Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FresnoFacts

Texas Outlet Mall Mass Shooting

On 5/8/2023 at 4:34 PM, renoskier said:

lol...just 4?

shit, I've got twice that many in my garage but only use 1...just never know quite what to do with the old ones

Actually five. Two pair of Tellies and two Alpine. One pair of which are unmounted. And a set of old wood skis which I will never find shoes for.

For a guy that skis as much as I do and for as long as I have, you'd think I could lay them out on the sidewalks, driveway, and roof.

I usually donate my old ones to the Thrift Shop.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 5/8/2023 at 5:34 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Well it's pretty much common sense.  If multiple people break into your home a semi automatic means a good chance of living.  A blot action means much more likely death.  That's why someone would need one.  The same reasons that make them deadlier in homicides make them more likely to save your life in self defense.

In a small space and restricted environment like your home and an encounter likely to be at close range, a handgun seems like it would be far more effective.

Americans Mayor

On 5/9/2023 at 1:22 PM, MetropolitanCowboy said:

Won’t happen after the Bruen decision, unless there’s some precedent for it back in 1783. 

Isn’t Bruen more about concealed carry? Washington State just banned AR and AK style weapons a couple weeks ago. 9 other State’s have similar laws.

If they overturn those do they overturn the 1986 law?  I sure could use a .50 cal machine gun mounted on top of my Jeep. 

On 5/8/2023 at 5:49 PM, AztecSU said:

Uh oh @Bob

Everytime I see these graphs showing Red/Blue Counties and States and their outcomes, longevity, health, education, income, and other data points, it amazes me that those Red Counties don't aspire to be more like their Blue counterparts who have better outcomes.

Instead, they engage in a Culture War to make everyone else come down to their level.

Americans Mayor

On 5/9/2023 at 8:20 PM, Spaztecs said:

Everytime I see these graphs showing Red/Blue Counties and States and their outcomes, longevity, health, education, income, and other data points, it amazes me that those Red Counties don't aspire to be more like their Blue counterparts who have better outcomes.

Instead, they engage in a Culture War to make everyone else come down to their level.

Preach it, brother. You’re like the white MLK of our time! ❤️❤️❤️

kat.jpg

On 5/9/2023 at 9:05 PM, Spaztecs said:

In a small space and restricted environment like your home and an encounter likely to be at close range, a handgun seems like it would be far more effective.

Glad you agree...we are talking about semi automatic handguns for self defense.  Not sure you picked up on that.

On 5/9/2023 at 9:20 PM, Spaztecs said:

It has nothing to do with left or right. You ever been down south and see how they eat and the number of obese?

On 5/9/2023 at 11:18 PM, bsu_alum9 said:

Isn’t Bruen more about concealed carry? Washington State just banned AR and AK style weapons a couple weeks ago. 9 other State’s have similar laws.

If they overturn those do they overturn the 1986 law?  I sure could use a .50 cal machine gun mounted on top of my Jeep. 

No, it’s all firearms. The previous 2 (Heller & McDonald) dealt with handguns; Bruen enshrined the 2A as basically the one amendment to rule them all. 

Basically, it’s that gun laws regulating conduct protected by the Second Amendment are constitutional only if they have a parallel to the firearm measures in place at the time of the Constitution's framing.

I think it’s an asinine standard personally, and I’m probably as pro-2A as they come. 

On 5/10/2023 at 12:54 AM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Glad you agree...we are talking about semi automatic handguns for self defense.  Not sure you picked up on that.

Gee, really ?

Pick Up Hello GIF by The Drew Barrymore Show

Americans Mayor

On 5/10/2023 at 8:20 AM, MetropolitanCowboy said:

No, it’s all firearms. The previous 2 (Heller & McDonald) dealt with handguns; Bruen enshrined the 2A as basically the one amendment to rule them all. 

Basically, it’s that gun laws regulating conduct protected by the Second Amendment are constitutional only if they have a parallel to the firearm measures in place at the time of the Constitution's framing.

I think it’s an asinine standard personally, and I’m probably as pro-2A as they come. 

You just don’t want me to own a nuclear submarine.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

On 5/10/2023 at 12:03 PM, thelawlorfaithful said:

You just don’t want me to own a nuclear submarine.

I’d own a tank if I could…I actually agreed that the “may issue” CCPs were unconstitutional, but I thought their reasoning with the “history only” standard was retarded, it’s so…subjective. 

Same with the praying coach, I abhor religion, but I thought he got railroaded. I agreed with the ultimate conclusion, but again, using it to kill the Lemon Test was too far for my liking. 

On 5/10/2023 at 5:09 PM, MetropolitanCowboy said:

I’d own a tank if I could…I actually agreed that the “may issue” CCPs were unconstitutional, but I thought their reasoning with the “history only” standard was retarded, it’s so…subjective. 

Same with the praying coach, I abhor religion, but I thought he got railroaded. I agreed with the ultimate conclusion, but again, using it to kill the Lemon Test was too far for my liking. 

http://www.exarmyvehicles.com

Stash it in Costa Rica and go drive it on weekends. ;)

On 5/10/2023 at 5:09 PM, MetropolitanCowboy said:

I think they got Heller/Macdonald wrong even though I agree with the outcome. The reasoning matters. Shaky foundations lead to bad laws.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.