Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thedude15

SDSU appreciation thread!!!

On 3/18/2023 at 11:24 PM, NevadaFan said:

Nevada also won games in 2004, 2005 and 2007. 

Those are WAC wins.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 3/18/2023 at 11:59 AM, Cincy said:

SUDS have lucked getting a cakewalk first two round matchups. 
Reality will appear like a brick to the face when they play Alabama. 

Isn't that how seeding works ?

Higher seeds play lower seeds ?

The only teams that consistently play higher or equal seeds are seeded 7-16.

The Goal is to get the higher seeds to the Final Four.

Americans Mayor

On 3/18/2023 at 12:08 PM, renoskier said:

don't be a negative Nancy...this is the "appreciation" thread

Go Aztecs

Yep, show some appreciation for that NCAAT money your School didn't earn.

Americans Mayor

On 3/19/2023 at 10:35 AM, renoskier said:

hey, Nevada has done it part since we've been here

Yeah, screw you. It’s about time you Aztecs put in some work around here. You’ve only been living off of Nevada’s credits for 5 years now..

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

On 3/18/2023 at 8:55 PM, TopLobo said:

One of the toughest games we've ever been in. That LBSU team was relentless. Then we lost by 3 to eventual F4 team Louisville in the next round. What could have been...

That was painful from the LBSU perspective. I graduated the year prior from LBSU but I was still there for all the build up. My 1st year Long Beach was probably a bottom 10 team in the nation  (it was the year a Fresno State role player who transferred to LBSU was the "star" and everyone else was terrible), the Big-4 were recruited (Eugene Phillips, Larry Anderson, Casper Ware, TJ Robinson) and were all four year starters.  Year one of the big 4 showed a ton of promise, year two they made the BWT finals losing to a better Santa Barbara  team, and year 3 and 4 they were the best team in the BW but got upset as JRs to Santa Barbara in the BWT finals and finally won against Santa Barbara in the BWT finals as SRs. 

Dan Monson has been the coach for 16 years (coincidentally he started coaching when I was a Freshman) and the 2011 and 2012 teams were the only two teams that had any prayer of winning an NCAAT game. Sure Long Beach has won two regular season BW crowns since then and made two BWT finals. So they have at least come close to making the NCAAT since 2012 BUT any of those teams would have gotten a 15 seed and gotten blown out in the 1st round.  

It is also interesting to note that in todays environment the run would have never happen. Casper Ware would have transferred to a MW type school (he the "best"  player on the team but undersized so no Big-5 school would call), and TJ Robinson would have transferred to a Big-5 school (2nd best player but more of a plug and play player that could play anywhere).

On 3/19/2023 at 10:43 AM, thelawlorfaithful said:

Yeah, screw you. It’s about time you Aztecs put in some work around here. You’ve only been living off of Nevada’s credits for 5 years now..

Shock. Shame. Disgust. I know these are all familiar emotions for Nevada fans, and you must be feeling them more acutely than ever after Wednesday. 

We are all adults here, there is no reason to lash out like an angsty teen just because some devil molested you.

SDSU carrying the MWC on it's back in this tourney.  Would hate to see them get poached but they look mighty attractive right now to possible suiters.

**  “It’s a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what.”

“There’s no ‘I’ in team. There’s a ‘me’ though, if you jumble it up.”

hoserjpg-2009.jpg.1a3e5724d48c16a835b94dde26c99132.jpg

On 3/19/2023 at 10:49 AM, Los_Aztecas said:

Shock. Shame. Disgust. I know these are all familiar emotions for Nevada fans, and you most must be feeling them more acutely than ever after Wednesday. 

We are all adults here, there is no reason to lash out like an angsty teen just because some devil molested you.

Molestation smack. Well the witless are doing their best, I’ll give them that.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

On 3/19/2023 at 10:52 AM, thelawlorfaithful said:

Molestation smack. Well the witless are doing their best, I’ll give them that.

I'm not talking smack. I'm just expressing my pity for you and your team. If you need shoulder to cry on don't hesitate, ok?

On 3/19/2023 at 10:54 AM, Los_Aztecas said:

I'm not talking smack. I'm just expressing my pity for you and your team. If you need shoulder to cry on don't hesitate, ok?

Don’t hesitate to what? That’s our money SDSU is out there earning for us. 

On 3/18/2023 at 2:30 PM, toonkee said:

Sorry to be so direct, but that's a terrible idea. Sure, you may have a better chance in identifying the best team, but the chaos and danger is what makes this event what it is.

You still have your one and done drama in the opening rounds. A double elimination Tourney gives a Team a chance to come back from a bad night.

Besides, most upsets happen in round one and three anyway. Coaching staffs have time to study film, install a game plan and practice before games one and three. Games two and four are usually won by the better Team.

Americans Mayor

On 3/19/2023 at 10:58 AM, thelawlorfaithful said:

Don’t hesitate to what? That’s our money SDSU is out there earning for us. 

I fully support our philanthropy. Supporting the unwashed masses that live in the hills and deserts of our conference is a noble endeavor.

On 3/19/2023 at 11:02 AM, Los_Aztecas said:

I fully support our philanthropy. Supporting the unwashed masses that live in the hills and deserts of our conference is a noble endeavor.

Which is why it’s nice you stopped sucking at Nevada’s tit this year. It’s refreshing. Hopefully you guys can beat a power conference team when it matters now that the mid majors are running low.

On 3/19/2023 at 11:02 AM, Spaztecs said:

You still have your one and done drama in the opening rounds. A double elimination Tourney gives a Team a chance to come back from a bad night.

Besides, most upsets happen in round one and three anyway. Coaching staffs have time to study film, install a game plan and practice before games one and three. Games two and four are usually won by the better Team.

let me guess...you also favor handing out participation trophies...lol

On 3/19/2023 at 11:05 AM, thelawlorfaithful said:

Which is why it’s nice you stopped sucking at Nevada’s tit this year. It’s refreshing. Hopefully you guys can beat a power conference team when it matters now that the mid majors are running low.

I understand your frustration and projection.  A basketball coach who is retired otj. A team that quit. A football team that is a farm team to places with superior lifestyles. 

It will be ok, maybe with some of our money you can right the ship.

On 3/19/2023 at 10:54 AM, Los_Aztecas said:

nothing to pity...

our team greatly exceeded expectations and delivered a credit

On 3/19/2023 at 11:20 AM, renoskier said:

nothing to pity...

our team greatly exceeded expectations and delivered a credit

Just some good natured smack talk.

You guys had a great year.