supposed to be mostly historically accurate. The good ones either don't have an agenda or at least try to hide it. This one was so inaccurate calling it historical fiction would be a stretch. It's not just the racial background of Cleopatra, it's a myriad of issues already addressed by other posters. Not sure why you're dying on this hill. none of the above posters care at all about the race thing, they thought this was a good opportunity to cover an interesting topic in an interesting time in a historically accurate way- missed opportunity. 

Ahhh.

Yep 

Let's just go back to the days when whitey played all the roles, then everyone can be happy.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 5/23/2023 at 7:31 AM, Spaztecs said:

Ahhh.

Yep 

Let's just go back to the days when whitey played all the roles, then everyone can be happy.

This is a really  dumb response and not even remotely close to anything I or anyone else has been saying here. I can see you've dug your feet in here- no further engagement needed. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

On 5/23/2023 at 8:17 AM, madmartigan said:

This is a really  dumb response and not even remotely close to anything I or anyone else has been saying here. I can see you've dug your feet in here- no further engagement needed. 

this whole argument has been bullshit

is a human being playing the part?

is the Cleo being portrayed as a woman, by a woman?

why the hell does anything else matter?

On 5/23/2023 at 8:52 AM, SAMO said:

NGL I’ll give it a shot…I’ve always been a huge fan of “blackula” after all…lol

Omg dude if you haven't watched Solomon King you're missing out on life. Written by the same cat who stars in it, it's like blaxsploitation meets an teenage dude's fever dream. So fn good for the genre... 

So I guess what I'm saying is I'd be more inclined to watch it if JPS sported a vintage fro and bellbottoms? :shrug: Idk what I'm saying... other than Solomon King is the tits. 

On 5/23/2023 at 9:49 AM, renoskier said:

this whole argument has been bullshit

is a human being playing the part?

is the Cleo being portrayed as a woman, by a woman?

why the hell does anything else matter?

Ask the Parties in Egypt and Greece that are suing...Ask the historians and foremost Egyptologists who have been so critical

Why does anything in history matter?  If there was a documentary about Chief Joseph played by a Korean, that would be pretty +++++ing dumb and draw critiques from historians.   It's woke far left activism pretending to be History.  That's pretty much the cut and dry of it.  "Black women are fierce and strong, look at Black Cleoptra's sword skills.  This is absolutely history!!"

If you don't get why completely fabricating history because you have an agenda is a problem I don't know what to tell ya

On 5/23/2023 at 1:17 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Ask the Parties in Egypt and Greece that are suing...Ask the historians and foremost Egyptologists who have been critiques. 

Why does anything in history matter?  If there was a documentary about Chief Joseph played by a Korean, that would be pretty +++++ing dumb and draw critiques from historians.   It's woke far left activism pretending to be History.  That's pretty much the cut and dry of it.  "Black women are fierce and strong, look at Black Cleoptra's sword skills!!"

If you don't get why completely fabricating history because you have an agenda is a problem I don't know what to tell ya

All I know is Jada hasn't been discussed this much for her involvement in a movie since Demon Knight.  

On 5/23/2023 at 1:54 PM, East Coast Aztec said:

All I know is Jada hasn't been discussed this much for her involvement in a movie since Demon Knight.  

She was so hot in those shitty Matrix flankers and pretty much every movie she was in dating back to Menace II Society. And real talk? She's still fine. IMO the sign of a truly beautiful woman is the ability to still look attractive w/o hair. And she does.

Kinda puts off a mean-hearted woman vibe tho... :ph34r:

On 5/25/2023 at 3:38 PM, East Coast Aztec said:

If they make John Smith black, will they actually tell the real story so they can teach what actually happened without fear of it being called "woke CRT"?

Its honestly surprising that Disney hasn't done a remake of Pocahontus. Of all the Renaissance films, that one could use a remake.