Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cougar King

MWC is a 1 bid league at best.

On 3/25/2023 at 11:37 AM, albert mac meda said:

To me this is a dead giveaway. I can honestly say he (/she/they?) is the only Aztec “fan” that I’ve seen refer to SDSU as “Suds”. That and calling yourself “Spaztec” smh.

On 3/25/2023 at 5:48 PM, ---I GREEN INFECTION I--- said:

When I was at SDSU in the mid-'80s you'd see cut up "SDSU" stickers on vehicles to read "SUDS" all the time.

Maybe he's in his mid-50s or older.

On 3/25/2023 at 5:48 PM, ---I GREEN INFECTION I--- said:

When I was at SDSU in the mid-'80s you'd see cut up "SDSU" stickers on vehicles to read "SUDS" all the time.

...except drunk GenX frat boys trying hard to be ironic.

I've amended my statement.

To be fair, when I was in high school we used to call it 13th grade.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

I think SDSU will be associated with the term SUDS because they like to also promote their local craft beers in the area. Even Snapdragon promotes San Diego's local beers as marketing point.

Well, this thread has certainly made my trip to Houston less exciting lol.

"Make like a tree and scram" - Rosegreen

Your administration is the reason why our basketball league is bleeding out currently. If you didn't insist on San Jose being in the MWC, so you guys would have someone that votes similar to SDSU, every team in the MWC wouldn't have to play 2 games vs. a team with a 330 RPI ranking EVERY season.

You guys are as stupid as you are desperate.   - Cowboy Junky

On 3/16/2023 at 12:48 PM, Cougar King said:

Another year of disappointment from you guys. Basically a mid-major version of the Big 10 when it comes to basketball performance.

eat s h i t

On 3/27/2023 at 6:23 PM, Nevada Convert said:

When I was at SDSU, it was still a very very wet campus. We’d get hammered at lunch at Monty’s and then go to class. 

Ahhh! the good 'ol' days.  I spent many afternoons on the patio at Monty's.

On 3/27/2023 at 8:01 PM, East Coast Aztec said:

Did they switch the name to Louie's (RIP), or is it a different place?  US Gov with Stoddard was always better after an hour at Louie's.  :rock:

On 3/27/2023 at 8:13 PM, kingpotato said:

Houston is a truly awful place.

Louie's was the bar inside Monty's Den. We just referred to ad Monty's.

On 3/28/2023 at 9:33 AM, Aztec Since 88 said:

Louie's was the bar inside Monty's Den. We just referred to ad Monty's.

Okay.  I had 2 out of 3 of my years there to enjoy.  Then it was 4.0 (RIP) and Effins (RIP) for the backups.  I don't even know a non-chain college bar that is in College Area now.  

Pitchers before class at Monty's is what made me extend my college career by one semester. Not by choice. Thank God there was no group texts back then or I'd still be going there, along with some persuasive and drunk friends. The other main attraction besides the beer was watching the new female talent walk the pedestrian bridge from their dorm to campus on a bright sunny day. It was right next to the outdoor patio.

On 3/27/2023 at 7:48 PM, Aztec Since 88 said:

Ahhh! the good 'ol' days.  I spent many afternoons on the patio at Monty's.

Back in the ‘70’s there were commercial buildings fronting College Avenue just south of Aztec Center. They were all torn down for the underground light rail station. Of course Aztec Center is now gone as well. Anyway, there was a little alley between the buildings, and in the alley a little dive called “The Two-Bit Sandwich Shop.” The lunch special was a grilled roast beef and cheese sandwich and a mug of beer for a buck. I went in there on my first day at State as a 17-year old Freshman and got served. That lunch special was the base of my nutrition for several years. During Happy Hour 60-ounce pitchers were $2.50. Many were consumed. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

On 3/28/2023 at 8:24 PM, Old_SD_Dude said:

Back in the ‘70’s there were commercial buildings fronting College Avenue just south of Aztec Center. They were all torn down for the underground light rail station. Of course Aztec Center is now gone as well. Anyway, there was a little alley between the buildings, and in the alley a little dive called “The Two-Bit Sandwich Shop.” The lunch special was a grilled roast beef and cheese sandwich and a mug of beer for a buck. I went in there on my first day at State as a 17-year old Freshman and got served. That lunch special was the base of my nutrition for several years. During Happy Hour 60-ounce pitchers were $2.50. Many were consumed. 

I was having  quick beer at a clubhouse in WA with my SDSU shirt on before we were playing the semi-game in the conference tournament, and a lady saw my logo and said she was an Aztec from the early 90's.  Pre-Viejas level.  She is going to be bringing her daughter down for a tour and asked about SDSU, and the conversation took about 45 minutes to explain all of the differences of campus from then to now.  

"What’s an Aquaplex?" 

"Viejas is built in Aztec Bowl?!?!"

"Is Monty's still there?"

I felt there were so many times an "Oh, honey..." should have been said.

On 3/29/2023 at 12:25 AM, East Coast Aztec said:

I was having  quick beer at a clubhouse in WA with my SDSU shirt on before we were playing the semi-game in the conference tournament, and a lady saw my logo and said she was an Aztec from the early 90's.  Pre-Viejas level.  She is going to be bringing her daughter down for a tour and asked about SDSU, and the conversation took about 45 minutes to explain all of the differences of campus from then to now.  

"What’s an Aquaplex?" 

"Viejas is built in Aztec Bowl?!?!"

"Is Monty's still there?"

I felt there were so many times an "Oh, honey..." should have been said.

Tell us you went cougar hunting without telling us you went cougar hunting.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.