Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

son of a gun

The old "family portrait" of the WAC

WAC actually started with 6 schools in 1962.

Arizona, Arizona State, BYU, Utah, Wyoming, New Mexico. 

Also a "best" of the WAC would be a pretty solid conference. Personally I would go with

Arizona/Arizona State

Fresno/SDSU

BYU/Utah

TCU/SMU

Colorado State/Boise

Hawaii/UNLV

uEtVnDC.png

ytS7H.jpeg

SECFamily.jpg

2aa3ffada9f9f71cb34bfdf9b68a9040.jpg

W-ilOMXyE3MC7sWZadUSc2UI5d6kL_yU6W6i_ae5Aik.jpg?auto=webp&s=fb2818305891067d075c467b9df2a8420e6d6034

6102025718_902f5f59bd_b.jpg

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 5/3/2023 at 10:34 AM, AztecSU said:

The depiction of OU is throwing me for a loop...isn't Sooner a "Claim Jumper"? Why is he wearing a headdress? 

Could be a nod to Oklahoma being "Indian Territory" ........for a long time OK was a territory

image.png

On 5/3/2023 at 9:36 AM, son of a gun said:

Thanks to Mr. T of Wyonation, this has finally been found! Just, remember it was made in the 60s or 70s, hence the depiction of the Ute mascot.

Just an interesting bit of history.

Fck the old guard. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

On 5/3/2023 at 3:12 PM, TheTedfordTrain said:

Fck the old guard. 

mqdefault.jpg

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 5/3/2023 at 10:36 AM, son of a gun said:

Thanks to Mr. T of Wyonation, this has finally been found! Just, remember it was made in the 60s or 70s, hence the depiction of the Ute mascot.

Why include the Lammies and Minors?

You keep using that word. I do not think that word means what you think it means.

On 5/3/2023 at 11:34 AM, AztecSU said:

The depiction of OU is throwing me for a loop...isn't Sooner a "Claim Jumper"? Why is he wearing a headdress? 

Correct.  That is weird.  They are the dirt burglars 

On 5/3/2023 at 7:16 PM, Wyobraska said:

Correct.  That is weird.  They are the dirt burglars 

Their most popular fan site used to be landthieves.com.  Then ShaggyBevo got sued and they were in bed together so both glorious boards are now extinct.

from the deposition of the Shaggy owner, who gave zero shits:

A Shaggster From Long Ago May Get a Federal Pardon - Page 2 - Daily Texan -  Surly Horns

I used to have the whole transcript and it went into things as hilarious as probatively delving into the true meaning of "tree-fiddy" from south park.

On 5/3/2023 at 8:41 PM, VandalPride97 said:

Their most popular fan site used to be landthieves.com.  Then ShaggyBevo got sued and they were in bed together so both glorious boards are now extinct.

from the deposition of the Shaggy owner, who gave zero shits:

A Shaggster From Long Ago May Get a Federal Pardon - Page 2 - Daily Texan -  Surly Horns

I used to have the whole transcript and it went into things as hilarious as probatively delving into the true meaning of "tree-fiddy" from south park.

I would have loved to have been part of that process where they are discusses FUPAs in a legal proceeding among other things. 

That is gold!

On 5/3/2023 at 10:36 AM, son of a gun said:

The New Mexico and Wyoming characters are much better than we have today! I'd buy gear with those designs.