Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nevada Convert

Fascinating New Poll: DeSantis vs. Disney

Desantis is an extreme authoritarian.  He wants to dictate to local school boards and US companies how they should think and act.  GOP used to preach local control and I liked that.  Not so much anymore.

On 5/18/2023 at 5:25 PM, Billings said:

Desantis is an extreme authoritarian.  He wants to dictate to local school boards and US companies how they should think and act.  GOP used to preach local control and I liked that.  Not so much anymore.

Yeah unfortunately they started copying Democrats and went overboard. 

On 5/18/2023 at 5:32 PM, soupslam1 said:

Yeah unfortunately they started copying Democrats and went overboard. 

No question many Dems like top down solutions.  Things like food stamps and medicaid programs are better off at the state level with federal guidelines and block grant funding.

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

On 5/18/2023 at 12:17 PM, UNLV2001 said:

I know one of the people who was supposed to relocate. Their spouse and family have been opposed to the move since they were informed. I'll have to reach out to find out what they are saying about the change.

On 5/18/2023 at 5:58 PM, Billings said:

No question many Dems like top down solutions.  Things like food stamps and medicaid programs are better off at the state level with federal guidelines and block grant funding.

That is how Medicaid is administered. 

On 4/22/2023 at 3:27 PM, Nevada Convert said:

Just for the record, I haven’t worn dress shorts since the mid-80’s which was almost 40 years ago.

But having said that, I don’t think anyone, even transgendered people, want to be recognized as trans. They want to be recognized as a male or female (sure, some don’t want to look like either). Not being recognized as trans means you’re successfully pulling off looking like the opposite gender. 

The trans people that walk around trying to look like the opposite sex in horrid fashion, looking like a really bad Halloween costume, aren’t doing serious trans people any favors, IMHO. 

Yer nothing more than the dumb ass kid who's constantly trying to get attention.

Teachers Pet Yes GIF by Tracey Matney - Victory Points Social

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 5/18/2023 at 1:16 PM, UNLV2001 said:

Florida Man can take solace in the fact they are winning the War on Woke.

It won't mean much when you're Economy collapses, but they will have their phyrric victory.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 5/19/2023 at 6:06 AM, NVGiant said:

That is how Medicaid is administered. 

Medicaid is not a block grant program but jointly run by feds and states.  A bit different.

https://www.medicaid.gov/medicaid/financial-management/index.html#:~:text=The Medicaid program is jointly,Medical Assistance Percentage (FMAP).

On 5/19/2023 at 8:18 AM, Spaztecs said:

Yer nothing more than the dumb ass kid who's constantly trying to get attention.

Teachers Pet Yes GIF by Tracey Matney - Victory Points Social

Oh that is precious coming from a true attention whore. You have to go through every post someone makes that triggers you (a lot) and give your little feedback and then a make a stupid GQP post about it. You and little doggie are cut from the same cloth. 

kat.jpg

On 5/19/2023 at 8:27 AM, Spaztecs said:

Florida Man can take solace in the fact they are winning the War on Woke.

It won't mean much when you're Economy collapses, but they will have their phyrric victory.

LOL, in a state the size of Florida, the impact it would’ve had is negligible. There are so many other variables that determine the State of Florida’s health success. Igor and DeSantis are both big ego idiots. I have no problem with DeSantis fighting Wokeness. However, he’s going too far with it being an authoritarian. Authoritarian’s just suck. 

kat.jpg