Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bornontheblue

90s Country music appreciation thread

On 3/31/2023 at 9:41 PM, grandjean87 said:

That's a good place to stop. 

Friday nights during tax season are for going home at 5:00 no matter how +++++ing backed up your workload is and opening a Miller Lite with the classic sounds of country gold circa 1994

On 3/31/2023 at 8:28 PM, bornontheblue said:

I'll start it off 

Same album - Don’t take the Girl. Hits ya in the feels.

90’s Country is so terrible and cringe…but super nostalgic for me personally.

Alan Jackson Greatest Hits was the first CD I owned as a 9-year old back in ‘95. 

On 3/31/2023 at 10:00 PM, toonkee said:

The (Dixie) Chicks saved my sanity back in the day. Only intersection of mine, the lady, and my three chicks on road trips.  

That's a good classic style song.  This one from the two late '90s albums still my family favorite:

On 3/31/2023 at 10:05 PM, bsu_alum9 said:

Same album - Don’t take the Girl. Hits ya in the feels.

90’s Country is so terrible and cringe…but super nostalgic for me personally.

Alan Jackson Greatest Hits was the first CD I owned as a 9-year old back in ‘95. 

My wife is a classically trained vocalist. The year we got married in 1997 she lost in the championship round the of a karaoke contest in a bar in nowhere, BFE backwoods Idaho to s dude who absolutely nailed My Maria by Brooks and Dunn. 

Her song in the contest was black velvet 

Americana god, Rodney Crowell has had an incredible career as a singer and songwriter and still going.  He had a run of mainstream country radio success in the late '80s and early '90s.  This one from the first album to have five #1 country radio hits (Diamonds and Dirt) -- Grammy for song of the year 1990: