Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rebels18

Headbutt is a man of his word ---DID NOT Welch on a BET (after a smidge of public shaming)

On 3/30/2023 at 12:19 PM, East Coast Aztec said:

What was the bet?  

He was trash talking UNLV's attendance and it wouldn't increase even tho we moved to Allegiant and I said let's do a helmet bet with the over/under attendance avg. being 21,000. UNLV avged like 21,500~ that season. (A foolish bet on his part I baited him into with my superior intelligence and wit by shit-talking CSU's attendance after moving into their new stadium)---but that's irrelevant because a bet's a bet. 

I let several months go by hoping @Headbutt would DM me and settle it himself. Then I DMed him several months later and he fed me something like the helmets were sold out. Then I DMed him another month or so later and he said they were back in stock and he would mail it.

Now I resort to SHAMING him. 

SHAME SHAME SHAME!

@Headbutt You are a man of low value! Forget the helmet! I don't want it anymore! The debt has been resolved, it's been paid for in FULL with the desolation of YOUR HONOR, SIR!

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

On 3/30/2023 at 1:09 PM, TheSanDiegan said:

I remember a decade or so ago @Rebels18 lost a bet to me and within a few days an envelope containing $100 appeared in my PO Box. 

I will always respect R18 for being a man of his word. 

fuggin' xavier thames

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

On 3/30/2023 at 11:09 AM, TheSanDiegan said:

I remember a decade or so ago @Rebels18 lost a bet to me and within a few days an envelope containing $100 appeared in my PO Box. 

And apparently old. Who sends cash through the mail anymore? 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

On 3/30/2023 at 12:51 PM, tailingpermit said:

@Warbowis in charge of MWC Board debt collection, @k5james has a warrant out for his arrest in all four forums.  

@Warbow will be laying down a curse that involves sacrificing a chicken or two, no doubt.  don't mess with his voodoo.

San Jose State
Announced: 85,235
Scanned: 33,892
Percentage: 39.8%
Actual Attendance Per Game: 5,648

On 3/30/2023 at 11:09 AM, TheSanDiegan said:

@Rebels18 was quick to send $100, which made you forget that the bet was for $1,000.

On 3/30/2023 at 12:13 PM, madmartigan said:

And apparently old. Who sends cash through the mail anymore? 

He said a decade ago. Not last year.

On 3/30/2023 at 2:21 PM, Pelado said:

@Rebels18 was quick to send $100, which made you forget that the bet was for $1,000.

Pftt. $1000, $100 who cares? Free money, son.

On 3/30/2023 at 2:58 PM, Rebels18 said:

Were you using cash app 10 years ago? Lol

Paypal was founded 25 years or so ago. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

On 3/30/2023 at 3:26 PM, DoubleBlueGold said:

He said a decade ago. Not last year.

PAYPAL

On 3/30/2023 at 3:01 PM, madmartigan said:

PAYPAL

I remember it being consumer to business payment method only. I think it's only been less then 7 years since peer-to-peer payments apps arrived.

@Rebels18 is correct.  I welched.  Not on purpose, but got sidetracked right after I promised delivery and then forgot all about it.  The public shaming is not unfair or unfounded.  The helmet has been ordered.  It's a minor deal that I let become something stupid.  Situation resolved.  mea culpa.

On 3/30/2023 at 9:37 PM, Headbutt said:

@Rebels18 is correct.  I welched.  Not on purpose, but got sidetracked right after I promised delivery and then forgot all about it.  The public shaming is not unfair or unfounded.  The helmet has been ordered.  It's a minor deal that I let become something stupid.  Situation resolved.  mea culpa.

Under MWC rules of order (subsection 38-b) proof of said order is in order.

On 3/30/2023 at 8:45 PM, DestinFlPackfan said:

Under MWC rules of order (subsection 38-b) proof of said order is in order.

Yeah, I'm aware of that.  I tried to post it in my DM to @Rebels18, but for some reason it wouldn't attach.  I'll wait for the shipment confirmation to hit my inbox and see if I can make that one work. 

By the way, it's subsection 37-C.  38-B regulates the posting of Salma Hayek photo's.  I'm working to get 38-B omitted as those pics should not be regulated.