Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

son of a gun

NETFLIX and Jada Smith present: Cleopatra, their opinion is more important than history!

On 5/17/2023 at 1:29 PM, RSF said:

and-here-we-go-meme.jpeg

Right?  It's +++++ing crazy the way this board works.  When somebody clearly far more educated on a subject corrects somebody else they throw a fit and just double down on their own embarrassing lack of knowledge on the subject...Sactown is a pro at this

On 5/17/2023 at 2:46 PM, misplacedcowboy said:

As a  blonde-hair, blue-eyed guy who is 1/16 black, I feel seen... lol

But at least I can get a tan really easily

Right?  Documentaries are when it starts to cross a line...Documented history is that Cleoptra was not black....  It's a lie, a known lie, presenting itself as history to appeal to the far left....

On 5/17/2023 at 2:01 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Right?  Documentaries are when it starts to cross a line...Documented history is that Cleoptra was not black....  It's a lie, a known lie, presenting itself as history to appeal to the far left....

Is it far left, or just some black folks who are not familiar with the history of certain sections of Africa?  Jada is no anthropologist and I am guessing she wasn't hiring those who have proofed the research already done in the region.

It's the Jesus skin color again.  

On 5/17/2023 at 4:09 PM, East Coast Aztec said:

Is it far left, or just some black folks who are not familiar with the history of certain sections of Africa?  Jada is no anthropologist and I am guessing she wasn't hiring those who have proofed the research already done in the region.

Buddy Jesus is kinda swarthy....

300px-Buddy_christ.jpg

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 5/17/2023 at 3:09 PM, East Coast Aztec said:

Well I mean this was an expensive production labeled as a documentary.  The Black Cleoptra theory is about as nonsensical as the "actually the real Vikings were black" shit that popped up in the late aughts, the "real Jews were black, todays Jews are not actually a tribe if Israel" but those things never made it into a high profile documentary on the largest streaming service....

It's just dumb and the only folks defending it are on the far left side of the political spectrum, white or black.

On 5/17/2023 at 2:18 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Well I mean this was an expensive production labeled as a documentary.  The Black Cleoptra theory is about as nonsensical as the "actually the real Vikings were black" shit that popped up in the late aughts, the "real Jews were black, todays Jews are not actually a tribe if Israel" but those things never made it into a high profile documentary on the largest streaming service....

It's just dumb and the only folks defending it are on the far left side of the political spectrum, white or black.

Has Ye issued a statement yet?  :ph34r:

On 5/18/2023 at 7:43 PM, soupslam1 said:

I want to see a Babe Ruth Story remake with a black Bill Bendix. 

Lol

https://medium.com/buzzer-beater/was-babe-ruth-black-6a4f3cf9188

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-xpm-2001-05-13-0105130255-story.html

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 5/18/2023 at 5:49 PM, RSF said:

“You know who else’s mother was rumored to be unfaithful: Ty Cobb. Could Ty Cobb be black?”

”By god, I need 500 words on it by tomorrow morning.”

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

On 5/18/2023 at 9:30 PM, thelawlorfaithful said:

“You know who else’s mother was rumored to be unfaithful: Ty Cobb. Could Ty Cobb be black?”

”By god, I need 500 words on it by tomorrow morning.”

The Ruth story isn't exactly breaking news.  Been around a long time.  Guess I'm the only one who's heard it (or read the article).