Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spaztecs

The "UN"-Official SDSU to the Pac thread.

On 3/26/2023 at 9:37 PM, Coog kev said:

My stuff re this topic.  Arizona is playing both sides of the fence re potential craptastic PAC media rights deal v. jumper to XII.  What is more obvious is this.  Once Texas & Oklahoma announced their Elevator Lift to SEC, the Big12 knew it needed to expand and evolve to not only survive but to flourish within reason.  Hence BYU, Cincy, UCF, and Houston announced/added way BEFORE the new media rights deal with ESPN & Fox was negotiated, which turned out to be fairly dandy for all.  

PAC has done nothing like this at all.  USC and UCLA are gone.  Where is the PAC invite for SMU and SDSU?  Are the media rights negotiations that terrible?  I have read that ESPN has bailed and now it's just Amazon/Apple.  Tomato/Potato.  West Coast Window/West Coast Basement streaming only.

The newby media rights contract XII has a careful clause in it, favourable for expansion.  

Welcome, San Diego State to the Big12.  Bring Arizona along too if they are up for it. 

SMU can backfill PAC matters.  Highland Park and Berkeley are just wonderful buds to be had together.  

And while this media rights deal stuff is completely separate from what's going on at Cal, it has certainly impacted their search for a new basketball coach.  Instability all around.

Cal basketball.  Cal football.  Both disasters.  IF SMU goes to the PAC, they need to re-invent baseball to outdo and outperform Cal. Maybe Stanford too.  In a really weird way, I can see somewhat conservative SMU forming a bond with Cal & Stanford.  Even though SMU is Carnegie Tier2 working on Tier1 (yawn, welcome to the Club re that SMU and keep up with the Rest of Us).  SMU does have one fine attribute.  A $2B endowment and a highly wealthy alumni base, limited in geography as they are.  

P.S.  Too bad Rice does not perform better athletically.  Rice far outdoes SMU academically.  And in endowment matters.  Rice had its hay days in the 1950s sports wise.  In some of my quirky dreams, I wish Rice could bring it all back athletically...but they are too limited in student base size on purpose.  

150px-Coat_of_arms_of_the_University_of_Houston_System.png

On 3/26/2023 at 8:51 PM, jdgaucho said:

Indeed they can use some positive news. 

Because Canzano said a Big West member just handed Cal another loss.  Not a good look for your future Berkeley Bros. 

Mark Madsen is a better hire.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

On 3/26/2023 at 10:37 PM, Coog kev said:

My stuff re this topic.  Arizona is playing both sides of the fence re potential craptastic PAC media rights deal v. jumper to XII.  What is more obvious is this.  Once Texas & Oklahoma announced their Elevator Lift to SEC, the Big12 knew it needed to expand and evolve to not only survive but to flourish within reason.  Hence BYU, Cincy, UCF, and Houston announced/added way BEFORE the new media rights deal with ESPN & Fox was negotiated, which turned out to be fairly dandy for all.  

PAC has done nothing like this at all.  USC and UCLA are gone.  Where is the PAC invite for SMU and SDSU?  Are the media rights negotiations that terrible?  I have read that ESPN has bailed and now it's just Amazon/Apple.  Tomato/Potato.  West Coast Window/West Coast Basement streaming only.

The newby media rights contract XII has a careful clause in it, favourable for expansion.  

Welcome, San Diego State to the Big12.  Bring Arizona along too if they are up for it. 

SMU can backfill PAC matters.  Highland Park and Berkeley are just wonderful buds to be had together.  lols. 

The new G5 adds get peanuts from the Networks and the per School payout drops.

Probably not going to happen from a New 12 perspective. Hence, their interest in the 4C's.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 3/26/2023 at 7:50 PM, Aztec1984 said:

SDSU received an offer from the PAC back in October. Obviously, no firm agreement can be made until the PAC's media contract is finalized. SDSU also has an offer from the B12 as well.

When USCLA announced they were going to the B1G things changed dramatically with SDSU.

Lol received an offer from BIG12!!!! Lmao did you get an offer to from Selma Hayek and Sofia Vergara for a threesome? Yeah we all did too! 😂 

On 3/29/2023 at 3:15 PM, FresnoStateBulldogFan said:

That’s my point it never happened! SUDS fans are so full of themselves.

Well, I'm a SUDS fan and am only half-way full of myself. BTW, one of the ladies you mentioned just rolled over and whispered in my ear "Tell him my name's spelled 'Salma'"

On 3/26/2023 at 9:45 PM, jdgaucho said:

And while this media rights deal stuff is completely separate from what's going on at Cal, it has certainly impacted their search for a new basketball coach.  Instability all around.

Well, they got Madsen who seems like a great fit. 

Gee, I wonder whether Madsen spoke with fellow Mormon Tom Holmoe about Bezerkley before accepting the offer.

On 3/29/2023 at 3:41 PM, MissionTrails said:

Well, I'm a SUDS fan and am only half-way full of myself. BTW, one of the ladies you mentioned just rolled over and whispered in my ear "Tell him my name's spelled 'Salma'"

Well that might be how she spells her name but she surely isn’t talking to you or even in the same city as you. You’re delusional to think that B12 offered SDSU an invite show me the proof… i will wait right here… B12 won’t offer SDSU an invite especially after your president essentially used potential B12 to sweeten a deal with PAC12… in addition that deal with pac may or may not ever come for suds. In fact There’s a good chance Suds might find itself kicking itself in their own ass trying to whore themselves out to a conference that is falling apart and conference that will be lucky to have enough money to barely stay afloat with 8 schools let alone invite SUDs.

On 3/29/2023 at 5:59 PM, 818SUDSFan said:

Got any idea who Erik Rupp is?

Didn't think so.

AMesa moderator?

On 3/27/2023 at 8:54 PM, Nevada Convert said:

Is that your nephews post? 

LOL. It's the guy that runs Aztemesa.

Dozens of followers.  At least a half-dozen are sentient.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

On 3/29/2023 at 5:57 PM, 818SUDSFan said:

Well, they got Madsen who seems like a great fit. 

Gee, I wonder whether Madsen spoke with fellow Mormon Tom Holmoe about Bezerkley before accepting the offer.

Madsen is a good fit coaching wise.  Not who the boosters wanted, but who they needed

On 3/29/2023 at 6:01 PM, FresnoStateBulldogFan said:

Well that might be how she spells her name but she surely isn’t talking to you or even in the same city as you. You’re delusional to think that B12 offered SDSU an invite show me the proof… i will wait right here… B12 won’t offer SDSU an invite especially after your president essentially used potential B12 to sweeten a deal with PAC12… in addition that deal with pac may or may not ever come for suds. In fact There’s a good chance Suds might find itself kicking itself in their own ass trying to whore themselves out to a conference that is falling apart and conference that will be lucky to have enough money to barely stay afloat with 8 schools let alone invite SUDs.

lol - I've never mentioned anything on here about the Big-12. Really don't care at all about that conference. Salma is still here though and doesn't say hi. :popcorn: