Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thedude15

SDSU appreciation thread!!!

Its is a tournament, you play who you play.  The job is to just win and move on.  The Aztecs did what they are supposed to do.  Every team in the country would want to be in the same position.  The opportunity to play in the Sweet 16.

On 3/18/2023 at 12:46 PM, albert mac meda said:

Hahahaha soooo many salty losers in this thread. Shall I post the conference standings here for you? Go back to your doghouse and drink from you bowl cur.

Nah. Just a bunch posters who aren’t impressed with wins over Furman and Charleston. Win the next one and you’ll gets props. We’ll be rooting for you. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

On 3/18/2023 at 1:51 PM, TheTedfordTrain said:

Nah. Just a bunch posters who aren’t impressed with wins over Furman and Charleston. Win the next one and you’ll gets props. We’ll be rooting for you. 

Agreed.  I’m pulling hard for SDSU over Alabama.  Do I believe they have much of a shot?  No.  

On 3/18/2023 at 1:51 PM, TheTedfordTrain said:

I'm sorry, who have you beaten this season ?

Not enough to still be playing.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

lol the Fresno and Southern Nevada fans hating on the Aztecs success.

Americans Mayor

On 3/18/2023 at 12:48 PM, OrediggerPoke said:

That Virginia didn’t come prepared for its first round opponent and lost to an inferior team? I’m sure they would admit the same.  

That was my point..  No gimmes in MM.

Congrats, Aztecs! Somewhere in the beginning of the season I saw you play someone (I don't remember who, lol) and posted that you could possibly be a final four team if you played like that. Good luck next week, would've loved to have seen you play in Vegas.

On 3/18/2023 at 12:25 PM, Spaztecs said:

Personally, I would like to see a double elimination Tourney once you reach the Sweet 16.

Sorry to be so direct, but that's a terrible idea. Sure, you may have a better chance in identifying the best team, but the chaos and danger is what makes this event what it is.

On 3/18/2023 at 1:30 PM, toonkee said:

Sorry to be so direct, but that's a terrible idea. Sure, you may have a better chance in identifying the best team, but the chaos and danger is what makes this event what it is.

Agree. Don't mess with the tournament.

On 3/18/2023 at 12:19 PM, OrediggerPoke said:

Congrats.  Victories over such powerhouses will definitely help the image.  

With all the dissing of Reno and the Aztecs, I feel compelled to ask this: When was the last time a MWC school not named San Diego State University or the University of Nevada won an NCAA tournament game? The number of losses is so pathetic that I honestly can't remember.

On 3/18/2023 at 12:51 PM, TheTedfordTrain said:

Frankly, dude, I don't give a damn. Save your breath to root for your school to get an invitation to the Big 12.

On 3/18/2023 at 1:43 PM, 818SUDSFan said:

Frankly, dude, I don't give a damn. Save your breath to root for your school to get an invitation to the Big 12.

Yeah. I can really tell by your response that you’re not the least bit bothered. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

On 3/18/2023 at 2:41 PM, 818SUDSFan said:

With all the dissing of Reno and the Aztecs, I feel compelled to ask this: When was the last time a MWC school not named San Diego State University or the University of Nevada won an NCAA tournament game? The number of losses is so pathetic that I honestly can't remember.

I agree.  The MWC tournament performances of all teams have been absolutely embarrassing over the last 10 or so years.  Year in and year out, the MWC received multiple bids and flat out looked like it didn’t belong.  

SDSU has a chance for some redemption by beating an Alabama team, I just personally don’t see it happening.  I’ll be rooting like hell for SDSU though.  

On 3/18/2023 at 2:31 PM, 4UNLV said:

Lol, not one Southern Nevada fan has posted in here, until I just did.

Ph has been bagging on the Aztecs in the game thread.

Bringing money to the MW, which the Aztecs will never see , while negating their accomplishment.

You gotta love it.

Americans Mayor