Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ph90702

Rick Pitino to St. John’s

On 3/17/2023 at 6:43 PM, ph90702 said:

By year 3, they will be a Final Four contender.

What does it mean to be a final four contender? St. Peters was a final four contender. Anyone in the tournament is a final four contender. 

On 3/17/2023 at 7:43 PM, ph90702 said:

By year 3, they will be a Final Four contender.

if so, by year 4 they'll be under NCAA investigation and Rick will finally retire.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

This actually sort of pisses me off. UNLV had had numerous opportunities to hire Rick Pitino and jump-start the program, but somehow people in the UNLV administration believe that UNLV is too good?

Unreal. Just f-ing unreal. St John's is every bit the name UNLV is, and they pulled the trigger. UNLV can't even make an NIT.

BS.

On 3/18/2023 at 4:21 PM, qwelish said:

This actually sort of pisses me off. UNLV had had numerous opportunities to hire Rick Pitino and jump-start the program, but somehow people in the UNLV administration believe that UNLV is too good?

Unreal. Just f-ing unreal. St John's is every bit the name UNLV is, and they pulled the trigger. UNLV can't even make an NIT.

BS.

They almost hired Pitino back when I was going to UNLV in the mid-90’s. 

kat.jpg

On 3/20/2023 at 12:12 PM, Nevada Convert said:

I understand the appeal for Pitino to want to coach there. What other university would give the customers of prostitutes (John’s) Sainthood, and then name their school after them? That captures the very essence of what Rick Pitino is. 

Rick isn't exactly a spring chicken.  He gets to stay in NY, a bonus I'm sure.