Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nevada Convert

Can Someone Explain To Me That Dominion Can Prove Damages?

On 3/17/2023 at 12:17 PM, IanforHeisman said:

I’m no lawyer but I’m sure the lies have hurt their business financially..  I would assume that would be fairly easy to prove in court.

I think it was last year they reported profits of $100 mil. Don’t get me wrong, while I’m not a big fan of Dominion, Fox deserves to lose this lawsuit for what damages D can prove. 

kat.jpg

Kern County almost cancelled its contract with Dominion last month. Instead they renewed it for 3 years on a 3-2 vote. But election fraud believers opposed to Dominion machines supposedly are going to continue to challenge that decision by the Kern BOS to try to reverse it.

I haven't looked closely but there are likely places besides Shasta who have also cancelled contracts or where Dominion was impacted when they bid on new contracts.

yeah was gonna say...basically they can show that they lost out on material money/contracts because of the knowingly false/defamatory allegations made by Faux News...lol

with as much money at stake as there is here...they no doubt have commissioned studies, reports, etc to prove it...so its probably not some total WAG as to how much they'll get...lol

fox looks so stupid at this point...gotta love it...lol

On 3/17/2023 at 1:55 PM, Billings said:

everything ive ever read about that place makes it seem like its where all the dudes who used to advertise in the back pages of "soldier of fortune" magazine retired to after the magazine ceased publication...lol

and here i thought kalifornia was supposed to be some kind of woke lefty utopia...lol

On 3/17/2023 at 7:47 PM, SAMO said:

everything ive ever read about that place makes it seem like its where all the dudes who used to advertise in the back pages of "soldier of fortune" magazine retired to after the magazine ceased publication...lol

and here i thought kalifornia was supposed to be some kind of woke lefty utopia...lol

Shasta County was never the same after the mills started closing in the 1970s/1980s. Humboldt County attracted more hippies, pot growers, and liberals as its timber industry declined in that era. Shasta County attracted a couple of mentalities that were different than those in Humboldt.

On 3/17/2023 at 4:16 PM, FresnoFacts said:

Kern County almost cancelled its contract with Dominion last month. Instead they renewed it for 3 years on a 3-2 vote. But election fraud believers opposed to Dominion machines supposedly are going to continue to challenge that decision by the Kern BOS to try to reverse it.

I haven't looked closely but there are likely places besides Shasta who have also cancelled contracts or where Dominion was impacted when they bid on new contracts.

Almost doesn’t work. I’m not looking for emotional support for the cause, I’m curious to see objective facts. I’m not seeing any big losses. I’m not defending Fox at all, just being objective to predict who’s going to win/lose. The MWC Board tends to be tall on emotion and short on facts when it comes to homer lefty politics.  

kat.jpg

Cali has always been fairly conservative outside of the big cities, particularly coastal. But that’s where the population and Dem votes are. 

kat.jpg

On 3/18/2023 at 6:38 AM, Nevada Convert said:

Almost doesn’t work. I’m not looking for emotional support for the cause, I’m curious to see objective facts. I’m not seeing any big losses. I’m not defending Fox at all, just being objective to predict who’s going to win/lose. The MWC Board tends to be tall on emotion and short on facts when it comes to homer lefty politics.  

If this is defamation per se, dominion won’t need to prove damages.

If you think rural California is lefty you don’t know much about the place. As the lots get larger it moves right. Think McCarthy, Nunes, Issa. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

On 3/18/2023 at 7:38 AM, Nevada Convert said:

Google "intangible assets" and the same for "punitive damages".  

On 3/18/2023 at 7:56 AM, Old_SD_Dude said:

If you think rural California is lefty you don’t know much about the place. As the lots get larger it moves right. Think McCarthy, Nunes, Issa. 

It's true. As the cities got more diverse and "liberal" the kooks moved farther afield. There has to be some sort of proportional growth to the number of Trump signs and the miles you get away from any population center

On 3/18/2023 at 6:38 AM, Nevada Convert said:

That was just info for you personally given your background. Besides as I said I hear that groups are organizing in Kern County to pressure the BOS to overturn that vote, it still could change.

I did say in the next paragraph I have not followed closely all the states and counties to see what has happened to Dominion contracts.

I'm not an attorney but isn't there such a thing as damages for impacts on a brand's reputation.

On 3/18/2023 at 9:48 AM, grandjean87 said:

Google "intangible assets" and the same for "punitive damages".  

Yeah, I know what an intangible asset is and it’s role in a defamation case. Intangible assets are generally harder to valuate than tangible assets. Therefore, you need to show some significant monetary damages to be able to make the case that you also have intangible losses. With that, and very strong evidence of intent to defame, you can score some sweet punitive damages as punishment. But the foundation of any defamation case is the monetary damages and intent to defame, and you build it from there. 

kat.jpg

On 3/18/2023 at 9:48 PM, Nevada Convert said:

Yeah, I know what an intangible asset is and its role in a defamation case. Intangible assets are generally harder to valuate than tangible assets. Therefore, you need to show some significant monetary damages to be able to make the case that you also have intangible losses. With that, and very strong evidence of intent to defame, you can score some sweet punitive damages as punishment. But the foundation of any defamation case is the monetary damages and intent to defame, and you build it from there. 

Intangible assets harm is tautological.  Go to "punitive damages" next. 

On 3/18/2023 at 7:41 AM, Nevada Convert said:

Cali has always been fairly conservative outside of the big cities, particularly coastal. But that’s where the population and Dem votes are. 

Isn’t it that way everywhere.. most big cities are pretty liberal, and the rural more conservative. Idaho always votes heavily republican, but Boise has elected a dem for mayor for quite awhile now.