Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gonzagafan2021

Big Ten has already invited Oregon and Washington

The B1G is just as cutthroat and dirty as B1G Oil, GM, and others.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

welcome to 8 hrs ago...

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 5/11/2023 at 3:53 PM, Gonzagafan2021 said:

Dumb.  If B1G were concerned about those optics, they wouldn't have grabbed USC and UCLA.

Not saying it won't happen at some point, I'm saying it hasn't happened at this point.  McMurphy needs to switch to the Weather Channel where nobody takes you seriously and couldn't give a crap when you're wrong.

On 5/11/2023 at 3:24 PM, Headbutt said:

Dumb.  If B1G were concerned about those optics, they wouldn't have grabbed USC and UCLA.

It's not at all the same. Taking 2 from the Pac-12 may hurt it, but it doesn't kill it. Taking UW and Oregon means they would have taken the top four schools. That's a big difference. 

With those four gone it would also likely push some schools to the Big12, ending the Pac-12. 

On 5/11/2023 at 3:24 PM, Headbutt said:

It's not at all the same. Taking 2 from the Pac-12 may hurt it, but it doesn't kill it. Taking UW and Oregon means they would have taken the top four schools. That's a big difference. 

With those four gone it would also likely push some schools to the Big12, ending the Pac-12. 

On 5/11/2023 at 6:58 PM, Dogday63 said:

If the UW and Oregon leave, the PAC-12 is done. And it wouldn’t even be close. Adding two G5 schools or going with 8 won’t get them anywhere near B-12 money. I could see CAL and Stanford go independent hoping for a P5 spot eventually. 

kat.jpg

On 5/11/2023 at 3:09 PM, Spaztecs said:

The B1G is just as cutthroat and dirty as B1G Oil, GM, and others.

What’s wrong with big oil? Life would suck donkey balls without it.  Better than big tech who spies on me 24/7, even know when I take a crap.

110926run_defense710.jpg

On 5/12/2023 at 7:39 AM, Nevada Convert said:

If the UW and Oregon leave, the PAC-12 is done. And it wouldn’t even be close. Adding two G5 schools or going with 8 won’t get them anywhere near B-12 money. I could see CAL and Stanford go independent hoping for a P5 spot eventually. 

The PAC won’t be done, but I agree that they won’t get Big 12 money.

On 5/11/2023 at 2:53 PM, Gonzagafan2021 said:

william-shatner-yelling-that-is-so-stupid-yihdmbxq852qf9ct.gif.016c26c5551dbf0d62803ad8024a40a8.gif

FGS.gif.c9468bfccce547bc0afd3eb128288316.gif

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

On 5/12/2023 at 12:11 PM, RamSack said:

The PAC won’t be done, but I agree that they won’t get Big 12 money.

You still have both Arizona schools, Stanford and Cal. I know Cal has been shit but Stanford is about as prestigious as it comes and Utah has become a pretty solid program in football. Maybe Primetime can turn Colorado around but unfortunately for any of those schools people across the country aren't clamoring to stay up till midnight to watch them on a Saturday night. 

I'm sure whatever is left over from the B12 is a bit disappointed they jumped the gun and added what they did... no offense to Houston, UCF or Cincinnati but I would imagine Ok State and Kansas would prefer games with Stanford and ASU as opposed to BYU and Houston  

I can't sing and I can't dance but I can make romance - Macho Man Randy Savage

On 5/12/2023 at 7:41 PM, just_chris said:

I'm sure whatever is left over from the B12 is a bit disappointed they jumped the gun and added what they did... no offense to Houston, UCF or Cincinnati but I would imagine Ok State and Kansas would prefer games with Stanford and ASU as opposed to BYU and Houston  

Didn't jump the gun.  Timing dictated a move.  Pac 12 is in this jam in part because Yormark moved fast.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 5/11/2023 at 6:24 PM, Headbutt said:

Not saying it won't happen at some point, I'm saying it hasn't happened at this point.  McMurphy needs to switch to the Weather Channel where nobody takes you seriously and couldn't give a crap when you're wrong.

He was run out of Tampa for his bad takes and poor behavior at media functions.  Surprised he’s hung on as long as he has.

IF this is true (a big IF) I'm expecting this to be the body blow for the PAC12 that takes it down. Would probably have the following occur:

-4 Corners go to the Big12 making it the Big16 (as they're open to rebranding the name)

-Cal and Stanford go Independent 

-OSU and WSU merge with the MWC creating a 14 team league.

On 5/12/2023 at 7:11 PM, RSF said:

Didn't jump the gun.  Timing dictated a move.  Pac 12 is in this jam in part because Yormark moved fast.

Sure you did.  You are stuck with absolute trash like UCF and Houston forever.   Sign a deal without that trash.