Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eat_Your_Dried_Fruits

Fresno State releases $250 million dollar renovation plans

On 5/9/2023 at 10:46 PM, FresnoFacts said:

My understanding is the $1.5 million is paying for the renovation of the east side suites currently underway.

New leases will then be signed for those suites with that revenue and other donations paying for the next phase of renovations in the north end zone:

Fresno State will start its overhaul of its athletics facilities with a renovation of the suites on the east side of Valley Children’s Stadium. But when will the majority of the Bulldogs’ fan base see the benefits of an ambitious plan that has been pegged at $250 million and was unveiled on Tuesday by athletics director Terry Tumey?

The goal is the start of the 2024 season with the potential for new premium seating, concessions stands, restrooms, a video board and a plaza that extends to Barstow Avenue that is targeted for the north end of the venue.

Plans and design are fluid, and that next phase will require approval of the California State University system. But Fresno State fans in that north end zone could have access to premium amenities that have become common at other sports venues — seat-side food and drink service, enhanced wireless access.

And, a funding model is in place with that phase of the project to be paid for through private donations, corporate partnerships and from revenue that will be generated by leases on the suites that will be renovated in July.

https://www.fresnobee.com/sports/college/mountain-west/fresno-state/article275226246.html

Nice renovation pics, one suggestion.  Any chance you can rename the adjacent street?  Nothing screams god forsaken hell hole like "Barstow".  How about Aaron Judge Ave or Davante Adams Dr?

On 5/10/2023 at 4:33 PM, utenation said:

You guys crack me up. Seriously thank you.  Fresno or other schools can’t build a stadium without a board fist fight.

Some of these Cali fan fights are salty. Love it.  

Common cause, it's our duty to hate on Fresno. They're also walking around with their chest puffed out talking about the B12, when in reality they don't have the money to build the whole thing...the new watercolors are to drum up interest. They're hedging their bets since the first tax measure didn't pass and there are plans for another.

On 5/10/2023 at 4:18 PM, King Spartan said:

Yeah, your cow college really moves the TV needle. 

Lol. This post just screams how KingShartan knows how irrelevant sjsu is. 

On 5/10/2023 at 7:22 PM, idkk said:

Common cause, it's our duty to hate on Fresno. They're also walking around with their chest puffed out talking about the B12, when in reality they don't have the money to build the whole thing...the new watercolors are to drum up interest. They're hedging their bets since the first tax measure didn't pass and there are plans for another.

I love this bitterness. This is the moment idk realizes what an afterthought sjsu is. 

On 5/10/2023 at 7:30 PM, Super six said:

image.png.b8ea60deb15805f0d8422a841e7a504d.png

Wait, their actual plan is to ask for a larger tax increase and for a longer time period? What makes them think that has any chance of passing when a lesser amount couldn't even gain the requisite support. Someone is really drinking the Koolaid on this. 

On 5/10/2023 at 7:22 PM, idkk said:

Man, the scars in this post. Every word screams deep, deep, painful wounds. Love it! 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

On 5/10/2023 at 3:32 PM, utenation said:

I was looking for UNLV's funding plan for The Raider's stadium and I read UNLV didn't come up with a dime to pay for that stadium.  It was all the NFL, the Raiders and visiting tourism tax that are paying for the digs.

Must be nice to throw nothing in,  just pay some rent and collect gameday revenues and change out the velcro UNLV signs/logos each week.

It’s working well for usf in Tampa. /s

On 5/10/2023 at 9:17 PM, TheTedfordTrain said:

Man, the scars in this post. Every word screams deep, deep, painful wounds. Love it! 

Point out the lies. You guys are hoping taxpayers will foot the bill and this roll out is in anticipation of the new version of the measure coming out (details posted above, it's somehow worse than the previous one and even more likely to fail). Having $1.5M in the bank is long way from doing any significant upgrades. Your admin is posturing or else they would go to the CSU board ASAP to get the whole thing approved.

On 5/10/2023 at 10:28 PM, idkk said:

Point out the lies. You guys are hoping taxpayers will foot the bill and this roll out is in anticipation of the new version of the measure coming out (details posted above, it's somehow worse than the previous one and even more likely to fail). Having $1.5M in the bank is long way from doing any significant upgrades. Your admin is posturing or else they would go to the CSU board ASAP to get the whole thing approved.

IMG_9832.webp

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

On 5/9/2023 at 9:48 AM, ---I GREEN INFECTION I--- said:

Los 'dawgs have had "plans" before, followed by nothing.  Wake me up when they announce funding for the largest lipstick on a big project in MWC history...

On 5/9/2023 at 10:04 AM, Eat_Your_Dried_Fruits said:

$250 million across the entire athletic department. 

Cool...how much of the $1/4-billion is funded?  How much of the funding is coming from the 2010 welfare fraud scam as many as 2-dozen CSU-FresNo football players were running?

What happened when AD Bartko announced plans for a $40mm upgrade to the football stadium in 2016?  How much of that money was raise?  How much work was done on that project?  Can we see some pics of the finished product?

The 'dawg A-Dept showed a slick video in 2009 of the athletic training facilities that was to be built with $8mm of a $10mm gift from from form player Alponso Bigelow.  The additional $2mm was to go to player scholarships.  How much of that money every showed up?  Can you post some images of that facility for us?

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sdut-fresno-st-football-players-tied-to-welfare-fraud-2011sep09-story.html

https://abc30.com/archive/7414422/

On 5/9/2023 at 2:35 PM, East Coast Aztec said:

I think it said 1.5M from private donations so far in the Phase 1 portion (guessing feasibility, design and fundraising), but they are hoping for mostly private

https://abc30.com/fresno-state-elevate-campaign-athletics-programs-renovations-250-million-needed/13227271/

With all of the different aspects in their plan, I am wondering if they are prioritizing fundraising programs/facilitiesin a specific manner, or if they are throwing all of the funds raised in a pot and rack-and-stacking projects based on how much they get.

Either way, hope it works out for them.

So they've raised $1.5mm, or 0.6% of the $250mm needed?  

Where did you get that figure?  It's not in the article you linked.

In your link, the CSU-FresNo president said:

"The extent of our facilities upgrades is dependent upon securing the necessary funding,"  "This type of investment in Fresno State's future opens the doors to limitless opportunities for the university, on and off the court, as well as our entire region."

There's ZERO info in your link on how much as been raised.

On 5/9/2023 at 7:25 PM, trvitmvnz said:

Very nice. Congrats to the Dogs 

What are you congratulating them on?  The only thing they have done is announce a fund raising goal.

On 5/9/2023 at 7:49 PM, lobo-tomy said:

Seriously though,  congrats fresno fans, you've earned the upgrades with your strong support. 👍

What exactly have they earned?  How do you, earn the right to announce a fund raising goal?

On 5/9/2023 at 8:44 PM, Super six said:

Poor Boise. I’m starting to feel bad for them they're going to be left behind.

How does announcing a fund raising goal leave boise cc behind?

On 5/9/2023 at 10:14 AM, utenation said:

@retrofade, @FresnoFacts , @SAMO and the other Fresno fans. This looks very nice. Congrats. Looks like the funding is solid right now too.

image.png.57cee9066a43bdc9d59b7c704ddd9998.png

image.png

Where are you getting your info that "...the funding is solid right now too?"

They are hoping to do a project next summer that is 0.6% of the $250mm recently announced

There has been nothing posted here in this thread that suggest they have solid funding.  Source pls...

On 5/9/2023 at 11:08 AM, TheTedfordTrain said:

Which is precisely why the announcement of this project was delayed and delayed. They wanted to be absolutely sure the funding was solid and it was definitely happening. 

Pls show me something posted here that backs up your statement that "funding...(is) solid, and it...(is) definitely happening."

Everything I've seen so far is talk about fund raising.  Where is this solid funding you are eluding to?

On 5/9/2023 at 11:11 AM, Dogs4Me said:

You should just change your name to GreenEnvy.

Let's see.  We have a brand new $223mm stadium, yet I should be envious about a $250mm fund raising goal?

How much has been raised so far?

How much was work was done when y'all announced your $40mm renovation goal in 2016?

How much of the $8mm facility was built y'all announced in 2008?

How did that ballot initiative wrk out for y'all last yr?

How exactly is one envious of a long line of failed fund raising campaigns & losing ballot initiatives?

On 5/11/2023 at 6:09 AM, ---I GREEN INFECTION I--- said:

Let's see.  We have a brand new $223mm stadium, yet I should be envious about a $250mm fund raising goal?

How much has been raised so far?

How much was work was done when y'all announced your $40mm renovation goal in 2016?

How much of the $8mm facility was built y'all announced in 2008?

How did that ballot initiative wrk out for y'all last yr?

How exactly is one envious of a long line of failed fund raising campaigns & losing ballot initiatives?

For someone that’s not jealous, you seem heavily invested…

GreenEnvy is going to stick…

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg