Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

madmartigan

Draft Kings Win total O/U for MW football

Would have a hard time betting against a lot of these. USU isn't getting six wins IMO, but Nevada at 2.5 is free money on the over. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

On 5/16/2023 at 9:24 AM, madmartigan said:

Would have a hard time betting against a lot of these. USU isn't getting six wins IMO, but Nevada at 2.5 is free money on the over. 

I don't know about Nevada.  A lot of question marks still.  They have Idaho and Texas State but every game besides those two are either a loss or a toss up.  

I've mentioned it the last few years. The MWC really needs to get some teams consistently in the T25 each year. IMO, in 2021 Fresno deserved to be ranked. 2022, Boise and AFA. 

But I think there is some progress. Boise seems to have it rolling with Greene and I'll never count out Tedford from a 10 win season. 

On 5/16/2023 at 11:15 AM, utenation said:

I've mentioned it the last few years. The MWC really needs to get some teams consistently in the T25 each year. IMO, in 2021 Fresno deserved to be ranked. 2022, Boise and AFA. 

But I think there is some progress. Boise seems to have it rolling with Greene and I'll never count out Tedford from a 10 win season. 

Not sure how other MW programs are faring transfer portal wise, but USU was gutted mostly on defense. 7 or so defensive starters from last year transferred. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

On 5/16/2023 at 11:08 AM, madmartigan said:

Not sure how other MW programs are faring transfer portal wise, but USU was gutted mostly on defense. 7 or so defensive starters from last year transferred. 

Who did you guys bring in from the portal?

On 5/16/2023 at 9:51 AM, Wyobraska said:

I don't know about Nevada.  A lot of question marks still.  They have Idaho and Texas State but every game besides those two are either a loss or a toss up.  

Um, no. We’ll be in the following 9 games, below. And SDSU and Fresno will be a bit down, so I wouldn’t call those sure losses. The only sure loss on the schedule is @ USC. This is one of our easiest schedules in quite a while. 

Our #1 and #2 QB’s, Lewis and Bianco, are light years ahead of the disastrous Illingworth and Cox last year. 

Both Bianco and Lewis can run. I’d put Lewis between Kap and Fajardo in terms of running ability. That alone will make the offense better than last year. We also have real talent at WR & TE again after missing it last year. 

Defense will be pretty solid. We likely have the best LB core in the MWC, especially with studs Jackson and LaDuke coming in from Oregon. 

C30D0772-6F4A-4619-B1BD-63E5884E85B8.jpeg.0bebfe569294d4a97996c788d9286bac.jpeg

I think we win 6, maybe 7. Worst case 5. 

Kansas
Idaho
@ Texas St. 
UNLV
New Mexico
Hawaii
@ Utah St.
@ CSU
Wyoming

63E1F022-EA62-4567-8619-0D069FB8A996.jpeg.fe81ab3df46318cbab41a6e29afc8a36.jpeg9163F349-E47A-4341-924D-40AE99409BC4.jpeg.266bbf8a7338af680f0b2475de68783c.jpeg

kat.jpg

On 5/16/2023 at 10:15 AM, utenation said:

Boise seems to have it rolling with Greene and I'll never count out Tedford from a 10 win season. 

I’m less confident than most years. Defense looks pretty average. OL still a huge question mark.

I’d take the under if I had to bet this. 

On 5/17/2023 at 12:09 AM, bsu_alum9 said:

I’m less confident than most years. Defense looks pretty average. OL still a huge question mark.

You lost a lot from last years d no? 

On 5/17/2023 at 12:09 AM, bsu_alum9 said:

You guys know much more than I do about BSU.  A top shelf QB can cover up a lot of holes but if he doesn’t have an OL, could be tough sledding. 

On 5/17/2023 at 10:38 AM, Nevada Convert said:

Did we change scheduling so we don’t play everyone in our division? I didn’t hear about that. We don’t play SJSU this year. Weird. 

There are no more divisions. 

On 5/16/2023 at 8:20 PM, Fowl said:

Who did you guys bring in from the portal?

We filled the holes with JC (the D looks like a JC all star team) and a few transfers that didn't see time at P5s. We've had success with this model under Anderson (see 2021), but to count on it every year panning out is foolish. 

I would bet the under on Wyoming. I think 6 wins is where they will end up at.

Bet the under on CSU. The cocksuckers will suck, yet again.

Utah shart always exceeds expectations in every sport, every year, seemingly. Bet the over

On 5/17/2023 at 9:38 AM, Nevada Convert said:

Did we change scheduling so we don’t play everyone in our division? I didn’t hear about that. We don’t play SJSU this year. Weird. 

I'm not happy about losing my biannual excuse for a Reno trip either.

Alan Tudyk Dancing GIF by DOOM PATROL

On 5/17/2023 at 8:12 AM, madmartigan said:

You lost a lot from last years d no? 

4 NFL caliber dudes (3 from secondary). I still expect the front 6 to be solid. And there certainly is potential in the secondary with transfer portal and Juco guys coming in. It just seems more uncertain than years past. And less depth all around so I worry about that late in the season. But there’s also one of the toughest non-con slates in team history to start the year off.