Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheSanDiegan

NCAA Elite Eight: #5 SDSU (18) vs. #6 Creighton

On 3/26/2023 at 2:29 PM, Spot50B said:

Boise State beat Loyola Chicago when they went to the Final Four. Now the Aztecs as well. Home wins just aren't the same animal though.

Don’t you ever mention that faux-Jesuit-school front-for-the-mob to me again. That old lady sold her soul, I just know it. They don’t count.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

Awesome Aztecs were able to pull it off today with a win. This should open up more eyeballs, especially for those BIG, ACC, Big East teams. Perhaps the MW refs being soft and not prepping us for the tourney is now mute.  Wouldn't it be a kicker that SDSU would have to face Texas in the final against Rodney Terry...who used to be Fresno's coach before HUT came from SDSU.

Louisville's a good place for 1st's to happen.

UCSB baseball won two games in Louisville to reach their first College World Series.

SDSU basketball won two games in Louisville to reach their first Final Four.

On 3/26/2023 at 3:08 PM, thelawlorfaithful said:

The invitation is still out there…

Word. If Gonzaga joined and SDSU stays, the MWC would become the undisputed #1 western D1 MBB conference in 2024-25 after the SOCAL schools bolt the PAC. Zags would also be way more battle tested playing in front of more than 4,000 fans in non-high school gyms against multiple NCAAT teams in the MWC.

On 3/26/2023 at 3:33 PM, thelawlorfaithful said:

Don’t you ever mention that faux-Jesuit-school front-for-the-mob to me again. That old lady sold her soul, I just know it. They don’t count.

Boise beat the living shit out of them that night. Got the sanitation contract for Schaumburg as part of the deal.

On 3/26/2023 at 2:31 PM, soupslam1 said:

They could have made it much easier on themselves if Bradley and Parrish had shot half their normal percentages. Did either even make a basket? 

And spoil the sound of Ledee, Mensah, and Tramell’s big clanging brass ones? These Aztecs share the glory.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

On 3/26/2023 at 2:35 PM, KingBronco said:

Word. If Gonzaga joined and SDSU stays, the MWC would become the undisputed #1 western D1 MBB conference in 2024-25 after the SOCAL schools bolt the PAC. Zags would also be way more battle tested playing in front of more than 4,000 fans in non-high school gyms against multiple NCAAT teams in the MWC.

I think Gonzaga's nickel is up. Few may be able to pull off another season or two but regression to the mean is inevitable. Moving to the MWC will help because the mean in the WCC is pretty shitty.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke