Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

misplacedcowboy

POLL: What's more impressive, Boise's Fiesta Bowl or SDSU's Final Four?

POLL: What's the bigger accomplishment?  

123 members have voted

1. 1. What was the bigger accomplishment?

• Boise 2007 Fiesta Bowl win
    • SDSU reaching 2023 Final Four

As non-P5 fans, what should we celebrate more? 

My feeling is SDSU. More money at stake with NCAA tourney credits, and nowadays a G5 gets a guaranteed spot in a NY6 game, making a Final Four spot that much more elusive.

Not to mention, that Statue of Liberty play nearly happened closer to UNLV's ancient NATTY than it did to present day.

Im an SDSU fan, so the final four means more to me personally, plus that Fiesta bowl happened before Boise joined the MWC so it didn't mean as much to the conference. However that Fiesta bowl game was one of the best football games I've ever watched, so I went with that.

They were both equally important to the context of the era.

Boise was the second BCS buster.

SDSU is the Team with minimal NIL and they took down a group of NBA bound thugs.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

Both are very difficult to achieve, however, in one of those years Boise State finished fifth in the nation. I think that’s more difficult to do in football than basketball. However, if SDSU wins it all I’ll have to give the nod to the Aztecs

On 3/30/2023 at 8:45 AM, misplacedcowboy said:

As non-P5 fans, what should we celebrate more? 

My feeling is SDSU. More money at stake with NCAA tourney credits, and nowadays a G5 gets a guaranteed spot in a NY6 game, making a Final Four spot that much more elusive.

Not to mention, that Statue of Liberty play nearly happened closer to UNLV's ancient NATTY than it did to present day.

You left out FS’s NC in Baseball. The run that team made was from a far outside position, similar to what SUDS is doing now.

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

On 3/30/2023 at 11:19 AM, Dogs4Me said:

You left out FS’s NC in Baseball. The run that team made was from a far outside position, similar to what SUDS is doing now.

Okay, but how many Tourney Credits did they earn ?

:shrug:

Yes, the Dawgs run to the College World Series was amazing, unfortunately, the CWS doesn't have the cache of the NCAAT.

Americans Mayor

Being Biased, I'm going to say neither.

During the 2010 season, the MWC champion won the Rose Bowl and finished 2nd in the nation.

It gives me a headache just trying to think down to your level

2007 Fiesta...

Utah's win over Bama in the Sugar bowl opened eyes. But the BSU win over Oklahoma shook CFB and I believe was one of the highest rated CFB ever at the time (?). 

On 3/30/2023 at 11:55 AM, toonkee said:

UNLV's four final fours and a Natty.

That got your ticket punched to the WAC and ultimately the MW where the FB program and recently the BB program have been living on Welfare 

Americans Mayor

Boise. But not by much. George Mason, Wichita State, VCU etc… had all made a Cinderella run. Only Utah had broke the glass ceiling before Boise and even then they put them against the crappiest BCS opponent that wasn’t anywhere in the Utes league. Boise beat a loaded Oklahoma at the peak of its run. Love this Aztecs squad but there is no question they can play with anybody. With Boise nobody really knew.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

Final 4. Especially as a 5 seed. You gotta earn it four games in a row AND SDSU did it 3 time zones away from home including beating the overall #1 seed in the tourney. 

The equivalent for that 2006 Boise team wouldn't have been just beating Oklahoma, it would have been beating Texas Tech and then beating Oregon and then beating Ohio State and then beating Georgia. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

On 3/30/2023 at 10:19 AM, Dogs4Me said:

I know I could easily look it up, but I'll just ask you instead. Was Aaron Judge on that team? Or any other future MLB'ers?

On 3/30/2023 at 1:49 PM, MissionTrails said:

I know I could easily look it up, but I'll just ask you instead. Was Aaron Judge on that team? Or any other future MLB'ers?

A. Judge was not on that team. There were a couple that made it to the MLB, but I cannot recall the names.

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

On 3/30/2023 at 1:32 PM, thelawlorfaithful said:

Boise. But not by much. George Mason, Wichita State, VCU etc… had all made a Cinderella run. Only Utah had broke the glass ceiling before Boise and even then they put them against the crappiest BCS opponent that wasn’t anywhere in the Utes league. Boise beat a loaded Oklahoma at the peak of its run. Love this Aztecs squad but there is no question they can play with anybody. With Boise nobody really knew.

Valid point.

On 3/30/2023 at 1:39 PM, happycamper said:

Final 4. Especially as a 5 seed. You gotta earn it four games in a row AND SDSU did it 3 time zones away from home including beating the overall #1 seed in the tourney. 

The equivalent for that 2006 Boise team wouldn't have been just beating Oklahoma, it would have been beating Texas Tech and then beating Oregon and then beating Ohio State and then beating Georgia. 

Valid point.

On 3/30/2023 at 2:58 PM, toonkee said:

Valid point.

Valid point.

Either way what SDSU has done is amazing. They beat three really good teams and slayed a giant all in ten days. That’s a team of bangers right there.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.