Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheSanDiegan

NCAA Sweet 16: #5 SDSU (18) vs #1 Alabama (1)

On 3/24/2023 at 6:18 PM, DoubleBlueGold said:

Calling all horology fanatics!! @Stealthlobo @retrofade, we're meeting at @TheSanDiegan's place for rounds of craft beer and fine bourbon/whiskey/Scotch!

I'm about to break out a good scotch and a cigar and go reflect and read box scores. :cheers:

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

Today we are ALL Aztecs.  And if you are a fan of a MW team and you don't feel that way, I don't know what to say!  Stick it, SEC!  Especially Alabama, which oozes everything I hate about the SEC. 

On 3/24/2023 at 7:33 PM, AztecAlien said:

I usually can't watch the last two minutes of an Aztecs BB game. I made it. Oxygen levels almost back to normal. 😵💫

Go Aztecs!! 

Play of the game was Bradley breaking out of a triple team in the last minute, getting fouled, and sinking both FTs. 

Holy shit. 

Well done Aztecs. 

"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."

GREAT WIN AZTECS! I’m so impressed with this team and the gut check when Bama took a 9 point lead and looked like they were gonna finish it… but wait SDSU showed the toughness and moxie that we all saw during the MWC season and showed what they’re made of.

You did the MWC proud!

SMOKE 'EM IF YOU'VE GOT 'EM!

On 3/24/2023 at 7:03 PM, soupslam1 said:

The doors open to a NC run with three one seeds out and the fourth Houston down big in the second half. 

There has never been an Elite 8 without a number one seed.

https://dknation.draftkings.com/2023/3/24/23655830/when-have-all-four-no-1-seeds-failed-to-make-elite-eight-in-ncaa-tournament-history

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 3/24/2023 at 9:18 PM, GoCoAztec said:

What a game.  I don’t know if we’ll get the call up to a P5, but I’m really glad that we got this win while still in the MWC!

We’ve had so much futility in MM, it’s awesome to get some long deserved reward.

Go Aztecs!

Huh? Hadn’t the Aztecs been to the Sweet 16 twice before? If that’s futility send some the Spartan’s way would ya?

SMOKE 'EM IF YOU'VE GOT 'EM!