Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ph90702

Pretty Sickening

On 4/19/2023 at 2:18 PM, Nevada Convert said:

Let’s assume for a second that you’re right that he showed remorse and isn’t a racist. His paranoia and extremely poor decision making still makes him a danger to the public. He’s obviously not making prudent decisions in regards to his safety or the public’s safety.

You obviously don’t open a door if you feel your life is in danger. You call the cops, and wait. If the door comes open then you can shoot. 

Maybe we need to require elderly people to have a permit to have a gun just like we do for drivers licenses to make sure they’re not a danger to the public and themselves. 

It’s almost 10 at night in Kansas City, a place consistently well above the national rate for violent crime. He’s in bed. He never has visitors this late, neighbors or otherwise. Someone is trying to come into his house. The public’s safety is not in question.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

On 4/19/2023 at 2:34 PM, SharkTanked said:

I was just presenting that there was more to the statement you were admonishing people to read.

Here is the whole thing containing both interviews.

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/23782298-probable-cause-statement_final_20230418100906810

And yes, regardless of whether he tried to pull on the door or not, the whole thing is tragic. I still don't have a lot of sympathy for someone answering a doorbell locked, loaded and firing seemingly without saying a word of warning.

When you’re 84 and living alone you may have a different perspective when people come knocking late at night.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

On 4/19/2023 at 2:38 PM, thelawlorfaithful said:

When you’re 84 and living alone you may have a different perspective when people come knocking late at night.

Then maybe you shouldn't be armed? What this man did does not seem like a reasonable response.

According to the victims testimony, he rang the doorbell and waited. He was shot in the head, fell down and was shot again in the arm while on the ground. As he was running away to avoid being shot again, the shooter allegedly called out "don't come around here again."

If that is how things went down, I don't have sympathy for the guy. 

How about warning the potential intruder that you are armed and to leave now or you will shoot? I have a feeling the victim would immediately realize he had the wrong house if that's how it went down. How about not shooting him a second time when he is already on the ground? How about not yelling at him as he runs away bleeding?

On 4/19/2023 at 2:36 PM, thelawlorfaithful said:

It’s almost 10 at night in Kansas City, a place consistently well above the national rate for violent crime. He’s in bed. He never has visitors this late, neighbors or otherwise. Someone is trying to come into his house. The public’s safety is not in question.

LOL, the publics safety is absolutely in question because his gross negligence led to shooting a kid in the head and then again in the shoulder. No warning, no nothing. It is not illegal to walk up to someone’s door and ring the doorbell at any time if the intention is not to purposely disturb a person.

There are lots of reasons someone rings your doorbell at any hour such as in an emergency. Maybe the neighbors notice you have a busted water pipe and water is coming out of your house, or your garage is on fire. The publics safety is absolutely in question. 

kat.jpg

On 4/19/2023 at 2:43 PM, SharkTanked said:

Then maybe you shouldn't be armed? What this man did does not seem like a reasonable response.

According to the victims testimony, he rang the doorbell and waited. He was shot in the head, fell down and was shot again in the arm while on the ground. As he was running away to avoid being shot again, the shooter allegedly called out "don't come around here again."

How about warning the potential intruder that you have are armed and to leave now or you will shoot? I have a feeling the victim would immediately realize he had the wrong house if that's how it went down. How about not shooting him a second time when he is already on the ground? How about not yelling at him as he runs away bleeding?

Exactly. That’s not how a normal stable human being reacts to another human being. 

kat.jpg

Sounds like a Yakov Smirnoff joke.

'Russian cops fire warning shot into person's head to warn the next guy'.

It gives me a headache just trying to think down to your level

On 4/19/2023 at 2:43 PM, SharkTanked said:

How about warning the potential intruder that you have are armed and to leave now or you will shoot? I have a feeling the victim would immediately realize he had the wrong house if that's how it went down. How about not shooting him a second time when he is already on the ground? How about not yelling at him as he runs away bleeding?

I’m not saying it wasn’t a crime, even it happened like he says. But if that’s not how things went down does it change your opinion at all? What if he was trying to open the door? Is it the homeowner’s responsibility to make sure he is being burglarized before responding? Does he have to reveal that only a very old man is alone in the house before he can’t take a defensive action? What if it’s a 105 lb college girl, does she have to warn off somebody away from her home up until they are strangling her?

These questions are a lot easier as grown men still filled with some youth and vigor. We’re formidable in ways other people aren’t. But this doesn’t appear in any way to be the Arbery case, which is really why I called Convert out for trying to fit in.

On 4/19/2023 at 3:25 PM, thelawlorfaithful said:

I’m not saying it wasn’t a crime, even it happened like he says. But if that’s not how things went down does it change your opinion at all? What if he was trying to open the door? Is it the homeowner’s responsibility to make sure he is being burglarized before responding? Does he have to reveal that only a very old man is alone in the house before he can’t take a defensive action? What if it’s a 105 lb college girl, does she have to warn off somebody away from her home up until they are strangling her?

These questions are a lot easier as grown men still filled with some youth and vigor. We’re formidable in ways other people aren’t. But this doesn’t appear in any way to be the Arbery case, which is really why I called Convert out for trying to fit in.

I still think it is the shooter's responsibility to provide warning before shooting. Even if the kid was rattling the storm door and it seemed like he was trying to break in. I think that should be the "reasonable person" expectation in these events. Doing so does no reveal that he is a very old man living alone. Doing so gives the perpetrator warning to cease and desist. That should be the reasonable case when someone is at your door, has not come in, and you are holding an armed weapon at them. 105lb college girl, 84 yr old man, 10 yr old hunting apprentice, 35 yr old hipster with neck beard, 27 yr old transgendered woman... none of that matters. What matters is that you are prepared to take a life and you need to give the other person a final chance to rethink their course of action if you are able to do so. He was able to do so in this situation. It's called being a reasonable human being.

Now if they immediately threaten, or do not back off, then game on. Protect yourself. But if they turn and run, call the cops and let them handle it.

On 4/19/2023 at 12:33 PM, GoDogs22 said:

Decades worth of AM radio and Fox News has created entire generations of white people who live their entire lives in fear of other people, and NRA messaging tells them that they can only be safe if they have an arsenal on their person at all times. 

I have been home in Sandy Eggo for the past week helping my Mom move and doing some drywall work at her new place.

At any rate there are loads of non whites here. Interracial couples and kids. People speaking numerous languages practicing non Christian Religions etc. Lots of gay and transgenders as well. 

Guess what ? Everyone is decent and friendly to everyone. Everyone gets along.

It doesn't appear as if this part of the US had gone off the rails as per the RW messaging.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 4/19/2023 at 2:05 PM, thelawlorfaithful said:

No. He’s an 84 year old man who shot a kid trying to open his door at night and then spent the night crying asking officers about the fate of the victim. It’s all in the charging report if you’d bother to read it. But because you have no social skills, you want to pile on a frightened old man who lives alone that nearly killed a kid over a misunderstanding, even long after the posters that constantly torture you moved on from blaming race to blaming guns and discussing similar crimes. The reason being even they see that a frail old man startled by a possible intruder could respond to a potential burglary for all he knows with the only deadly force he’s capable of mustering. Even the neighbors say it was strange anyone would visit the man (that’s in the charging report as well) and someone visiting at that time at night is unheard of. If the poor kid goes to a different house none of this would have happened. It’s a goddamn tragedy all around. 

So,.................

It's the victims fault.

AmIrite?

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 4/19/2023 at 3:17 PM, RSF said:

Sounds like a Yakov Smirnoff joke.

'Russian cops fire warning shot into person's head to warn the next guy'.

True story. Back in the early 80’s I was driving down the freeway at 4am on a Sunday morning in San Diego (don’t ask) and the freeway was deserted. Then in my rear view mirror I notice a bunch of emergency lights, and as they got closer there was a cop car with flashing lights in all 5 of the freeway lanes and they were chasing a car with no lights on. 

So I pulled over, and then later I saw on the news that they chased the guy all the way to the border and he he blew right through a closed border crossing lane and the Mexican Federale’s were waiting for him and opened fire. The only problem is they were on both sides of the road when they opened fire.

They missed the driver and ended up killing two of their own and wounding two others. Almost qualified as a Polish firing squad (shooters in a circle and the target in the middle). 

kat.jpg

On 4/19/2023 at 8:59 AM, FresnoFacts said:

Now two teenage cheerleaders in Texas shot because one mistakenly opened the wrong car door in a grocery store parking lot (supposedly looked similar to her car).

Shoot first ask questions later is becoming the way of life.

On 4/19/2023 at 3:25 PM, thelawlorfaithful said:

I wasn’t trying to fit in at all. I am very often in disagreement with our friends on the left, so why would I want to just fit in on this one? I think it’s pretty clear to most that I have a little fun going tit for tat with the left majority here, and it’s never been about being popular or whatever. I probably have the record (or close to it) for the most negative emoticon feedback with all the trolling I’ve done over the years. 

kat.jpg

On 4/16/2023 at 5:55 PM, ph90702 said:

There was 1 white girl killed this week and another in critical conditions under similar situation. Tragic for all 3. I’m guessing the 84 year old man will face justice. 

The Masters 5k road race All American.