Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

Pokes........Tacos.........Tuesday...........Trademark

In 2019, Los Angeles Lakers basketball player LeBron James began sharing social media posts on Instagram about his family's weekly taco dinners dubbed "Taco Tuesdays". Through shell company LBJ Trademarks LLC, he filed a trademark on the term "Taco Tuesday" for use in downloadable audio/visual works, podcasts, social media, online marketing, and entertainment services.[5] The request was denied by the United States Patent and Trademark Office, stating that Taco Tuesday was "a commonplace term, message or expression widely used by a variety of sources that merely conveys an ordinary, familiar, well-recognized concept or sentiment."[6]

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 5/16/2023 at 4:52 PM, grandjean87 said:

Taco John's in Rawlins is a little slice of heaven!

Sharing a six-pack and a pound then walking across the street to watch a football game is how I met my wife. TJ's will always hold a special place in my heart

On 5/17/2023 at 6:29 AM, misplacedcowboy said:

Sharing a six-pack and a pound then walking across the street to watch a football game is how I met my wife. TJ's will always hold a special place in my heart

Taco Bell is weak compared to TJ.  the oles....

And they all suck compared to Torchy's.

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 5/17/2023 at 8:27 PM, East Coast Aztec said:

And that sucks compared to a street taco at a random Tijuana vendor

If you don't mind the occasional cat, dog, or vermin taco.

On 5/17/2023 at 9:27 PM, East Coast Aztec said:

I was in Sandy Eggo last month to help my Mom move. I don't know how many times that week we would walk into some shit hole Mexican restaraunt, in a shitty strip mall, next to the Transient Motel, and the food was............

D I V I N E

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 5/17/2023 at 10:27 PM, East Coast Aztec said:

Any of those guys own a chain?

On 5/17/2023 at 10:27 PM, East Coast Aztec said:

There has been a taco truck near me that piqued my interest based solely on their trailer marquee sign that simply said "24 open tacos". I finally had to stop and their tacos are amazing. There's a reason why that truck has been there for 20 years. There's a taco truck near me now that's the same way....amazing stuff. 

That being said, there are strata's of taco places. Taco Johns/Del Taco/Taco Time/Taco Bell are not the same category as Torchy's or Velvet Taco (both of which are certainly better than the previous taco slingers). Indy taco stands and trucks are a third strata. And Taco Bell is doing this for the greater good and not seeking $. Liberate Taco Tuesday!!

On 5/18/2023 at 9:21 AM, Slapdad said:

There has been a taco truck near me that piqued my interest based solely on their trailer marquee sign that simply said "24 open tacos". I finally had to stop and their tacos are amazing. There's a reason why that truck has been there for 20 years. There's a taco truck near me now that's the same way....amazing stuff. 

That being said, there are strata's of taco places. Taco Johns/Del Taco/Taco Time/Taco Bell are not the same category as Torchy's or Velvet Taco (both of which are certainly better than the previous taco slingers). Indy taco stands and trucks are a third strata. And Taco Bell is doing this for the greater good and not seeking $. Liberate Taco Tuesday!!

I have not been to Torchy's but have heard of them.  Looks like there is one in Raleigh, so I may check them out when I am there this fall. 

But nothing hits like a street vendor taco.

On 5/18/2023 at 10:21 AM, Slapdad said:

Basilios tacos is a truck near my home that has been a staple of South Boise.  Ran by a short fat Mexican man who speaks very limited English and you never know when they will be open.

On 5/18/2023 at 3:25 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Basilios tacos is a truck near my home that has been a staple of South Boise.  Ran by a short fat Mexican man who speaks very limited English and you never know when they will be open.

You need a truck that's "24 Open Tacos"! They never close. 🤣

On 5/18/2023 at 12:13 PM, East Coast Aztec said:

I have not been to Torchy's but have heard of them.  Looks like there is one in Raleigh, so I may check them out when I am there this fall. 

But nothing hits like a street vendor taco.

Torchy's (and Velvet Taco and others) are totally different tacos than the street taco. Torchy's makes eclectic tacos with crazy sauces. They have the Trailer Trash (order it extra trashy) and the Democrat as well as the Republican, all of which deserved to be mentioned on the OT board. 

On 5/18/2023 at 2:25 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

The best thing Nampa had going for them (birria truck) will be opening a brick and mortar in Boise sometime this year. Believe it's somewhere off the Overland/Cole area. Those quesabirrias are legendary.

Ran by a couple from Mexico City