Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spaztecs

The "UN"-Official SDSU to the Pac thread.

On 3/29/2023 at 6:01 PM, FresnoStateBulldogFan said:

Well that might be how she spells her name but she surely isn’t talking to you or even in the same city as you. You’re delusional to think that B12 offered SDSU an invite show me the proof… i will wait right here… B12 won’t offer SDSU an invite especially after your president essentially used potential B12 to sweeten a deal with PAC12… in addition that deal with pac may or may not ever come for suds. In fact There’s a good chance Suds might find itself kicking itself in their own ass trying to whore themselves out to a conference that is falling apart and conference that will be lucky to have enough money to barely stay afloat with 8 schools let alone invite SUDs.

I don't think the original person you got triggered by is an SDSU fann.  But watching you get bent out of shape for no reason is funny.  Keep going.

Well that might be how she spells her name but she surely isn’t talking to you or even in the same city as you. You’re delusional to think that B12 offered SDSU an invite show me the proof… i will wait right here… B12 won’t offer SDSU an invite especially after your president essentially used potential B12 to sweeten a deal with PAC12… in addition that deal with pac may or may not ever come for suds. In fact There’s a good chance Suds might find itself kicking itself in their own ass trying to whore themselves out to a conference that is falling apart and conference that will be lucky to have enough money to barely stay afloat with 8 schools let alone invite SUDs.

Watching you, LuDog, Yoda etc. convince yourselves in BarkBoard that you’re somehow the B12s top choice at expanding west is a hilarious example of echo chambers and groupthink. Nobody outside of that board seriously considers Fresno a viable expansion candidate - let alone the leading target for any P5 conference.

On 3/26/2023 at 10:50 PM, Aztec1984 said:

SDSU received an offer from the PAC back in October. Obviously, no firm agreement can be made until the PAC's media contract is finalized. SDSU also has an offer from the B12 as well.

When USCLA announced they were going to the B1G things changed dramatically with SDSU.

That’s not how it works.  ‘Offers’ aren’t made like that.  Schools apply for membership and then if the conf presidents sign off the conference will then extend an invitation as a formality as conferences don’t even accept an application unless assured by the school they’d accept the invite.  Once an invitation is extended it is public knowledge, not just some Twitter guy saying something, but it will be everywhere.  There is no offer of invitation and then waiting period for the schools, if it’s not immediately(within reason) accepted or declined then the invite is null.

When the big 12 expanded less than 2 business days passed between the news of the schools applying for inclusion and them ultimately accepting the invitation.  This is how it is.  Also, SDSU is not on the big 12 radar, for many reasons, but even if they were there current big 12 contract explicitly states that they’ll only pay for other p5 schools.  It’s not happening and frankly the longer the PAC stuff drags out the likelihood of sdsu being the sole MWC school moving goes down.  If it were going to be current PAC plus just sdsu it would’ve been done by now.  Media partners don’t want that.  PAC has to get them in bc they need the market, but the providers don’t want sdsu…or apparently the PAC as a whole right now.

Can you show me proof that the B12 won't offer SDSU an invite? I will wait right here...

On 3/30/2023 at 5:33 AM, aztecsrule72001 said:

Can you show me proof that the B12 won't offer SDSU an invite? I will wait right here...

It’s mentioned everywhere but here’s the media contract guru explaining it like we’re 5 years old:

Just to be clear so others don’t try and split hairs with the wording: no big 12 school is going to vote ‘yes’ to admit any member that will lower the payout for the others.  That rules out sdsu because the big 12 is not going to pay >200m dollars for six years of the San Diego market.  Neither is the PAC, but they’ll be forced to pay something for it.  Probably ~110m over the same period of time at by my calculations.

All speculation except maybe the fact that almost every location in the Big 12 is a location I won't be traveling to support the Aztecs. YUK!

Pac 12 is right around the corner in "Offer Land," need proof? Me too!

On 3/29/2023 at 7:01 PM, FresnoStateBulldogFan said:

Jealous much ?

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

The new Viejas Arena

image.png.e35cad76f07e4026d71a28bc24c847c8.png

Americans Mayor

On 3/29/2023 at 11:40 PM, Aztecmg said:

Watching you, LuDog, Yoda etc. convince yourselves in BarkBoard that you’re somehow the B12s top choice at expanding west is a hilarious example of echo chambers and groupthink. Nobody outside of that board seriously considers Fresno a viable expansion candidate - let alone the leading target for any P5 conference.

Keep on fishing… there’s no fish in the area of this pond.

On 3/30/2023 at 2:40 AM, Aztecmg said:

There’s no serious discussion for any school going to a power conference at this point.  SDSU & Fresno St. are in the same boat, they will both likely be in the new PAC eventually, along with others.  

FYI;

I am an expert.  I also have inside information.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

Americans Mayor